Starlooks June 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What color is that lipstick?

I got the long wear in forever, and it was not at all what I expected.

Mine is in "Limitless" . I looked on the card inside my box and on the lipstick it's self just to be sure. hmm. 

so jealous!! I wanted forever - that is the deep plum color, yes? Does your card state forever? They must have sent out some variations then.

I think i even mentioned it here with this pic that is on starlooks FB

forever.starlooks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually purchased Forever based on that instagram photo and it is DEFINITELY more brown-raisin colored than purple.  Honestly it's in my trash pile this month with my empties.  I just can't get the texture of Forever to look right now matter how I try to apply it.  

Here is a pic of Boss (L) swatched next to Forever ( R), just so you gals can get an idea of how my lighting and camera skew the color compared to yours: 

swatch.jpg

I actually purchased Forever based on that instagram photo and it is DEFINITELY more brown-raisin colored than purple.  Honestly it's in my trash pile this month with my empties.  I just can't get the texture of Forever to look right now matter how I try to apply it.  

Here is a pic of Boss swatched next to Forever, just so you gals can get an idea of how my lighting and camera skew the color compared to yours:
oh - thank you for that. I was going to purchase forever, but if it isn't like the color in the FB photo, I will pass

oh - thank you for that. I was going to purchase forever, but if it isn't like the color in the FB photo, I will pass
 It really isn't anything like it!! I was so mad when I opened it. They cross-posted that pic to FB and Insta and I saw it on Insta and commented asking what lip products the model was wearing.  They commented back answering that it was Forever and her eye makeup was from the Dec palette.  I bought it like 5 minutes later.  There is NO WAY that she isn't wearing another color lipliner or gloss.  Maybe they put a purple from that eyeshadow palette over it? Or maybe they just messed with the filters and I should have known better.   I love Starlooks but it is so hit and miss! 

swatch2.jpg

I actually have a great plummy lipstick...

it is by mary kay (gasp) but it is really nice - I bought it off ebay

Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Mystic Plum

marykay-plumz.jpg

watches:  Mystic Plum on the left, Crushed Plum on the right

marykay-withflash.jpg

Mystic Plum with Crushed Plum on top – with flash

I did want the starlooks one (but it isn't that color -sigh) because it was darker. 

I'm so sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just bought Sun with my loyalty points.... I was afraid it was going to be Sun when I saw the picks... I'm excited about the other two items so  I will just have to give away the new Sun eyeliner. It is a great product, I just wish I wouldn't have such bad luck, especially when there had been a couple other colours I would have bought if I would have known. Oh well, C'est la vie!!! Someone is gonna get a gift!!!

I'm so sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just bought Sun with my loyalty points.... I was afraid it was going to be Sun when I saw the picks... I'm excited about the other two items so  I will just have to give away the new Sun eyeliner. It is a great product, I just wish I wouldn't have such bad luck, especially when there had been a couple other colours I would have bought if I would have known. Oh well, C'est la vie!!! Someone is gonna get a gift!!!
I had mentioned this before on other starlooks threads, but if you call them and ask if your items are going to be in an upcoming box within the next few months, they will tell you.

just for future reference.

For those who got their boxes, does it state that there is more than one color lipstick being given since we seen two so far... ??

I love the box tho I didnt receive mine.. however, I am horrible with cream blush, I can never put it on correctly.. if anyone has tricks, please share!!

no, it didn't mention that at all @@Psquared

I avoided cream blushes for years because I didn't know how to use them.   Because of this forum, I discovered two items that helped

the beauty blender

stipple brush

I actually like my stipple brush better than using the beauty blender, but both work well!

no, it didn't mention that at all @@Psquared

I avoided cream blushes for years because I didn't know how to use them.   Because of this forum, I discovered two items that helped

the beauty blender

stipple brush

I actually like my stipple brush better than using the beauty blender, but both work well!
thanks @biancardi.. I am going to look into purchasing a stipple brush!

this blush, btw, is a highlighter.  I use my fingers to apply this one.   I found this looked really nice with Stila's Peony cream blush

@biancardi.. great to know! I will attempt to use my fingers again with this box!!

i am not sure if I will look into subbing for the hair products, I am pretty happy with my current brand.

has anyone got the June email yet?
Nope, I haven't received it yet.

I did have fun using some of this month's items and deciding to use only Starlooks products...aside from foundation...today! It was fun. The eye product from this month looks nice with the colors from the April palette :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Kelli  I used their brow product (I bought it on ebay) that was from last year- it is a neutral palette

I used the dark brown in the crease, the medium taupe in the center.  Then I took a bronze eyeliner to eye line my upper and water line.  I then used the gold to line above that (like the Scarlett picture)

I used Stila's peony cream blush and then the fallen angel as a highlighter.  I just dabbed the lipstick on and touched up with a clear gloss.

Back