(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly July is their anniversary month so I am hoping for a good box.
Nope! The anniversary month is August.

Based on the past July boxes, we will probably see one glitter for both Canada and the US (last year's Fireworks) or two different glitters (one just red-and-white, one red-white-and-blue) for the two separate Independence Days (2102:  O Canada and America the Beautiful), and it seems like it has been a bonus item that everyone gets (the Canada/US ones were sent out based on which country you are in, but you could add the other one on if you wanted).  I can't decide whether I'm hoping for one or two glitters.  I'll probably skip, though, unless they have a focus on non-creams again because I am *not* a cream person.  Foils, duochromes, and metallics?  I want them all.  Creams?  *So* boring.

(And their anniversary is in July, but that means the August boxes selected in July.)
That would be so nice if they made new polishes for the US & Canada. Like what if they did different colored glitters in a cream base like indie polishes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I swear I'll laugh my ass off if they give us all America The Beautiful again.

My dream summer collection would be a washed out neon collection - I'd for sure upgrade!
Washed out neon?!? What does that look like? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me I want more stardusts (bring on the textures baby). I swear I should be tired of em by now. I'm also kinda hoping to see some holos...I think Coretta, Reece, & Tin Man are probably the only holos they ever made. But they're making a huge comeback right now (as if they ever left haha). Was really pleased with my June box. Can't wait for Friday!

For me I want more stardusts (bring on the textures baby). I swear I should be tired of em by now. I'm also kinda hoping to see some holos...I think Coretta, Reece, & Tin Man are probably the only holos they ever made. But they're making a huge comeback right now (as if they ever left haha). Was really pleased with my June box. Can't wait for Friday!
There were also Rebel (silver holo) and Ginger (sand holo). I'm not sure how similar Tin Man is to Rebel. They aren't selling Rebel anymore.

One of my all-time favorite collections was last July - the California Coast Collection. It was an awesome mix of creams, shimmers, a cool topcoat and a sea salt finish. In particular, we got Adele, Blakely, Tracy and Angela which are 4 of the best colors I think Julep has ever done. Plus, the sea salt hair spray and the yummy beach tonic body oil came out then too. And didn't we even get some green tea oil blotting papers as the surprise gift that month?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoshanna, Yumi, and Evangeline are Julep holos that I have. Evangeline is one of my fave Juleps ever. It's kind of matte. I'd love more of those, and more Stardusts.

W8.jpg

Shoshanna, Yumi, and Evangeline are Julep holos that I have. Evangeline is one of my fave Juleps ever. It's kind of matte. I'd love more of those, and more Stardusts.

W8.jpg
I love the finish on Evageline and Rebel but I could never keep them on my nails. Chip city.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love for Julep to keep going with the textured polishes and make something than the sea salt/stardust finishes (I'm super fond of the silk finishes despite my dislike of the colors and I'm eyeing the other special effect polishes something fierce), but I'd like them to improve the formula first. I could wear OPI's liquid sand polishes for a week with minimal tip wear, but Julep's stardusts from February plus Tracy all chipped within three days when I wore them. I wore Jennine about two weeks ago and put top coat on some nails but not others to see what happened. The ones with no top coat chipped badly, of course. :\

In general, I'm not sure what I want to see them come up with. The three months of brights are still so recent and they just went darker for June, so who knows what they'll go with for July?

Also, looooooove Julep's holographics. I think Joelle was one of the first polishes I paid full price for and it was so worth it. Gorgeoussssssss. Thank goodness I ordered Rebel during the Red Marker sale since they just stopped selling it!

I did end up just cancelling my Maven account before I even got my first box. I'm really not interested in their non-polish items and I've gotten to use the polish a few times since I got a welcome box last month...just not impressed, especially for the price  :unsure:   I'm also annoyed with the almost-daily emails and Facebook spam to buy their products. 

However I will continue to live vicariously through this thread, stalking for colors I hope I can get on sale eventually! 

I looove the sea salt spray.  Julep's is probably my favorite that I've tried so far- I like it better than toni & guy and marc anthony.  So I wouldnt be sad if they sent that out again.

I love Julep but admittedly the quality is so hit or miss for me in terms of how long it lasts. Like Kam? Lasted over a week with barely any chipping.  Other colors? Chip chip chip, sometimes within a day of them being painted, no matter what kind of base/top coats I use.

One of my all-time favorite collections was last July - the California Coast Collection. It was an awesome mix of creams, shimmers, a cool topcoat and a sea salt finish. In particular, we got Adele, Blakely, Tracy and Angela which are 4 of the best colors I think Julep has ever done. Plus, the sea salt hair spray and the yummy beach tonic body oil came out then too. And didn't we even get some green tea oil blotting papers as the surprise gift that month?
I have Adele and have absolutely no idea how to wear it. Do you use it as a top coat? If so, what colors do you use underneath?

Agreed on Adele. I think it looks great over Angela, Faye, Karen, Joanna and Alaina from

the California collection. Or a cream color.

I agree - I think this was the best collection thus far. I did the full upgrade and loved every single thing in that box. 

I skipped last July but over the past year of mystery boxes and sales I've acquired every polish and product from that collection. EXCEPT for Fireworks. Which I still kind of want. 

What are we counting as holos? Cynthia is also a holo (if we're coungtin Reece), and I would say probably has a strong holo finnish than Ginger :3

I skipped last July, not really my kind of colors.  I wouldn't mind some more textured finishes though, but personally I would wish that they would be bright colors.  I'm just really antsy to see what's in store this month!!! I keep checking the blog but nothing yet.  Hopefully tonight they do a FB spoiler post with one of the profiles.

I just got my June box yesterday!!!

Luckily, I love the colours I picked so for now I'm happy with the customization.

Sneak peek today, I suppose?

Latest posts

Back