Stage make up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masque

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Years ago I was in a local ballet company and when we did the performances we had to use the heavier than normal stage make up. It took some time to get it on, and longer to get it off. I remember it would take about an hour to removed it all. Lots of Noxzema and soap and followed by a face cream to make it soft and natural again.

I'm wondering do any of you use stage make up for portions of your life, and what is the latest way to remove it?

Years ago I was in a local ballet company and when we did the performances we had to use the heavier than normal stage make up. It took some time to get it on, and longer to get it off. I remember it would take about an hour to removed it all. Lots of Noxzema and soap and followed by a face cream to make it soft and natural again.

I'm wondering do any of you use stage make up for portions of your life, and what is the latest way to remove it?

The best way is to remove these types of make-ups is to use hot towels.

Just soak a face towel, gently wring out some of the excess and put it in the microwave and heat on high in 10 second intervals, between each interval, rotate and flip the towel, this way you'll avoid hot spots and cause a fire.

Place the heated wet towel on your face and hold for about 10 seconds and gently wipe and remove the make-up.

For best results prepare at least 8 - 10 rolled face towels in advance. Pour water on the rolled towel just to saturate it before you reheat it in the microwave.

We use towel warmers in the make-up trailer, which can hold up to 20 rolled face towels and keep it on all day. You can get towel warmers on Amazon. Also towel warmers are a lot safer and easier to use than a microwave!

Latest posts

Back