(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep is answering questions on FB and it looks like neither of these will be in the non-MB boxes? They said they will be in MB or available as add-ons.  So, I guess another product will come out too?
Interesting!  I would guess another lip related item, since all of them last month were for eyes?  But they have made weirder decisions before so who knows!

I have a lip balm they made before, the Julep Daylight Defense SPF 15 Lip Balm, and I absolutely loved it. I didn't think it'd be all that great, but it's my very favorite lip balm I've ever tried! Of course, it's almost out now, so I'm hoping this new stuff is as good...

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone see the Oscar bag with polish promo. I think its promo code EVERYBODY

http://www.julep.com/red-carpet-ready/everybody-wins-holly-would.html

Yeah, both those polishes look like Zoyas I already own from the fall Satins collection. (Green = Giovanna and Purple/Pink = Mason)

I also already have Oscar. Julep is tempting me less and less these days.

Yeah, both those polishes look like Zoyas I already own from the fall Satins collection. (Green = Giovanna and Purple/Pink = Mason) I also already have Oscar. Julep is tempting me less and less these days.
I'm a newer Maven & I'm not even impressed with their gift sets & "deals." But it seems to me that all these new gimmicks are out to appeal to the newer Mavens & I think that's kinda careless of them. Like if you really wanna make money show some love to your longtime supporters, you know?

Julep is answering questions on FB and it looks like neither of these will be in the non-MB boxes? They said they will be in MB or available as add-ons.  So, I guess another product will come out too? 
HA. Watch it be that Surprise! lip gloss they came out with in the Secret Store this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HA. Watch it be that Surprise! lip gloss they came out with in the Secret Store this month.
Dear God, I hope not.  That would be so annoying to not get a 'new' product. I feel like they really need to step it up from now until May to keep mavens on the fence about the plie wands interested. 

A while back when they sent out those surveys I know they asked about mascara, blush, and I can't remember the others.  I guess I would sort of expect to see at least one of those products in the coming months now that they've had some time to formulate a product.  I still have little interest in seeing more makeup from them though.  I really wish they would just stay with nail/body/skincare type products but I still like the polishes enough to stick around lol.

Dear God, I hope not.  That would be so annoying to not get a 'new' product. I feel like they really need to step it up from now until May to keep mavens on the fence about the plie wands interested. 

A while back when they sent out those surveys I know they asked about mascara, blush, and I can't remember the others.  I guess I would sort of expect to see at least one of those products in the coming months now that they've had some time to formulate a product.  I still have little interest in seeing more makeup from them though.  I really wish they would just stay with nail/body/skincare type products but I still like the polishes enough to stick around lol.
I do too! I really like their nail, body, and skincare items, but I've always been a bit meh on their makeup.

Agreed.  Looking back, my favourite products have been the beach tonic body oil spray (even though the nozzle plugged up a bit), their Bare Face cleansing oil, and their green tea blotting sheets.

For their make up so far, the 'new' lip gloss isn't anything special, the kojal eyeliner is pretty decent (but didn't have too much staying power on me), and I couldn't believe how teeny February's eye sheen was!  The box it was in made it seem like a decent size and then it was a disappointment when I opened up the box.

Curious to see what the feature product is this month. Only 2 more days to wait!

I can't believe it's almost time for the March selection window! it came up quickly.. I got IT girl last month because I just haven't been into the make up products. I'm another person who prefers the lotions etc

I love Julep's strawberry mint lip balm and have been doing my best to keep it alive since I got it last April or June, so I'm not opposed to more lip products from them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good to know I can go MB if I decide I don't want any of the polish.

Dear God, I hope not.  That would be so annoying to not get a 'new' product. I feel like they really need to step it up from now until May to keep mavens on the fence about the plie wands interested.  A while back when they sent out those surveys I know they asked about mascara, blush, and I can't remember the others.  I guess I would sort of expect to see at least one of those products in the coming months now that they've had some time to formulate a product.  I still have little interest in seeing more makeup from them though.  I really wish they would just stay with nail/body/skincare type products but I still like the polishes enough to stick around lol.
Well they did that with the quick dry drops in January, & they only put the new product [Vanish] in the MB box. Which leads me to ask...why does Julep bother to put the new product teasers on their blog if they don't actually come in all the boxes, & unless you choose MB you have to get them as add-ons?

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know how long the free polish code for taking 3 Maven boxes last?  I don't see an expiration date of any kind.  TIA
I got my code in January (Jan was my 3rd month) and my code is valid until the end of March. But I would call them if I were you because their policy for redeeming those might have changed since they changed the whole "non-skip" thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if out of the blue they gave everyone with those coupons a 2 week notice for redemption because they decide to do away with that program entirely hahaha 

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know how long the free polish code for taking 3 Maven boxes last?  I don't see an expiration date of any kind.  TIA
I got my code in January (Jan was my 3rd month) and my code is valid until the end of March. But I would call them if I were you because their policy for redeeming those might have changed since they changed the whole "non-skip" thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if out of the blue they gave everyone with those coupons a 2 week notice for redemption because they decide to do away with that program entirely hahaha 

@LuckyMoon take a look at that almost too tiny to read print at the bottom of the email - I got my email on 1/28, and the tiny print on the bottom says:

The promotional code above will expire on July 31, 2014. Promotional code is valid for any polish on julep.com up to $11.20 (Maven exclusive price) and may only be used towards one, regardless of price. To redeem your free polish, please log in to your Maven account and apply your promo code at checkout.

Arghhh why does Julep take so long to ship?? I got a shipping email almost immediately after placing my order, which was shocking and made me very happy, but tracking says it won't reach me for 11 days from now! 11 days! Is it just me or is that a crazy long time?

Also, I am really bummed b/c I somehow thought you earned jules for purchases and I was thinking this would bring me up to 2000 to get my next box free... But sadly, no.
sadno.gif

I personally loved the lipgloss I got in my welcome box, but that is the only Julep lip product I've tried so far. I am a lip gloss addict, though... I have about 4-5 in my purse right now and a few in my desk drawer at work!

All gone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Original:

Girls, I'm about 95% sure I am not going to use this 50% coupon I have that expires on Feb 28. Whoever PMs me first is welcome to it!

Product spoiler is up on juleps blog. Not too exciting but I don't hate it.
I hope this doesn't mean they are getting rid of last year's lip scrub!! I love that stuff.

Wow, even though February has been, like, four weeks long already, I can't believe it's almost the 20th already!  I keep thinking it's more like the 10th even though I *know* today is the 18th (kid brother's birthday).  I think I already threw in a vote for non-creams, but I'll add an additional anti-glitter vote because I'm getting really, *really* bored with glitter.  The Stardust finish is fine.  I'm talking things like whatever the gold glitter was in the It Girl box this month.  Diamond Theory, maybe?  And the birthstone glitters.  Meh.  They just seem to *predictable* that I just can't bring myself to care about them.  Duochromes, holos, metallics, frosts, maybe a satin (it seems like those are subtly shimmery) -- anything buy creams and glitters.  On the other hand, if it's a collection heavy on the delicate feminine creams, that *will* save me some money.  Except I have enough points for a free box.  Hmm.  I'm not sure what I'm wishing for!  An orange-white-and-green microglitter for St. Patrick's Day would be amazing.  But definitely funky colors and finishes, please.  Give some love to the superadventurous people! 

Latest posts

Back