Sugarbash - anyone subbed to this one?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My subscription says I'm starting with the "Life's a Beach" box, which appears to have shipped out already.  I sent it to my office and haven't been in since Thursday, so maybe it's there.  But I didn't get a shipping notice or anything.   I can't remember which credit card I used, so I'm not sure if I've been billed a second time or not.  

If I don't get anything this month and am billed again, I'll cancel and do a charge back on my credit card.  I agree with you that it's upsetting to be charged twice without receiving anything.   I'll let you know what I find out. . . I really hope this is a good sub and want to give it a chance. But subs should be fun and wondering if I'm going to get anything or when, well. . .it just feels kind of cruddy.   
 I'm a subscriber too but the boxes haven't shipped yet if that helps - the boxes from previous months have shipped usually in the last week of each month. I think you'll really enjoy it - I've been super thriled so far. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I mean, I don't know. I dont wanna bash the company because I haven't gotten anything from them yet. I just do not like that I was charged for another box after not receiving one in the first place. At this point I have given them $50.00 and have not gotten so much as an email.

Also I dont like that you can't cancel the box under your account. Or check the status on anything. You have to use a support ticket -that didn't work, I typed out a very long email in it and it then deleted it and told me to email a different address. So I had to retype my email to send to a diff address. Which was def meaner than the first email lol
I'd give them a solid 48 hours to get back to you - I've usually heard back within 24 hours and the person that does their facebook page has helped me too in a pinch as well as given me direct people to talk to & gottent he job done. I saw someone else ordered the July box but wanted to let you know that the July box hasn't shipped yet - they've always emailed me and sent a tracking number with it plus the boxes usually ship the last week of the month. Hope my experiene with them has helped so you're not too worried about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey ladies! I've been subscribed to SugarBash since their first box in April and personally I love it! I found out about them through the Steve Harvey show :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for the billing - I've had a few questions myself because I bought my mother-in-law a gift subscription for us to enjoy, but they've been great at getting back to me within 24 hours via email. The email I've had a lot of sucess with is [email protected].

When it comes to the "randomness" I thought so too at first BUT then after I got my boxes, I realized they are really fun & themed so everyting in the box has to do with that month's theme. I'm super excited to get my July box "Life's a Beach" so I'm really excited to see what beach items I get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far I've been able to use everything and have learned a thing or two about beauty (like a wet brush!) haha who would have thought?!

As for them dating back to 2012 - not sure about that but I know they're a female start-up company that was featured last year on the Steve Harvey show and I think he's affiliated with them too.

To the ladies concerned about the billing - I'd honestly wait to hear from them before canceling - they're really great and fixing any whoopsies

Oh and I guess really quick - you are billied up front and the boxes come at the end of the month - they give you tracking numbers and everything so you know when and where your boxes are.

All in all I"m a very happy customer from them and I personally love that it's not a big company so I feel like I've gotten super personal attention and I mean the products I get are full sized and amazing!

Def suggest this one!
Thanks for reassuring us. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was kind of confused by the Facebook posts because it looked like people were talking about their "Life's a beach" box, but it must have been the "Summer solstice" one.   I saw on Facebook that the July boxes are shipping next week and I'm really excited to get my first box. 

If you don't mind, can you take a picture or make a list of what you received in your "summer solstice" box?  I'm so curious!   

yes I sure can! Starting in the back of the picture is a really pretty crystal necklace - it's a nice statement piece without being too big and crazy then there are 2 nail polishes - one from Pixi and the beautiful blue from Essie (great brand) then moving forward and left is a Chesapeak Candle in glass packaging with a wood top (super nice quality) and it smells AMAZING! In front of that, there's a Crate & Barrel glass (the box had 2 in it, but I broke one when I dropped it in the sink...oops) but love the modern short glasses with finger grip dents. Then above the glass is a super large bronzing set! Personally, I'm super fair skinned so I will need to learn how to best to use those colors but I'm excited because I've never really bought bronzer for myself before. Anyway that was an exciting push for me to learn bronzer skills :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ummm oh yeah on the right side of the picture is a sarong and I LOVE the card that came with it to show you fun ways to tie it. Then they even sent a super healthy watermelon lemonade recipe that you can also turn into a cocktail by adding wine or champagne and of course, they included cute drink stirs. Hope you like what you see - I'm really excited about the boxes and hope the july one is fun too!

