Starlooks June 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That brush looks like a double ended brush.  Is there a smaller brush on the other end.  I'd totally go for something like that!

I'll take a brush, pigment, lip primer. . . . send me all the goodies!

Hi! Im currently considering getting this box. Would you say it's worth it? For me, since shipping is 12.50$ internationally it will be 27$ a month. Still worth? 

Hi! Im currently considering getting this box. Would you say it's worth it? For me, since shipping is 12.50$ internationally it will be 27$ a month. Still worth? 
At worst, you will get maybe 1 1/2 times the worth of the box at 27.00 a month.  However, I've seen the price point be much higher in other months.

I like this box so far, but they do have misses....Like, I am not overly thrilled with the pigment choices here with this month - red, yellow and orange?  Not too sure about that - I am not into sunset colors on my eyelids - lol.

Depending on what the other items are this month, this could be the worst one for me.  I hope they pull it on home with a great brush and another more useful product.

I personally love Starlooks.  Each box has a retail value of $35 or more so even at $27 you're getting a deal.  I do feel like some of their stuff is over priced, but some things are SO cheap for the quality (aka eyeliners & tender glosses!!!!) too.  Then when you add the free birthday box on your birthday month & the free loyalty gifts (worth $35) every 3 months.  It's totally worth it to me.  You might want to order a previous box first & check out the products to see if you like them.  In my book I say do it & if you don't like it, just cancel.  

But really truly it's one of my favorite subs.  I love their make up.

yeah the free birthday box and the loyalty gifts are a major perk too.   I also love their makeup as well - I didn't mean to sound like debbie downer in my previous post!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm feeling to old for Starlooks now (no offense to anyone the same age as me who loves this box). I'm 38, a sahm, farmer's wife, and wear makeup every day but nothing too adventurous . I wasn't thrilled with the sparkly powder last month, I'll never use it, the box before that by the youtube woman with the bright red lip was blah for me...and I'm not thrilled with the idea of a yellow or red pigment this month. I'm not sure how many more months I'm gonna stay subbed. I LOVE some of the products, I just feel like maybe I've outgrown this sub which is sad because it used to be one of my faves.  :unsure:

I'll be 38 in a few months and I canceled my sub for two weeks then came back. I have so much in my arsenal of "war paint", that I really shouldn't have any subs right now. I think I'll hold for my bday box then cancel. I'm not too big on bright colors and shimmery makeup myself.

I think I'm feeling to old for Starlooks now (no offense to anyone the same age as me who loves this box). I'm 38, a sahm, farmer's wife, and wear makeup every day but nothing too adventurous . I wasn't thrilled with the sparkly powder last month, I'll never use it, the box before that by the youtube woman with the bright red lip was blah for me...and I'm not thrilled with the idea of a yellow or red pigment this month. I'm not sure how many more months I'm gonna stay subbed. I LOVE some of the products, I just feel like maybe I've outgrown this sub which is sad because it used to be one of my faves.  :unsure:
I am a lot older than you and whereas there are some hits during the year, I happen to love starlooks!    I am not thrilled with a yellow or red pigment either, but I am hoping that the rest of the box makes up for that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yesterday they said they were preparing to ship our boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I just saw on their site they are selling foundation samples, up to five for $5...I hope they are packaged better than the free ones they did, one of mine was dried out when I got it and one of my concealers dried up within a few days.

I just ordered some foundation samples.  I've been wanting to try them since I love all their make-up so much, but didn't want a full size only to get the wrong shade/type.  This is a good idea on their part.  I hope they're good sized samples & I really hope I like them because they're a whole lot cheaper than what I'm currently using.

I just got my shipping email!! I'm never one of the first to get tracking...I rarely ever even get a shipping notice. There is no movement or anything, but I'm happy to just have one.

I also got my shipping email!   I hope I get it this weekend, but most likely it will be next week

I got mine too. . . It took me a second because I've made 2 orders this week already that have shipped (within hours of ordering).  I got a 3rd shipment notification & thought, "Wait?  What did I order?  I already have 2 boxes coming!"  ha ha ha.  Then I saw your guys' responses & HELLO!!!  It's Starlooks shipping week.  Wahoo!

