SquareHue: September 2014 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The new teaser photo is up on SqH's Facebook page -- we're going to Sydney for September!  I see a yellow or gold (sigh... again), a russet or reddish-brown, and a dark brown.  Those colors look very fall-like so I'm going to get them.  Fall is my favorite season of the year.

I got a very strong sense of copper from the picture. Rose-gold is very popular right now, too, so maybe that.

I am going to skip September/Sydney...I'm just not feeling the colors in the spoiler but I can't wait to see what you all get! 

So, want to make a guess about finishes?  I'm hoping there's a dark brown shimmer since I have enough dark brown cremes.  The copper... maybe a glitter or foil?  Please tell me there won't be a taxi cab yellow creme -- why does SqH do so many yellows?  Hope I'm wrong and there's no yellow at all in the September box.

There is a link on My Subscription Addiction to get next months box for only $5 (box is free just pay shipping). That is too good to pass up, so hoping for some great fall colors!!

Just got the notice that my September box shipped!  I wish I'd get it Saturday but since I'm all the way across the country I don't really expect it until after Labor Day.

Just got the notice that my September box shipped!  I wish I'd get it Saturday but since I'm all the way across the country I don't really expect it until after Labor Day.
Same here. I'm secretly hoping for Saturday as well, but think Tuesday is more realistic.

Oh oh oh!  Mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY!  I am seriously tempted to stay home and wait for it to arrive before running errands, but I really need to get cracking on the running around *now* (Jeffrey wants to go to City Liquidators, and I haven't been there in years, so I know that's going to be a *huge* timesuck all by itself!) so I have plenty of day left afterwards.

If anyone is interested, My Subscription Addition has spoilers up for the Sydney box and if you skipped this month and want it from the spoiler, you can un-pause your sub today and still get the Sept. box. 

Oh oh oh!  Mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY!  I am seriously tempted to stay home and wait for it to arrive before running errands, but I really need to get cracking on the running around *now* (Jeffrey wants to go to City Liquidators, and I haven't been there in years, so I know that's going to be a *huge* timesuck all by itself!) so I have plenty of day left afterwards.
EEEEEEKKKKKK! Mine's out for delivery today too!! I just cheated and looked at the spoilers, and this month's collection has "taping mani" written all over it. Now I want to do that as I was planning on changing out my polish today. Hurry up Postal Person! *bounces*

P.S. I really miss the impatient bouncing smiley.

Darn, being out west, my box isn't scheduled for delivery 'til Tuesday.  Being the impatient sort, I'm going to look at the spoiler.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit, discussion of colors, spoiler: 

While I think the colors look very fall-like, I would have liked to have seen something different with at least one of the finishes, like a holo.  From the preview picture, I was expecting a yellow or a gold but don't understand SquareHue's obsession with yellows.  Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine. Looking at the spoiler, I thought I'd be neutral on the colors. But now that I have them in hand and tried them out, I'm really liking them. Indian corn would be the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the three colors together on my nails.

They are really good fall colors. Now to decide which one I want to use this week...

I HAVE MINE, I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM, OMGZORZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the slight enthusiasm. Okay, I'm not sorry!!! Pics in the spoiler tag below:

From left to right: King Street, Crown Street, Oxford Street

Tape mani! (with IG watermark since I'm too lazy to upload the same pic two different ways twice)

I'm impressed with this collection. Both Crown Street and Oxford Street are shimmers that are noticeable on the nail, and compliment King Street nicely. The formula this month is like butter, I only needed one coat of King Street to be opaque.  While I don't understand SH's obsession with yellows, this one reminds me of metal.

I like these colors a lot more than I thought I would based on the previews.  I don't think I'm going to un-pause my account this month, but they did a really good fall collection this month! That orange (Crown Street) is gorgeous! Glad to hear also that the formulas are great!

Thanks for telling us about the formulas.  I'm really looking forward to getting my box Tuesday, and I'm OK with the gold -- don't think I have one quite that shade.  I love fall & fall colors!!

This month's collection really reminds me of last August's collection!  Spoiler because I have problems with resizing in Photobucket:

F7BA4B8E-D3D7-4867-893B-D9667ABEE3DF_zpstx6jhdqe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This month's collection really reminds me of last August's collection!  Spoiler because I have problems with resizing in Photobucket:

F7BA4B8E-D3D7-4867-893B-D9667ABEE3DF_zpstx6jhdqe.jpg
I didn't get that at all between the two collections, because I think this month's colors are more muted and have a "burnt leaves" feel to them. When I get a chance, I'll have to take some comparison photos of the two collections.

The bf made the comment that the red creme this month looked brown, and depending on the light it's either a dark brick red or a brownish red. Wait, oxblood is the correct term, right? (I've never understood the whole craze with the term "oxblood")

Comparison shot time! While the Sydney and Endless Summer collections are similar, they're quite different when you put them next to each other. Pics under spoilers below.

First up, the Endless Summer group shot. Sydney's is a few posts up in this thread:

Next, King Street and Scorched Summer. King Street is actually closer to Buckingham from the London box, but Buckingham leans darker red-burgandy and King Street is more of a brown-red.

Next, Crown Street and Surf Gypsy. Surf Gypsy has a definite berry color to it and has fine holo dust.

And lastly, Oxford Street and Bikini Beach:

I hope this helps everyone!

Latest posts

Back