yes I sure can! Starting in the back of the picture is a really pretty crystal necklace - it's a nice statement piece without being too big and crazy then there are 2 nail polishes - one from Pixi and the beautiful blue from Essie (great brand) then moving forward and left is a Chesapeak Candle in glass packaging with a wood top (super nice quality) and it smells AMAZING! In front of that, there's a Crate & Barrel glass (the box had 2 in it, but I broke one when I dropped it in the sink...oops) but love the modern short glasses with finger grip dents. Then above the glass is a super large bronzing set! Personally, I'm super fair skinned so I will need to learn how to best to use those colors but I'm excited because I've never really bought bronzer for myself before. Anyway that was an exciting push for me to learn bronzer skills :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ummm oh yeah on the right side of the picture is a sarong and I LOVE the card that came with it to show you fun ways to tie it. Then they even sent a super healthy watermelon lemonade recipe that you can also turn into a cocktail by adding wine or champagne and of course, they included cute drink stirs. Hope you like what you see - I'm really excited about the boxes and hope the july one is fun too!
Ohhhh!!  Nice box, thanks so much for posting the picture and listing out the contents.   I've never seen Crate & Barrel in a sub box before, so it's cool that you got those.  What a fun mix of fashion and home items, I'm so looking forward to the July box in the next few weeks.   

I'll never understand how they can pack so much value into a $25 box, impressive!

I just got a shipping notice! I appreciate those of you who offered reassurance; now I am super excited!

I just got a shipping notice! I appreciate those of you who offered reassurance; now I am super excited!
Got mine too!  Phew. . . now I can breathe a little sigh of relief.  Based on last month's box, I think this could be a fun subscription.  

My box arrived today....For the cost of this box, I'm very pleased! Although I don't think it is quite as good as the one that enticed me on Abby's blog, I will use everything. I don't know how to do spoilers and I don't want to say too much but just the one big item is worth the box for me. I've looked all summer for one that fits this well  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box arrived today....For the cost of this box, I'm very pleased! Although I don't think it is quite as good as the one that enticed me on Abby's blog, I will use everything. I don't know how to do spoilers and I don't want to say too much but just the one big item is worth the box for me. I've looked all summer for one that fits this well  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just saw a review of this box here http://triedntrureview.com/2015/07/sugarbash-july-2015-review/ hope you enjoy all your new things. I think this box definitely had some different and fun items in it.  Always fun to see unique things pop up in a subscription box I wish this box lots of success.  Enjoy your goodies.

I took a picture of my box, but the link posted above (to the review) has better pictures. 

Overall, I enjoyed this box but I agree that it's not as nice as the one posted on the blog.  I'm going to stay subscribed for another month and see what happens.  It's not a bad box by any means, in fact I thought it was thoughtful and fun.   I think i"m just at a point where I have too much "stuff" and everything in the box was something I already have (except for the Zip pops , I definitely don't have those. . . but what a neat idea!).   

Also, the soap smells AMAZING.  

For $25 a month, it's a great box and I do recommend it based on the first box I received.   

well. . .so I subscribed for 3 months and decided to close my account this month.  The first box was fun and summery, very well thought out.  The second box I never received because, for some reason, the address was 'refused' by the postal service and the box was returned.  

I contacted Sugarbash after waiting several weeks from the time it was shipped and they did get back to me right away.  However, they were just nonchalant about it and said they'd look around to see if there was another box but I haven't heard anything in weeks.  I'm assuming that I'll never get the box, which is $25 totally wasted.   I mean, it was really not their fault because it was either refused by someone at the front desk of my office, or because I'd given them the wrong zip code  (but, I got the first box and it had the wrong zip code. . .).  But, it would have been nice to get some kind of follow up email from them or an offer to ship it back (I would have paid shipping) or something.   

This past month was a good value but kind of boring and I can't even remember everything in it.  There was a nice vitamin C serum and Essie 3 way glaze, which are the only things I'll use  That spring box review from the blog (Always Abby) had me really excited because I loved the curation, brands, and value.  I didn't find the following boxes to be nearly as good, but I'd still recommend it as a fun sub to anyone who enjoys getting a surprise each month. 

They didn't refund your money?  Whaaaat?

This box sort of reminds me of fabfitfun...kind of a mishmash of random things that are nice enough but nothing that is an absolute must have or hero item. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really happy with this month's box! 

[spoiler] The theme was Girl's Night In and included A T-shirt from Custom Bling N Things that says "Girls Night" with a wine glass in small rhinestones

also included cleansing wipes from LA Fresh, Divinity Organics Pumpkin Face Serum, Spongelle Pedi-buffer, A crystal nail file (love those), some really cute frog shaped chocolates, and Family Feud party game [/spoiler]
I thought it was a cute mix of items and well worth the $ 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back