Starlooks June 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have something I need to say and that is that I was wrong about what Starbox has become. I have seen the June box in photos and I love the colors. I definitely would have used every product in the box, and think it's probably the highest value monthly subscription box with makeup in full sizes out there. 

Mostly, though, I love Marci, and once when I had a serious illness and it looked like I was going to have to cancel all my subscriptions because of the illness, she sent me a " get well box". 

I just now resubbed, but will be getting the July box, not the pretty June box. I'm excited to be back, and I hope everyone will forgive me for not remembering the truly great products I received in this sub when it first started. I was wrong, and I did a disservice to Starlooks and Starbox by posting about new formulations of products which would have been fun to try, but then I got sick and all the positive part was pretty much forgotten until I looked at the June Lookbook, and a beauty blog with a great review of the products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry I was wrong. Peace to all. 

GiGI

What is the Starblast? Is it like the Lookbook?  Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GiGI
The Starblast is like a newsletter dedicated to that month's starbox so for example, you will get one for your July box since you resubbed. It usally is emailed around the time you physically get your box (or still waiting for your box like me cuz i live in Canada. boo!).

It talks about each of the products you get in the box, how you can use it alone or with other Starlook products that they actually name, step by step pictures and how to apply the products.

Sometimes they also include promos from the company or other companies. For example, this month there is a discount offered for costume jewelery by the company Margaret Rowe which is feature in the June 2014 lookbook.

I have something I need to say and that is that I was wrong about what Starbox has become. I have seen the June box in photos and I love the colors. I definitely would have used every product in the box, and think it's probably the highest value monthly subscription box with makeup in full sizes out there. 

Mostly, though, I love Marci, and once when I had a serious illness and it looked like I was going to have to cancel all my subscriptions because of the illness, she sent me a " get well box". 

I just now resubbed, but will be getting the July box, not the pretty June box. I'm excited to be back, and I hope everyone will forgive me for not remembering the truly great products I received in this sub when it first started. I was wrong, and I did a disservice to Starlooks and Starbox by posting about new formulations of products which would have been fun to try, but then I got sick and all the positive part was pretty much forgotten until I looked at the June Lookbook, and a beauty blog with a great review of the products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry I was wrong. Peace to all. 

GiGI
Welcome to Starlooks Obsessed Anonymous.  ;-)  You'll fit right in with us crazies.  

I'm obsessed with this box.  I was scared to try the "blush", but I'm in love with the highlights it gives my cheekbones.  Holy mackerel.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  I love it all.

To me, the Starblast email is like the "Hello Marci" videos back when Starlooks started their Starbox sub.  It's just in email form & they are SO great.  They give great tips & ideas.  I am SO happy they started doing them since we don't see the Hello Marci videos anymore (which I also loved).

I LOVED Marci's videos because we spent a lot of time emailing and chatting. She was/ is a very special person to me.

However, I think I will like a printed " How to get the looks" better because my speed and technique was not always Marci's speed and technique, since she is a professional makeup artist. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, just wish we could have both, really. She's so entertaining, such a lovely lady with a good sense of humor!!. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my box! Pretty happy with this month's and beyond in love with the lipstick. I will likely use it more in the Fall just because I am pretty tan right now..

But mental note for the future, do not put on a dark lipstick because you are dying to test it when you just woke up, hair frazzled, no bra on and havent had your coffee yet.. it may scare your boyfriend. lesson learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zomg, I ordered limitless as part of my loyalty code and I looooove it. 

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

Latest posts

Back