Stomach workout

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey , does anyone know of good method's to work out your abs and really get results?Any suggestions would help,thank you
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here's my fave ab routine:

150 traditional crunches, hands crossed across chest and hold slightly each time you come up.

100 crunches on each side for external obliquest, turn legs to one side and then do crunches.

50 leg raises, lay flat on back, hands form a triangle under your tailbone to help support your body and slowly raise and lower legs, keeping them straight and never letting legs touch the ground.

50 sculler crunches (these might have a different name, but this is the name I learned for them). Balance on your tailbone while sitting up with legs pulled to your chest and arms extended out then lean back and extend legs while pulling arms in and then legs back in arms out, etc.

150 more regular crunches

Also it's important to strengthen back muscles as you work your abs. I like doing seals (lay down on your stomach with arms by your side and then raise and lower yourself torso. Also holding a flat weight against your chest and bending down and lifting up, keeping your back straight.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Here's my fave ab routine:150 traditional crunches, hands crossed across chest and hold slightly each time you come up.

100 crunches on each side for external obliquest, turn legs to one side and then do crunches.

50 leg raises, lay flat on back, hands form a triangle under your tailbone to help support your body and slowly raise and lower legs, keeping them straight and never letting legs touch the ground.

50 sculler crunches (these might have a different name, but this is the name I learned for them). Balance on your tailbone while sitting up with legs pulled to your chest and arms extended out then lean back and extend legs while pulling arms in and then legs back in arms out, etc.

150 more regular crunches

Also it's important to strengthen back muscles as you work your abs. I like doing seals (lay down on your stomach with arms by your side and then raise and lower yourself torso. Also holding a flat weight against your chest and bending down and lifting up, keeping your back straight.

Wow thats sound like a workout that will kick my butt.I will try it,im just going to cut those numbers in half
biggrin.gif
thanks for the tip!

Yeah it takes a while to work up to those. The leg raises will absolutely kill you, but it'll get that little pouch in your lower abs that so many women have and it's such a hard area to target!

I'd probably focus on those and sculler crunches because they get pretty much every portion of your abs. The traditional crunches just get the upper abs which for me isn't a problem area.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Yeah it takes a while to work up to those. The leg raises will absolutely kill you, but it'll get that little pouch in your lower abs that so many women have and it's such a hard area to target! I'd probably focus on those and sculler crunches because they get pretty much every portion of your abs. The traditional crunches just get the upper abs which for me isn't a problem area.

My upper abs are ok too,that lower part is the toughest.

Well ideally you wanna do both. Working your abs without doing cardio won't really do much good...you'll have great abs, but no one can see them with fat on top of them! But at the same time, if you don't work your abs, then as the fat goes away, you'll still look flabby.

If you're looking to tone up, then you should try doing some cardio and weights in addition to the abs. Cardio will burn the fat, weights and body circuits will burn fat and add on muscle which will increase your metabolism (muscle burns more calories per pound than fat) and they will also help you tone up!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Well ideally you wanna do both. Working your abs without doing cardio won't really do much good...you'll have great abs, but no one can see them with fat on top of them! But at the same time, if you don't work your abs, then as the fat goes away, you'll still look flabby.If you're looking to tone up, then you should try doing some cardio and weights in addition to the abs. Cardio will burn the fat, weights and body circuits will burn fat and add on muscle which will increase your metabolism (muscle burns more calories per pound than fat) and they will also help you tone up!

Thanks for all the great info,im sure glad i joined a gym,I want to look good this summer,or at least by august,lol
icon_redface.gif

OK well if you guys need help planning a diet or a workout routine, let me know. Working out is just about my favorite thing to do and I was a collegiate athlete and also did some coaching with high school athletes in the summer so I've lots of experience with nutrition/exercise!

my trainer says that the greater the elevation the more concentration on the abs muscles. remember demi moore in g.i. jane? try putting your heels on a chair or sofa and lay on the floor. then, do your crunches. start with 30 and work your way up. you'll have flat abs in no time.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey , does anyone know of good method's to work out your abs and really get results?Any suggestions would help,thank you
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

when you get to be my age you have to make the gym your friend. my goal is to keep my body from dropping down to my ankles. 3 days a week without fail and i love every minute (that's what i tell myself anyway)

