Starlooks August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC327

Jay
Reaction score
I cant believe its already August! What are we all hoping to see in our August boxes?

ETA: Looks like the theme is Welcome to the Doll House here is the link for the August look book:http://looksbook.starlooks.com/#968 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really kind of disappointed they didn't make the blonde's brows more bold. 

With that being said, I don't think this is a very exciting look book, and I hope they don't send a black liner. But I sure hope @@sarahtyler is right about blush being in our future. I want all the blushes. A non cream blush will make me a very happy girl!

I am thinking blush, lipgloss and black and white eyeliner....I donna want false eyelashes!!

StarlooksLooksbook4.pngStarlooksLooksbook3.pngStarlooksLooksbook2.pngStarlooksLooksbook1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as BOLD as the neon from last month, which is what I expected. I like how they still did some fun looks with neutral colors. I'm hopeful for blush and I personally haven't tried their liquid liner yet so I wouldn't mind that at all. False lashes would be a "meh" but not unwelcome as I do use them from time to time (would totally fit their Dollhouse theme). I'm wondering if we get a nude or light pink lip gloss. Either way, yay August!

Even though I started subbing in December of last year I still feel like a Starlooks newbie sometimes because I haven't tried some of their basic things like mascara, black eyeliners, liquid liners, eyelashes etc. So for me, for the sake of trying all their products, I am pretty open minded. I was wondering if this month would be the customization month launch....I think that would make a lot of people happy. A Neutral month is a good month to do it too! Less box envy that way.

Even though I started subbing in December of last year I still feel like a Starlooks newbie sometimes because I haven't tried some of their basic things like mascara, black eyeliners, liquid liners, eyelashes etc. So for me, for the sake of trying all their products, I am pretty open minded. I was wondering if this month would be the customization month launch....I think that would make a lot of people happy. A Neutral month is a good month to do it too! Less box envy that way.
I would love to try their liquid black eyeliner.  I wouldn't be upset over mascara.   I just don't wear false eyelashes and there is a nasty rumor that ipsy is going to put falsies in the august bag & it would be just my luck - lol

I am fine with a white eyeliner, a black liquid eyeliner, blush, lipgloss.  That would make me happy.

I would LOVE white eyeliner. Talk about the best base for colored eye shadows/pigments! *I am crazy into indie loose shadows right now and white bases are totally my best friend for dramatic colors*

Hooray for blush!!! Starlooks is my favorite blush formula!!! Fingers crossed we get some.

I don't know if they'd do a black & a white eyeliner in one box. They already did that last June so I can't imagine them doing both in the same box again. However, having said that, I love the pen liner!!! It's my favorite.

I can't wait to see what all we get. I'm kind of glad it's a more subdued month. I loved the bright colors from last month, but I love how Starlooks changes it up each month. Something different than the month before!

I hope that there will be blush! I especially would like one of their powder blushes! Anything else in the box would be a bonus at that point. I would love a light highlighting powder too, but since they gave us the cream blush that could be used in a similar way a little while ago, that probably will not be happening. It would be amazing if there was a brush.

I hope that there will be blush! I especially would like one of their powder blushes! Anything else in the box would be a bonus at that point. I would love a light highlighting powder too, but since they gave us the cream blush that could be used in a similar way a little while ago, that probably will not be happening. It would be amazing if there was a brush.
they also gave us that HUGE container of highlighting powder a few months ago - it came in light and bronze.  I got the light version.

I dont love the lookbook and really do not want false eyelashes. I never tried their mascara so I would not mind and I really would looooooooooooove powder blush like the rest of you gals.

I did order their liquid eyeliner pen (the one we did not ever get in their past box) with my 50% order and I really like it. I would not mind getting another one since its a staple.

Ahh, I have a bad feeling we may get the gloss that is on their lips...oy! not a fan of that whatsoever.

I am excited no matter what it is!  LIke most of you, I would LOVE some blush -- mine is a tiny little loose lump in the bottom of the container that I keep pushing around with the brush, hoping to get some!  Happy day if we get blush.  Could definitely live without the fake lashes, but the rest of it seems interesting.  Want to try new stuff, want to try new stuff (I just keep repeating that LOL).

Is our loyalty reward this month or next? Just curious because I want to unsub right after the next reward and hoping its this month!

Latest posts

Back