(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their shipping tracker is terrible.

If you take the DHL tracking number from the email and put it into USPS.com, you should be able to see whether/what USPS is doing with it.  Also, if it hasn't actually been received by USPS, I'd call Julep now to ask about it.

Their shipping tracker is terrible.

If you take the DHL tracking number from the email and put it into USPS.com, you should be able to see whether/what USPS is doing with it.  Also, if it hasn't actually been received by USPS, I'd call Julep now to ask about it.
This is SO good to know. USPS.com says it hasnt even received it!!

My box came a few days ago, and I got Vicki and Lissa. Both are a little thick and pretty much one-coaters. Lissa is a straight-up turquoise cream. Vicki is a little pinker than I expected  - I was hoping for a pink with a hint of coral. The body milk is lightly scented and I don't have any strong feeling about it. For me it was a solid box. Nothing super amazing, but I like everything I got.

I didn't get my add ons with my box, I've been on hold 9 minutes now. I'm going to cancel too, value just isn't there for me anymore. Sitting on hold for so long isn't helping either.

I didn't get my add ons with my box, I've been on hold 9 minutes now. I'm going to cancel too, value just isn't there for me anymore. Sitting on hold for so long isn't helping either.
I had the body polish as an add on and I didn't get it either. I also got some nail touch up/cleaning/scrape-y tool that I didn't order.  :unsure2:

I'm probably going to cancel next month anyway because I now have more polish than I could ever use. Not that I'll stop buying more, but I'd rather randomly buy pretty colors when I'm in Ulta than have a sub box "for the value".

I'll be lucky to have my box by the end of next week. It's only just now "manifested for export".

Someone explain to me the logic of ground shipping from WA, down to CA, up to Vancouver, then across to Toronto.

I called yesterday to ask them if they could tell me where my box was, since the USPS and Julep tracking were totally different. The CS I got was less than ideal, to be honest.

The girl told me that she was seeing the same thing I was, but that they "made it clear that shipping takes 5-10 business days" so they "have until Friday for it to arrive and it should be there by then." So I said "okay, but your site says you ship on the 27th of the month, which would have been basically 2 weeks ago, which puts at that 10 business days." I basically just wanted her to be slightly sympathetic, and she just kept telling me I should know that it takes 5-10 business days.  That doesnt explain why DHL has said for FOUR DAYS NOW that my box has been 45 minutes away in MD sitting there with USPS while USPS says they havent received it yet.

I called yesterday to ask them if they could tell me where my box was, since the USPS and Julep tracking were totally different. The CS I got was less than ideal, to be honest.

The girl told me that she was seeing the same thing I was, but that they "made it clear that shipping takes 5-10 business days" so they "have until Friday for it to arrive and it should be there by then." So I said "okay, but your site says you ship on the 27th of the month, which would have been basically 2 weeks ago, which puts at that 10 business days." I basically just wanted her to be slightly sympathetic, and she just kept telling me I should know that it takes 5-10 business days.  That doesnt explain why DHL has said for FOUR DAYS NOW that my box has been 45 minutes away in MD sitting there with USPS while USPS says they havent received it yet.
I can't believe that the problems that occur during the "hand-off" from these cheap-a$$ shipping companies and USPS doesn't end up costing the shippers more to replace products that go missing than they save by using them.

I will tell you that more than once, I've had a package go AWOL and then checked one morning to find about 5 days worth of USPS updates and the package is out for delivery.  USPS is partly to blame, too, as they don't seem to understand how closely people follow shipping: things don't always get scanned at every step along the way and their website doesn't always update when something is scanned.  But USPS attitude seems to be that anything with super-cheap postage is at the bottom of their priority list.

Hope it makes it way to you eventually!

I'm getting spooked by their CS issues. I emailed on 7/9 (see previous post in this thread) and still no response. I just called (stupid since they're on PST but still) and left a voicemail asking them to respond to my email and cancel my account and sent a FB message asking the same. I wasn't really bothered by the slower shipping this month since my box still arrived before any of my other monthly subs, but the fact that they sent the wrong item (which happened to be cheaper than the one I paid for!!!) and now aren't responding is worrisome. 

