Stretch Marks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides all that, Lush cosmetics carries a massage bar. I believe its called Therapy. One of my friends mom had surgery and my other friends cousin was pregnant. Both had unbelievable stretch marks and went out and bought the massage bar. They rubbed it on themselves every night and it has natural ingredients. Within like two weeks their stretch marks and scars disappeared! It was unbelievable. Maybe you could give that a try!

Has any tried Rosehip oil? I saw an ad on TV about it... and it works for stretch marks! But you know how ads are...

yeah, ive heard anything thats moisturizing works well to prevent stretch marks. not diminish em tho...

but i would:

1, gently scrub the area (exfoliate dead cells and encourage skin/cell turnover)

2, oil massage (increases blood flow)

3, slap on some good moisturizer!
wink.gif

i've heard moisturizing does a good job at preventing stretch marks. i know nothing of making them diminish or disappear once they're here.

I agree with nyanchu's post. Exfoliate weekly, moisturize daily, and go for weekly-monthly massages! They won't go away completely, but it fades them and helps to smooth them out so they blend in better with the surrounding skin. I got stretchmarks from being overweight as a teen, I'm at a healthy weight now and have no flab, it's just the stretchmarks (they're white silvery lines)...I don't care much for them now, plus they have softened drastically in appearance over the years since my weight loss....I try to look on the bright side, I have even-toned, baby smooth body skin stretch marks aside (yes I have lots of them!), so I'm quite happy with myself and am just trying my best to be thankful...I do feel self-concious at times, but then I remind myself that nobody's perfect, if it's not stretchmarks it's always something else, spider veins, acne, scars, rough skin etc...that's the way it is with us women. Just remember to take care of yourself, your skin, and pamper yourself often...you'll love the results. As far as I know there is no treatment to completely get rid of stretchmarks and I'm not one to trust in horribly expensive potions that end up being nothing more than an overpriced moisturizer...but daily moisturizing and massaging the areas (with whatever cream or lotion you want) will definately help in softening their appearance so that they are less noticeable. Btw, guys usually don't care...they tend to look at the whole package in a girl rather than nit picking on certain flaws, so accentuate the best of your assets and play down your minor flaws, the whole package of being a woman is beautiful!

sorry for that...I got a little carried away *blushes*

cocoa butter only helps prevent them as long as you rub some on every day but it wont help get rid of them.

Originally Posted by Fatimah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with nyanchu's post. Exfoliate weekly, moisturize daily, and go for weekly-monthly massages! They won't go away completely, but it fades them and helps to smooth them out so they blend in better with the surrounding skin. I got stretchmarks from being overweight as a teen, I'm at a healthy weight now and have no flab, it's just the stretchmarks (they're white silvery lines)...I don't care much for them now, plus they have softened drastically in appearance over the years since my weight loss....I try to look on the bright side, I have even-toned, baby smooth body skin stretch marks aside (yes I have lots of them!), so I'm quite happy with myself and am just trying my best to be thankful...I do feel self-concious at times, but then I remind myself that nobody's perfect, if it's not stretchmarks it's always something else, spider veins, acne, scars, rough skin etc...that's the way it is with us women. Just remember to take care of yourself, your skin, and pamper yourself often...you'll love the results. As far as I know there is no treatment to completely get rid of stretchmarks and I'm not one to trust in horribly expensive potions that end up being nothing more than an overpriced moisturizer...but daily moisturizing and massaging the areas (with whatever cream or lotion you want) will definately help in softening their appearance so that they are less noticeable. Btw, guys usually don't care...they tend to look at the whole package in a girl rather than nit picking on certain flaws, so accentuate the best of your assets and play down your minor flaws, the whole package of being a woman is beautiful!

Beautifully said Fatimah!! Congratulations on your healthy journey!!

Agreed that there is no total cure or anything, BUT, has anyone else bought or tried this method yet?

Jean's Skin Care - Home Stretch Mark Removal Remedy

It's a home-made exfoliation method - with ingredients you can get cheap at the drug store - to copy the effects of microdermabrasion and drastically reduce stretch marks. It really helped on my arms, and I haven't had the time to faithfully start up and stick to it on the other parts of my body (need to lose more weight first, I'm healthy but not toned
frown.gif
), but I really like this one. It's the most effective method I've seen yet. and I've tried eeeverything. (I have the worst skin elasticity ever; I'm at a healthy weight now, but with any weight gain whatsoever my skin stretches and scars.)