What's it going to be ladies?  I think we've all concluded it's going to be a red or yellow pigment, but what else????

I think we are a bit stumped! I think a lot of surprises are coming our way, because I have no clue what to expect!

I LOVE Marci at Starlooks/ Starbox, and I was a charter subscriber for 6 months or so

. A few months ago, I did a total makeover of my makeup. Threw out everything I hadn't used and organized it in professional bins in the makeup room of my vanity space. 

Astonishingly, every piece of Starbox makeup was a " discard". Never used, colors that would look either way too pale or very garish on most people..

Have they changed their boxes any to be more mainstream user friendly? I really felt that the subscribers were getting : leftovers" most of the time, and I hate to say that, but the colors I received bore that out for me, at least, and I wear a variety of colors and looks. I've also looked at some other brand subs and see that Starlooks products are going into a lot of other brand sub boxes lately. Hmm.

I know we are all different, and I think the box is a great value for people who want purple glitter and little rhinestones, and a shadow palette of almost white shadows, but except for a couple of glosses and lipsticks, nothing really seemed to be " wearable". I kept all I could, but it wasn't much out of a lot of makeup.

Also, they have or did have a VERY GOOD hair product line which they developed and sold but it never got much attention.. I'd be interested in a box of their hair products in travel size as an optional purchase box.

I LOVE Marci at Starlooks/ Starbox, and I was a charter subscriber for 6 months or so

. A few months ago, I did a total makeover of my makeup. Threw out everything I hadn't used and organized it in professional bins in the makeup room of my vanity space. 

Astonishingly, every piece of Starbox makeup was a " discard". Never used, colors that would look either way too pale or very garish on most people..

Have they changed their boxes any to be more mainstream user friendly? I really felt that the subscribers were getting : leftovers" most of the time, and I hate to say that, but the colors I received bore that out for me, at least, and I wear a variety of colors and looks. I've also looked at some other brand subs and see that Starlooks products are going into a lot of other brand sub boxes lately. Hmm.

I know we are all different, and I think the box is a great value for people who want purple glitter and little rhinestones, and a shadow palette of almost white shadows, but except for a couple of glosses and lipsticks, nothing really seemed to be " wearable". I kept all I could, but it wasn't much out of a lot of makeup.

Also, they have or did have a VERY GOOD hair product line which they developed and sold but it never got much attention.. I'd be interested in a box of their hair products in travel size as an optional purchase box.
I've been wanting to try their hair products.  Did you try them?  They look really great, but I can't justify that price without trying them first.  I'd love it if they added them to their boxes every now & again.

I think the boxes are touch & go.  I actually wear almost everything they send, but I'm pretty adventurous.  I'm really in it for the blushes, lip products, & eyeliners which stay on me unlike any other brand.  I have enjoyed the last few eyeshadow palettes we've received (even though their eye shadows are my least favorite products from them) especially the one we got 2 months ago.  I use it almost every day (it had a beautiful spring green, burgundy, coppery shimmer, champagne, & olive green).  I wasn't thrilled with the bright red/orange lipstick we got in our March boxes, but lo & behold I find myself reaching for that color ALL THE TIME.  I think Starlooks has gotten me out of my comfort zone & taught me how to use anything.  Our last box had one of their skin care products in it which was a first & I really liked that.  (Make up remover).  So yes, the boxes are touch & go, but I've liked more than I've hated.  And I love their new loyalty gift (free $35 worth of products of your choice) every 3 months you subscribe.  I've found some holy grail items for myself with those loyalty codes.

So I think it's all about what you will or won't use.  I know a lot of people who don't care for Starlooks boxes at all & don't use what they get, but as for me, it works for now & I'm enjoying it.  :)

I got my shipping email 2 days ago thought it was for my lotalty reward but after checking my account it's for this months starbox!!

Still thinking we are getting the liquid eyeliner pen lol I won't give up on this thought lol!

I'm sorry, but I have never gotten a white shadow palette, purple glitter or little rhinestones.  It is kind  of insulting to state that, when all you have to do is look at all of the months and see that is not the norm for this subscription. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back