Starlooks June 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i just called them to get my code and after a long debate on explaining which eye liner felt tip pen I wanted, the starlooks girl informed me that they do not do duplicate items in the boxes and I should go ahead and get it with my code.

Though, the fact that she kept asking me which one I exactly wanted (http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/eye-liner-pen), I have a weird feeling that we may get the Liquid Eye Pen since it is similar but not the same so not a duplicate (http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/liquid-eye-liner).

Last edited by a moderator:
So i just called them to get my code and after a long debate on explaining which eye liner felt tip pen I wanted, the starlooks girl informed me that they do not do duplicate items in the boxes and I should go ahead and get it with my code.

Though, the fact that she kept asking me which one I exactly wanted (http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/eye-liner-pen), I have a weird feeling that we may get the Liquid Eye Pen since it is similar but not the same so not a duplicate (http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/liquid-eye-liner).
Oh my! I had not even bothered checking out the liquid eye liner since I figured they only have black...but there are blue, green and brown, too!! I'm sure if they come in a box it'll be the black, but now I am so gonna have to consider getting the blue or green!

Not sure yet how i feel about the lookbook, not super loving it besides the lip color which seems nice. The eyeshadows make me think of the Nov. '13 starbox!

Not sure yet how i feel about the lookbook, not super loving it besides the lip color which seems nice. The eyeshadows make me think of the Nov. '13 starbox!
Based on last month's lookbook, they seem to be incorporating past versions in their looks, so I am ignoring the eyeshadows now if they are similar to recent items sent out. I could be totally off base with this, but last month used 2 eyeshadow palettes from past months..

So, look at those lips - could we be getting a lip primer or concealer? Perhaps an eyeliner (we are overdue for one)...

Based on last month's lookbook, they seem to be incorporating past versions in their looks, so I am ignoring the eyeshadows now if they are similar to recent items sent out. I could be totally off base with this, but last month used 2 eyeshadow palettes from past months..

So, look at those lips - could we be getting a lip primer or concealer? Perhaps an eyeliner (we are overdue for one)...
Yea I was thinking the same thing regarding eyeshadow. I am happy to take a break on eyeshadow since we got a lot recently in 2014.

I am thinking maybe a nude/bare lip liner?  Not sure about concealer since its so tricky with all the variation in skin colors.

I am really banking on the liquid eyeliner pen because of my recent conversation with the CS of Starlooks when I was asking about the eyeliner pens and my loyalty code.

they finally added the description, so I will post here what I think we are getting

“During the era of Marie Antoinette and her court, women prided themselves with their adornments – class, elegance, and etiquette were everything! Garnished with crystal headpieces and painted with the finest of pigments, only the most elegant of royalty were privileged enough to sport the more luxurious items of fashion and beauty.

Luckily in our day, every girl can feel like a Princess. This June, we want to remind you not to forget about your glamorous side. Whether it’s just for a day of shopping, or a night out on the town, embrace your inner Dutchess and adorn yourself with whatever makes you feel like Royalty.”

On second thought…when looking at these pictures more closely, I think we might just get a yellow pigment. Look at the upper lip on the first model – she has the yellow color as a top liner. It might be a pigment set!! They have shades in yellow called Euro, a reddish-purple color called Monarch, a yellow-orange called Emperor.

they finally added the description, so I will post here what I think we are getting

“During the era of Marie Antoinette and her court, women prided themselves with their adornments – class, elegance, and etiquette were everything! Garnished with crystal headpieces and painted with the finest of pigments, only the most elegant of royalty were privileged enough to sport the more luxurious items of fashion and beauty.

Luckily in our day, every girl can feel like a Princess. This June, we want to remind you not to forget about your glamorous side. Whether it’s just for a day of shopping, or a night out on the town, embrace your inner Dutchess and adorn yourself with whatever makes you feel like Royalty.”

On second thought…when looking at these pictures more closely, I think we might just get a yellow pigment. Look at the upper lip on the first model – she has the yellow color as a top liner. It might be a pigment set!! They have shades in yellow called Euro, a reddish-purple color called Monarch, a yellow-orange called Emperor.
I think you're on to something! If I had to guess, though, I think they'd put ONE of the pigments in everyone's box, but send out several colors. They seem to do that a lot. I hope I don't get yellow!

I think you're on to something! If I had to guess, though, I think they'd put ONE of the pigments in everyone's box, but send out several colors. They seem to do that a lot. I hope I don't get yellow!
yeah, I don't want yellow either!!

I'd take the yellow! I've been using a yellow pigment sample from an indie brand and a pink loose blush together on my eyes lately, so I'd like some more yellow pigment :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Starlooks now has this picture on their site and most of the stuff I recognize from past boxes...but can someone tell me what that amazing blush in the bottom left corner is?!?! I definitely didn't get that during the time I was subbed :) Also, I just thought this was kind of a fun blast from the past seeing a bunch of the stuff we've gotten all together!

starlookspage.jpg

My guess is that it's the Fuschia powder blush.  They don't have the peach blush in the photo that was sent out in January 2013, so I'm thinking that maybe this was supposed to be that blush, but someone grabbed the wrong one when assembling everything for this photo.  Or maybe we're getting it soon!  (The packaging definitely looks ever so slightly different from the brown blush below the brow kit, so I'm pretty sure it's a powder blush rather than a cream.)

What I'm wondering about is the small pink-and-black thing right above the 15-shade palette.  That doesn't look familiar *at all*.

You guys are definitely on the right track.. I agree it would be one pigment and maybe each get a color.. though I really hope for yellow instead of the redish color since I look like a Walking Dead extra if even attempt a bit on my eyes.

I am still gambling on us getting a liquid eyeliner pen. haha!

My guess is that it's the Fuschia powder blush.  They don't have the peach blush in the photo that was sent out in January 2013, so I'm thinking that maybe this was supposed to be that blush, but someone grabbed the wrong one when assembling everything for this photo.  Or maybe we're getting it soon!  (The packaging definitely looks ever so slightly different from the brown blush below the brow kit, so I'm pretty sure it's a powder blush rather than a cream.)

What I'm wondering about is the small pink-and-black thing right above the 15-shade palette.  That doesn't look familiar *at all*.
I also noticed that pink/black thing. I have been following along with what has come in boxes for about the last year and a half and knew I hadn't seen that either (and have never seen anything on their site looking like that!) Interesting!

Whatever that blush is, if we get it at some point, I'd be a happy camper.

Also, is the bright blue pot under April's palette something that came in the pot? It looks too bright to be the Orion one (which I believe is the one under the blush from last May).

I keep looking at the lookbook after the mention of pigment came into play and i wonder if on the first model it is actually the red pigment (from the 2nd model's eyes) on her lips but with more pigment use... which makes me wonder if the lip primer idea as @@biancardi mentioned could be a coming into play.... hmmmm or I am basically out in left field dancing by my lonesome lol

ooooh didnt see this.. good call @@biancardi

I feel like we would get a lip primer over a lip brush.. tho I would not mind another brush.

Latest posts

Back