(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man.  I really like Braiden and Lissa.  Beverly looks like a dupe to at least one other color I have-  maybe Gayle?- so that box seems out for me.  I am CwT so I'm set to get vicki and kelsey. But I feel like I have colors that look like Kelsey too.

I may do CwT and add on Braiden and Lissa.

Can't say as I'm too excited about any of those at first glance. I may end up going Modern Beauty for July!

Wahh. Why only 1 stardust finish? Why all creams? Why are these colors so painfully bland?

I want to be excited for this collection, but not when every damn color is already a dupe for me. In my own style profile I feel like Braiden looks like Zoya London & Dawn looks like NOPI Ladies In The Limelight. & I've been wanting to purchase Zoya Ling for so long & it looks DEAD ON like Linden. So idk, do I really want to gamble this month & get 3 dupes? There's no use in picking another polish profile because none of the other colors stand out to me. & that Body Milk looks awesome, but I had a pretty big B&BW haul last Friday so I have no dire need for another lotion, & I purchased Mint Condition awhile ago so I'm covered on that product for awhile. So MB's outta the question for me. This really is the 1st time I've been compelled to skip...

Looks like a bad month to be getting two boxes. I have that 3 month sub I got for $16 and I have enough jules to get a free box in my other account. I can't skip either one :/

Almost all of the colors look to me like old colors:

Lorenzana=Winter

Tamara=a multitude of colors, including Myriam

Beverly=Trina

Lissa=Ani

Vicki=looks like nothing I have

Kelsey=Cassie

Linden=Annie

Dawn=close to Abbie, but maybe a bit more chartreuse

Braiden=slightly more gunmetal version of Joelle, Coretta, etc.

I'm going to buy Tamara for my bf's mom for her upcoming July birthday, but I think the rest I'm passing on except maybe Vicki. I'll probably do Modern Beauty or Core Classics depending on what's in them and add on the rest.

Definitely not excited by these colors, but the body milk looks enticing and I'd been wanting the pedi creme so it's definitely looking like I'll be applying some of my hoarded jules to the Modern Beauty box this month. I only joined in April so I don't have unlimited skips and I'm definitely not canceling (or "calling to cancel" and hoping they offer me a skip) while I have 6050 jules, so I don't really have much of a choice lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so excited about the body milk but the selections are meh.. I have Jules saved up but not sure if there worth spending on these colors. There's still hope for a bright sparkly add on- I want something that screams summer!!!

I LOVE the beach tonic fragrance (too bad the spray mechanism doesn't work very well...keeps jamming/sticking) so I'll be happy to get a lotion with the same smell!

Skipped June's box so here's hoping July's collection will be a stunner (my birthday month too! woo!).
I couldn't get my beach tonic to spray either so I bought a small travel spray bottle from Target and poured the beach tonic into the travel bottle, and it sprays perfectly.

Nothing is really standing out for me. I didn't even realize that it was the 20th. I'm interested in the lotion but I don't know if it's enough to get a box.

I'm the other way round .. I don't want the lotion. I don't like the smell of the beach tonic (way too strong) and I have far too many unopened lotions already.

(not that I need nail polish either, but .. that's different ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

Braiden looks promising and I also like Lissa and maybe Tamara. Or maybe I should just skip?

I don't need another light ocean blue and worry a bit that Lissa might be more blue than turquoise .. so idk.

I'm in enough of a snarly mood (I yelled at Verizon *a lot* tonight) that I'm seriously tempted to send an email to Julep saying FOR THE LOVE OF EXPANDING MY POLISH COLLECTION, STOP IT WITH THE SAFE COLORS AND CREAMS. Seriously, *one* non-cream? *So* glad I have my Rainbow Honey sub to look forward to. Even if those aren't colors I'll wear (*so* not a fan of pink nail polish, which was what they sent this month), at least they won't be *typical* or the same exact color they've done three times already under a new name.

Definitely not excited by these colors, but the body milk looks enticing and I'd been wanting the pedi creme so it's definitely looking like I'll be applying some of my hoarded jules to the Modern Beauty box this month. I only joined in April so I don't have unlimited skips and I'm definitely not canceling (or "calling to cancel" and hoping they offer me a skip) while I have 6050 jules, so I don't really have much of a choice lol.
Jesus how did you manage to get 6,050 Jules?! That's amazing!

I'm in enough of a snarly mood (I yelled at Verizon *a lot* tonight) that I'm seriously tempted to send an email to Julep saying FOR THE LOVE OF EXPANDING MY POLISH COLLECTION, STOP IT WITH THE SAFE COLORS AND CREAMS. Seriously, *one* non-cream? *So* glad I have my Rainbow Honey sub to look forward to. Even if those aren't colors I'll wear (*so* not a fan of pink nail polish, which was what they sent this month), at least they won't be *typical* or the same exact color they've done three times already under a new name.
Word. Can you tell me how Rainbow Honey works? Is it monthly, bi-monthly, or can you just buy 1 whenever you want to? & is it always a mystery?

Word. Can you tell me how Rainbow Honey works? Is it monthly, bi-monthly, or can you just buy 1 whenever you want to? & is it always a mystery?
You can sign up to get it as a monthly subscription (which is what I do) or order it (at any point in the month, unless it sells out) as a one-off mystery  bag (or if you order more than $65, you get it for free).  Once the bags go out to subscribers at the beginning of the month, then the one-off bags start going out. If you're a subscriber, the contents are a mystery until someone gets it and posts the contents.  The polish contents are the same between the subscription and the one-off bags, so a lot of people wait for the subscribers to post the contents before they decide whether to get a one-off bag, but the non-polish contents can vary (different flavors of lip balm, for example, or a scrub instead of a soap).  I think subscribers have received the same exact things in the same exact scents/flavors for the May and June bags, and the variations have come into play with the one-offs. 

And there are two size options:  Minis (5ml, I think) for $10 or Full-sized (15ml.  And the soaps/fragrance rollerballs have been bigger in the full-sized bags than the mini bags:  4ml vs 12ml for the fragrances, 14g vs 90g for the soaps) for $25.  The full-sized sub has free shipping (it's about $3 for the mini sub, and shipping for the one-off is a little higher).  Oh!  And the full-sized one might have an item or two that the mini doesn't, like a sugar scrub. 

Anyway.  There's more discussion (including the precise contents of the past few bags) over here:  https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/131373-rainbow-honey-mystery-box/

Almost all of the colors look to me like old colors:

Lorenzana=Winter

Tamara=a multitude of colors, including Myriam

Beverly=Trina

Lissa=Ani

Vicki=looks like nothing I have

Kelsey=Cassie

Linden=Annie

Dawn=close to Abbie, but maybe a bit more chartreuse

Braiden=slightly more gunmetal version of Joelle, Coretta, etc.

I'm going to buy Tamara for my bf's mom for her upcoming July birthday, but I think the rest I'm passing on except maybe Vicki. I'll probably do Modern Beauty or Core Classics depending on what's in them and add on the rest.
This is so true - I kept thinking that they are duping their own polishes.  Easy skip this month.    The moisturizer looks nice but I am sure they will have it for sale later.  

Did anyone else notice the Jules for taking the box decreased?  Last month, I got 650 Jules (seems like it's been 750 in the past). 

Back