Sugarbash - anyone subbed to this one?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone here subscribe to Sugarbash and if so, any opinions?  

I was browsing some blogs I'd bookmarked and found this review on the Always Abby blog for a recent (I think it was May) box.  It was *such* an amazing box and I wondered why no one has been talking about it.  I was confused by the wording for this one because it says this particular month was a specially curated by a celebrity.  I don't know if that means it was a limited edition box, or the monthly.  But the value of this is incredible if it's the regular $25/month box.  

I can't find much about this sub and only a few reviews for past boxes.  But everything I could find piqued my interest and I decided to subscribe for a few months and see what it was all about.  I think I'll be getting the July box, so it will be a while before I receive one.   They have a Facebook page and a website, but the box purchase goes through Cratejoy.   

Sugarbash.png

I wish you could pay with Paypal. I don't like having to email to have my subscription cancelled. It's a big ol' pain.

I wish you could pay with Paypal. I don't like having to email to have my subscription cancelled. It's a big ol' pain.
I totally hear you.  I've let some subs go on for way too long because I'd forget to call or send an email.  It's always nice when subs have a 'cancel' button on their website. 

I'll post when I get my first box. Hoping it's not 'too good to be true' because for the price point, that May box was better than some of the $100 Popsugar LE boxes!  of course, probably not every month will be that good.  FYI - I subbed using a link I found on the Always Abby blog, and it took my first month down to $20.  

This one looks interesting. I signed up for a 6 month subscription to try it out. I hope it stays as good as it has been.

Did it just start in April?  Google didn't bring up anything older than that for me.

Did it just start in April?  Google didn't bring up anything older than that for me.
I can't figure out when it started either.  Before I decided to subscribe, I tried to find everything I could about it .  There were some things from 2014, but it looks like maybe they were just getting started then and only fully rolled out a few months ago. 

I was billed for $20, but haven't heard anything yet about when the next box is shipping (I think the FAQs say it's the end of each month, and I'm guessing mine starts with July).   

I also haven't found anything online about the June box, so. . hmm!  I hope I didn't make a mistake by subbing, but will let you know when I hear something.  

After I read this post I subscribed and was immediately billed. I never received anything and have now been billed again. I am kind of upset about it. I don't like being billed twice without having something in my hands first. I already asked them to cancel my subscription for a full refund.

If you search this forum there are posts about this sub dating back to 2012.  There were issues then. 

I mean, I don't know. I dont wanna bash the company because I haven't gotten anything from them yet. I just do not like that I was charged for another box after not receiving one in the first place. At this point I have given them $50.00 and have not gotten so much as an email.

Also I dont like that you can't cancel the box under your account. Or check the status on anything. You have to use a support ticket -that didn't work, I typed out a very long email in it and it then deleted it and told me to email a different address. So I had to retype my email to send to a diff address. Which was def meaner than the first email lol

I always worry about new subs and have been burned before-

I did get a welcome email and and order receipt email- my account is accessible at https://sugarbash.cratejoy.com and there is an option to suspend or cancel- it appears they do answer and post often on their facebook page 

It looks to me like the stuff from 2012 is related to them trying to start up a social media type page but I'm definitely not sure. The website says founded in 2014.

Now, having said all that- I will monitor my credit card and pace the floor until I get my first box!! I would feel better if there was an MSA review to be honest. 

I always worry about new subs and have been burned before-

I did get a welcome email and and order receipt email- my account is accessible at https://sugarbash.cratejoy.com and there is an option to suspend or cancel- it appears they do answer and post often on their facebook page 

It looks to me like the stuff from 2012 is related to them trying to start up a social media type page but I'm definitely not sure. The website says founded in 2014.

Now, having said all that- I will monitor my credit card and pace the floor until I get my first box!! I would feel better if there was an MSA review to be honest. 

Thank you! I was under my account in Cratejoy but not under it in the Sugarbash page which is why I wasn't able to see a cancellation option. I totally appreciate that!

My subscription says I'm starting with the "Life's a Beach" box, which appears to have shipped out already.  I sent it to my office and haven't been in since Thursday, so maybe it's there.  But I didn't get a shipping notice or anything.   I can't remember which credit card I used, so I'm not sure if I've been billed a second time or not.  

If I don't get anything this month and am billed again, I'll cancel and do a charge back on my credit card.  I agree with you that it's upsetting to be charged twice without receiving anything.   I'll let you know what I find out. . . I really hope this is a good sub and want to give it a chance. But subs should be fun and wondering if I'm going to get anything or when, well. . .it just feels kind of cruddy.   

Hey ladies! I've been subscribed to SugarBash since their first box in April and personally I love it! I found out about them through the Steve Harvey show :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for the billing - I've had a few questions myself because I bought my mother-in-law a gift subscription for us to enjoy, but they've been great at getting back to me within 24 hours via email. The email I've had a lot of sucess with is [email protected].

When it comes to the "randomness" I thought so too at first BUT then after I got my boxes, I realized they are really fun & themed so everyting in the box has to do with that month's theme. I'm super excited to get my July box "Life's a Beach" so I'm really excited to see what beach items I get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far I've been able to use everything and have learned a thing or two about beauty (like a wet brush!) haha who would have thought?!

As for them dating back to 2012 - not sure about that but I know they're a female start-up company that was featured last year on the Steve Harvey show and I think he's affiliated with them too.

To the ladies concerned about the billing - I'd honestly wait to hear from them before canceling - they're really great and fixing any whoopsies

Oh and I guess really quick - you are billied up front and the boxes come at the end of the month - they give you tracking numbers and everything so you know when and where your boxes are.

All in all I"m a very happy customer from them and I personally love that it's not a big company so I feel like I've gotten super personal attention and I mean the products I get are full sized and amazing!

Def suggest this one!

Latest posts

Back