After the experience I've had with Julep this month, I will never go back. Right after our rooms opened in June, I called Julep and cancelled my subscription over the phone with a representative. Yet on the 27th, my bank account was charged for the July box. I was at work, so I emailed them, and received a response that I would hear back in 2-3 days. I told them my account was supposed to be cancelled, and to please release the funds back into my account, and not send me a box.

A few days went by, and bam. I get an email notification that my box has shipped. Again, I email them, and finally get a response saying they cancelled my account. I emailed back to ask if they would refund my money or if the box had already shipped. No response. I checked tracking, and the box was frozen and rerouted back to themselves, yet they refuse to refund my money. I'll be on the phone with them again tomorrow morning to get my refund. The customer service by email is horrible, and my experience over the phone got no results...so we'll see if I get my money back, or if they just keep it for nothing.

After the experience I've had with Julep this month, I will never go back. Right after our rooms opened in June, I called Julep and cancelled my subscription over the phone with a representative. Yet on the 27th, my bank account was charged for the July box. I was at work, so I emailed them, and received a response that I would hear back in 2-3 days. I told them my account was supposed to be cancelled, and to please release the funds back into my account, and not send me a box.

A few days went by, and bam. I get an email notification that my box has shipped. Again, I email them, and finally get a response saying they cancelled my account. I emailed back to ask if they would refund my money or if the box had already shipped. No response. I checked tracking, and the box was frozen and rerouted back to themselves, yet they refuse to refund my money. I'll be on the phone with them again tomorrow morning to get my refund. The customer service by email is horrible, and my experience over the phone got no results...so we'll see if I get my money back, or if they just keep it for nothing.
sorry to hear that. i too cancelled and won't go back. the customer service isn't reachable or responsive - and it's not a way to run a business in my perspective. 

Sorry to hear all this :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's very worrisome that there seems to be increased reports of problems canceling and email response times (which was already bad). An extra few CS reps and some training would go such a long way.

Agreed...a lot of my frustration right now is because I've heard back from them only once, and she completely ignored my request for a refund. I don't see why they should get to keep $20 AND the box. I really need to check to make sure the account is truly cancelled online, since it wasn't last time.

Yeah their CS is not doing so hot right now. I never got a response to my email, voicemail, or FB message, but I got through to them on the phone on Saturday. You could hear all the other phone conversations that were happening in the background and the CS rep had to keep putting the phone down to look stuff up in the system (like four times) so I kept hearing all of that. They are shipping me the missing product, so that is good at least. I also asked them to cancel my account and the rep said she would and then I received a voicemail and email shortly after saying that I still have 2 months prepaid so I have to call back to discuss how to deal with that, which I haven't done yet. I'm not sure how I could possibly have 2 months left since I'm pretty sure my 3-month sub renewed in May or June.  :unsure2:  I just really don't want to deal with them auto-renewing my subscription again without giving much warning. I find it really frustrating that 1) there's nothing on your account page showing when your current subscription expires and when you will be billed again and 2) there's no way to cancel or switch to a different payment schedule without calling CS.

It doesn't help that I also had to deal with Fabletics CS on Saturday too. I just wanted to cancel my account and the CS rep kept reading off all these things I would be "missing out on" if I cancelled until I finally just barked at him to cancel it and be done. I hate phones.

I sat on hold for 30 min twice one day - in the middle of my work day - and was unable to reach them.  If they have that kind of volume then they need to hire people.  And left messages from another time I reached out - only to have them respond 10 days later to my voicemail (after I cancelled when I did reach them).  None of my emails apparently went through either (or so the rep who finally cancelled said).  She just kept saying "we are trying" - it's not an issue of trying; it's an issue of not having enough resources (and I responded as such). 

That is scary and creepy  

Well... finally got my box. And I'm missing a polish: Lissa. The one I was most looking forward to! What's hilarious is that they put in the 3-Addons bonus duo... but forgot my third addon. Oh my hell. 2 weeks late and then this. Ugh.

Tegan, the new red stardust. Anybody else having formula issues? I love the other stardusts because they are easy to apply and mistakes are easily covered up thanks to the texture, but Tegan went on goopy and the brush was strangely fanned out and chewed up (coarse?). Some of the thicker gooped up areas it dried blackish and the whole thing took a while to dry.

And I don't think my nails liked the o2 base coat. Sheared off the tip area. Not sure if that's what I get for being too lazy to remove my polish after 5 days though..,

Back