You buy the e-book alone for $15, or the e-book with the products included (not that they're hard to find at all) for $37. It's also a great remedy for cellulite.
smile.gif
And she offers a full 90-day money-back guarantee.

It's not some big scammer company, either; it's one woman who runs a small business for natural skin remedies and solutions. She's very sweet and helpful, too.

Maybe something to consider if you're still desperate, ladies!
smile.gif

I've been using black soap and cocoa butter on and off for a while now. I'll try to use them more consistently and post my results. Basically, at night though, I exfoliate with black soap in the shower then massage with cocoa butter afterwards.

It has always been my understanding that 100% pure cocoa butter should be used as a moisturiser to lubricate the skin and help prevent the marks from occurring. Over the years I've heard people state they use it to remove the marks and never believed it because stretch marks are damaged tissue. Cosmetics companies have made many a $$ off of this belief!

I've heard that once the skin tears, stretch marks can spread, getting longer and deeper. Is this true? and if so, how can I stop my (now small) stretch marks from getting worse??

I haven't heard of dryness alone causing stretch marks, not without some weight gain/loss. It could be that if you were not hydrating well and gained weight, or height, that the skin would be stretched more rapidly without the elasticity from moisture to ease the stretching. Or, you could have gotten these when you were going through a teen growth spurt and because of their location you just didn't notice them before.

Once a stretch mark has gone white there is nothing you can do for it short of laser, and I don't recommend that either. I've seen a few cases where the effects of the laser were uglier than the stretch marks had been, and personally I don't think it's worth the risk for something so minor. Like Tony said, guys really just don't care about them. There area lot of creams out there that claim to reverse them, but I didn't start trying any until mine were already old, so no luck there for me. By the way, Strivectin, the market leader in this catagory which is also used on the face to fight aging, burned the heck out of my face and didn't work on my old stretch marks. I have heard some women rave about it working on red stretch marks though. I just self tan over them, and that helps to minimize their appearance.

The best thing you can do is prevent them in the first place. Use a deep hydrator, like Bag Balm, the Cocoa Butter from the Body Shop or vitamin E oil often during pregnancy, weight gain or weight loss. Any time you feel itchy, rub it in, as scratching will irritate the skin and some derms say scratching will accelerate stretch marks. Deep hydration will make the skin more supple, allowing it to expand and retract easier and preventing skin tears (stretch marks).

Unfortunately, a lot of what determines whether you'll get stretch marks or not is your genetics. If your mother has them, chances are you will too. I have fewer than my mom, but I did a lot of deep hydration and she didn't, which could have helped to prevent me from getting as many as she did.

Originally Posted by Fatimah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with nyanchu's post. Exfoliate weekly, moisturize daily, and go for weekly-monthly massages! They won't go away completely, but it fades them and helps to smooth them out so they blend in better with the surrounding skin. I got stretchmarks from being overweight as a teen, I'm at a healthy weight now and have no flab, it's just the stretchmarks (they're white silvery lines)...I don't care much for them now, plus they have softened drastically in appearance over the years since my weight loss....I try to look on the bright side, I have even-toned, baby smooth body skin stretch marks aside (yes I have lots of them!), so I'm quite happy with myself and am just trying my best to be thankful...I do feel self-concious at times, but then I remind myself that nobody's perfect, if it's not stretchmarks it's always something else, spider veins, acne, scars, rough skin etc...that's the way it is with us women. Just remember to take care of yourself, your skin, and pamper yourself often...you'll love the results. As far as I know there is no treatment to completely get rid of stretchmarks and I'm not one to trust in horribly expensive potions that end up being nothing more than an overpriced moisturizer...but daily moisturizing and massaging the areas (with whatever cream or lotion you want) will definately help in softening their appearance so that they are less noticeable. Btw, guys usually don't care...they tend to look at the whole package in a girl rather than nit picking on certain flaws, so accentuate the best of your assets and play down your minor flaws, the whole package of being a woman is beautiful!

well arnt u a wise woman with such words! girls, stretchmarks are awful, but u know what, we're all beautiful in our own way...so lets cherish what we have xxxxxxx
rockwoot.gif

Latest posts

Back