Starlooks August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Psquared they've mentioned they're redoing the loyalty rewards program, so we might not be getting a code or anything like that now.

But technically yes, I believe this should be loyalty reward month.

@@Psquared they've mentioned they're redoing the loyalty rewards program, so we might not be getting a code or anything like that now.

But technically yes, I believe this should be loyalty reward month.
thanks for letting me @@ChullBird I totally missed that!!

I guess we will see what happens this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wonder if they will do nothing at all or give us something as a transition period to their new program...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is our loyalty reward this month or next? Just curious because I want to unsub right after the next reward and hoping its this month!
It sounded like it was only for the first half of the year and not happening anymore. I don't know if anyone knows for sure, though.

I talked to them on the phone last month because I was curious about their birthday boxes (July was my birthday so of course they'd stop birthday boxes in JULY!!!)

They are changing over to a points system this month.  Info about it will be in our August boxes.  We will get points for our birthday month, for referrals, for things we purchase, & as part of the loyalty program.  We can use these points to buy what we want from the website.  I don't know specific details like how many points we get for what or how many points equal $1, but they are going to a point system.  

Part of me is nervous because point systems can be fabulous (go Birchbox!) or awful (Ipsy anyone?) so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  However, Starlooks has some of the best customer service out there & they really listen to their customers so I'm hoping the point system is a good thing.  We'll have to wait for our boxes to see what it's all about.

Is anyone going to take advantage of the mystery sale or have you in the past?  It looks like each mystery item is only $8...

So, I cancelled before this month (even though I do love Starlooks, I just couldn't afford to keep it right now) and won't be getting this box. I just realized I cancelled in July last year as well...I must always just be broke at the end of July LOL

I do think that lashes may be coming based on the pics and the description. I think they hinted to @@Psquared about maybe getting a black liquid liner soon, so I think this could be the month for it.

I won't mind missing out on those, but I will be a bit bummed about missing out on a blush! I have never tried Starlooks powder blushes, I have two cream ones and the HD Fluid, but no powder!

I can't wait till I can restart my subscription!

I bought 2 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and, if we do get a black liquid liner or lashes, those suckers will be up for trade , faster than I can yell "please every sub box stop sending us those!!"

Is anyone going to take advantage of the mystery sale or have you in the past?  It looks like each mystery item is only $8...
I still have my last loyalty code and I dont think theres anything i want specifically so i might just get all mystery items.

So, I've looked around online, and I'm loving this sub. Getting full sized items over these tiny little Ipsy baubles I've been getting sounds amazing

Have any of you guys ever gotten a "dud" box? From what I've seen in blog reviews for the Starbox, all the items look great. Just trying to get some footing before I decide if I really want to subscribe.

So, I've looked around online, and I'm loving this sub. Getting full sized items over these tiny little Ipsy baubles I've been getting sounds amazing

Have any of you guys ever gotten a "dud" box? From what I've seen in blog reviews for the Starbox, all the items look great. Just trying to get some footing before I decide if I really want to subscribe.
For me, it was march.  Because it was so uninspired - red lipstick, red lipliner and black eyeliner.  And it was curated by a vlogger!!  lol

my favorite months were january and april

starlooks does push me out of my normal neutral boundaries - - lol - so I do appreciate a bright colored lipstick and eyeliner.   

Agreed with Biancardi. March was a dud for me. Although as it happens, I did LOVE the cedar cherry liner from that box. I don't think I've received a single box where I didn't love at least one thing. I don't mean like, I mean love. Then again I think their cosmetics are awesome. They have completely amazing customer service, just be mindful that the "swatches" on their website aren't always accurate. You can, however, shoot them an email and they will be happy to actually swatch it for you.

I'm a neutral (at least on my eyes) kinda girl. This sub consistently pushes me out of my comfort zone. With that being said, my makeup applying skills have improved drastically, because now I want to get creative.

plus they send out an email with each sub letting you know how to use the products in that month's box (and incorporate previous month's items as well!)

It sounds so good! I'm definitely applying. Just have to wait until tomorrow. Not within my budget to get charged this month!

It'll be so nice to get full sized products, especially of a consistent quality. I'd never actually heard of Starlooks before, but from what I've researched, they're quite commended.

Back