Originally Posted by Charmaine Ok got it - cardio + weights. Dang I need to get back to the gym!
7_5_120.gif

watch those complex carbs. potatoes, pasta, bread, and sugar. you'll be some much happier with the results of your workout. try to curb your gravings for 2 weeks and you should see a difference. don't wait to get rid of the fat first. it all works together and don't forget the cardo.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow that sounds like a crazy workout! I would love to get a nice stomach too, but I don't know how to get rid of the fat first...I heard that's the way to do it right? Even if you already have nice abs from workingout, you might not see it cause it could be under a lot of fat...

Originally Posted by bonbon412 OK well if you guys need help planning a diet or a workout routine, let me know. Working out is just about my favorite thing to do and I was a collegiate athlete and also did some coaching with high school athletes in the summer so I've lots of experience with nutrition/exercise! Thanks for the offer. I just went to my first pilates class and ouch.But i felt it in my tummy which is good,And they weighed me and measured me.1 week and a half ago i was 120lbs now im 114,so im super happy and i cant wait to go back to the gym tomorrow!my girlfriend is on a diet where she just has eggwhites in the morning and turkey patteis the rest of the day.She lost 13lbs in two weeks.Is this a good diet?

Originally Posted by bonbon412 OK well if you guys need help planning a diet or a workout routine, let me know. Working out is just about my favorite thing to do and I was a collegiate athlete and also did some coaching with high school athletes in the summer so I've lots of experience with nutrition/exercise! I need HELP! What do you need to know about me, before you can do some planning for me? I need help with work out and diet, I have a membership to a gym but hate to go by myself, my mom has one as well but she never goes with me. Any help would be wonderful. Thankies

Originally Posted by Neha Shoor Hey can any one tell me, how to get rid of constipation....i am waiting for your response. Hey, check out the thread I started about slow colons...the stuff I mentioned helped me alot.

Eating apples help me a lot
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Neha Shoor Hey can any one tell me, how to get rid of constipation....i am waiting for your response.

Originally Posted by Naturally Isn't there also a specific way to do crunches ...so many times I see women doing crunches but aren't ..and doing them wrong can be worse than doing them at all. I find that the best way to do crunches is to do them slowly and hold when you go up. If you're doing them at home, pretend you're sitting back on a bench that moves with you. Keep your back against that bench and contract your ab muscles so you sit up slightly. YOu can either put your hands behind your neck(making sure you keep your neck straight but not stiff) or hold your hands across you chest. It's so hard to explain without demonstrating, but I hope this makes sense. If you do crunches too fast, you could be just wasting energy and not really working the muscles.

I do the eight minute abs video twice a day, and it definitely delivers results. Of course, I know you're supposed to do target exercises every other day for 'the best results' but I'm a little obsessive compulsive and I just don't feel right if I don't do them every single day. If I do them daily, when I go to the cabinet and see the white chocolate macadamia cookies I buy for my son, the burn in my muscles reminds me that I don't want to sabotage my efforts with sugar.

You are strong!!! I would give in for chocolate any day
icon_cheesygrin.gif
BTW, Welcome to MuT
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by XOffendr I do the eight minute abs video twice a day, and it definitely delivers results. Of course, I know you're supposed to do target exercises every other day for 'the best results' but I'm a little obsessive compulsive and I just don't feel right if I don't do them every single day. If I do them daily, when I go to the cabinet and see the white chocolate macadamia cookies I buy for my son, the burn in my muscles reminds me that I don't want to sabotage my efforts with sugar.

Thanks for the welcome.
icon_smile.gif
I'm really not strong willed, though. Generally, I don't care for sweets all that much, but once I get started on a sugar binge watch out! It's no holds barred. I could easily live on sugar for a month, with horrible results...sooo, I really have to pay attention to what I put in my cabinets and my mouth. Especially breves...

Kalvelax

Originally Posted by Neha Shoor Hey can any one tell me, how to get rid of constipation....i am waiting for your response.

Latest posts

Back