(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My monthly box came today, but although my other order says "out for delivery" at the same time as the monthly box only 1 was actually delivered.  Hopefully it didn't get misplaced and I'll get it tomorrow.

I already swatched Lorenzana and Beverly.  The formula seems a bit thick on both so I might thin them out.

Beverly is a very pretty color but it's very similar to Evelyn, which I picked up during the $2 sale.  It's just a bit more purple.  The finish is gorgeous though and although it's a darker shade it still looks summery to me.  I think I'll try this one on my toes.

I have nothing too similar to Lorenzana which kind of surprises me since I have a lot of light neutral shades.  Very pretty and understated but not boring!  Great coverage too for a neutral.

I also got the pedi cream, polish corrector (tried it briefly and it seems to work well), the quick dry drops and the cuticle remover which I am going to try tonight to see if it helps with the staining on my nails.

And now my box says it will be delivered the 16th-18th... I'm not going to hold my breath that I'll have it by the time the August window opens. Sad panda!

I think it's misleading how it says the product, then says "the rest of this box is filled with $100 plus." I bet the $100 includes the product.

Especially lame since these products have all been dirt cheap as add ons lately and were $7 yesterday. I got the vanish for $3 the other week.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone getting the mystery boxes? 

isn't there usually a new polish introduced for the mystery boxes? 

the moisture max trio or the base coat look interesting, but i think it would be easier to justify purchase price if the retail value of the known item was at most the price you pay for the box, otherwise it's like paying more for the product you want with the possibility of getting stuck with america and karen (and a handful of other polishes they try desparately to get rid of).  hoping for spoilers while the boxes are still available!

the moisture max trio or the base coat look interesting, but i think it would be easier to justify purchase price if the retail value of the known item was at most the price you pay for the box, otherwise it's like paying more for the product you want with the possibility of getting stuck with america and karen (and a handful of other polishes they try desparately to get rid of).  hoping for spoilers while the boxes are still available!
I'm not getting one... Generally I would rather wait for a sale or coupon code and put together my own products for $25 to ensure I get what I want than leave it up to chance and get stuff I won't use.

I put on Beverly last night and I love it - it's such a gorgeous berry-purple!  Just a heads up that although it's described as a cream the texture is more of a jelly, but I like the way that makes it look.  I used two coats for even coverage.  It just might become my favorite Julep polish!

I used the polish corrector pen after I did my mani and I'm pretty disappointed.  It hardly took off the polish and I had to swipe it multiple times to get it to take anything off.  I even dipped it straight in acetone, thinking that maybe the remover in the container was too weak, and tried to use it that way and it still sucked.  I finished cleaning up with my usual little brush instead which went so much faster.  

the moisture max trio or the base coat look interesting, but i think it would be easier to justify purchase price if the retail value of the known item was at most the price you pay for the box, otherwise it's like paying more for the product you want with the possibility of getting stuck with america and karen (and a handful of other polishes they try desparately to get rid of). hoping for spoilers while the boxes are still available!
These ones won't have a new polish in them. Since they already offered the base coat at a sale price so soon I'm guessing it wasn't that popular and we'll see lots more promos with it. The moisture mask has been an add on a lot recently which might be a better deal if you don't want to risk getting unwanted polishes.

I'm not even tempted by the mystery boxes this time around. I think I'm at the point where I have so many Juleps that I am pretty much guaranteed dupes.

the moisture max trio or the base coat look interesting, but i think it would be easier to justify purchase price if the retail value of the known item was at most the price you pay for the box, otherwise it's like paying more for the product you want with the possibility of getting stuck with america and karen (and a handful of other polishes they try desparately to get rid of). hoping for spoilers while the boxes are still available!
I purchased one of the boxes because I haven't try the base coat yet and I can get a free birthstone polish with the promo code.

Did anyone get an email about the mystery boxes?  I didn't and I guess I would have expected on.  Just curious.  Thanks

Did anyone get an email about the mystery boxes?  I didn't and I guess I would have expected on.  Just curious.  Thanks
I don't receive Julep's emails for some time now. I guessed that it is because of the new CASL law in Canada that is scaring a lot of the companies from sending emails. 

I received my box yesterday. I tried the lotion and I don't really like the smell of it. I think I'm going to just give it away since it's big and heavy so would probably be costly to trade. I picked Kelsey and Lorenzana as my polishes. They are both kinda blah and I'm pretty sure I already have Julep dupes for both now that I see them both in person. I picked this box myself so I only have myself to blame.

Oh, I haven't tried it yet, but Kelsey looks like Clara in the bottle. It also doesn't look like it has the color intensity as in the pictures on Juleps site (although I'm used to polishes not always looking like they do in Juleps swatches).

Im really frustrated with shipping.  My box has been sitting in MD with a status of "tendered to USPS" for 3 days now.  COME ON JULEP. I just want my polishes!!

Latest posts

Back