Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DonnaD was my summer swap buddy and my package arrived today!

[spoiler]

IMG_0282.jpg

First of all, the box is barely closed because it is absolutely jam-packed. 

IMG_0283.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

IMG_0285.JPG

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

IMG_0286.jpg

[/spoiler]

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 
Ooh! I love it all!!!!

This thread got super fun super fast!!! And it's just the beginning!!! Hooray for happiness! I have a feeling this thread is going to be all unicorns, rainbows, & butterflies & everything magical & happy!!!

@DonnaD was my summer swap buddy and my package arrived today!

[spoiler]

IMG_0282.jpg

First of all, the box is barely closed because it is absolutely jam-packed. 

IMG_0283.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

IMG_0285.JPG

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

IMG_0286.jpg

[/spoiler]

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 
I'm so pleased you liked it!  You're actually very easy to shop for and I had fun reading through your posts and mss  survey to get an idea of what kind of gifts to get you.  It was my pleasure.

I love that bag!! And the little mini nail polishes! And I loovveeee that foundation brush!!
I was surprised that the foundation brush bristles were so soft (this is my first Sigma brush). Any tips for applying foundation with this brush (I've only used beauty blenders for foundation/bb creams)?

Ooh! I love it all!!!!

This thread got super fun super fast!!! And it's just the beginning!!! Hooray for happiness! I have a feeling this thread is going to be all unicorns, rainbows, & butterflies & everything magical & happy!!!
Thanks again for being such a great roadie for @@DonnaD!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so pleased you liked it!  You're actually very easy to shop for and I had fun reading through your posts and mss  survey to get an idea of what kind of gifts to get you.  It was my pleasure.
Thank you again for everything - truly a perfect package!  :wub:

I was surprised that the foundation brush bristles were so soft (this is my first Sigma brush). Any tips for applying foundation with this brush (I've only used beauty blenders for foundation/bb creams)?
I usually just dab some foundation on my face then go to town in a buffing motion with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a similar brush and tried it for the first time the other day.  Basically I take my foundation and pour a drop out on a hard plastic thing I have.  You only need a little.  You dip the brush in so all the bristles get covered and depending on how thick your foundation is you may need to dab the excess off.  The you apply the brush in a circular motion all over your face.  I had to practice a bit.... but my make up was flawless!!  So much lighter and looked amazing.  I watch a lot of youTube videos too and the one I learned the most from was Shaaanxo.  She's awesome.  I watched her beginners series and learned SOOOO much.  Plus she's got a great accent and is really funny.

LOVE seeing what you guys are coming up with!! I can't wait to see more pop up tomorrow!!

@@Deareux I can NOT think of a better Summerswap buddy for you! @@Dashery GREAT JOB!!!

@@DonnaD your gifts are so incredibly thoughtful! I am OBSESSED with owls so naturally I squealed at the adorable little owl on that beautiful bag! I know crafting isn't everyone's forte but I feel very happy that you take the time to share your creativity with us all!

I love that owl. I've always wanted a clear tea cup. But just have never pulled the trigger on one. Great presents.

Yowza! You know something wonderful has happened when you login and there are 3 pages in the new reveals thread  :w00t:

@Dashery Awesome first reveal! So well thought out and custom, you've set the bar high my friend...and @Deareux!!! Loved all the photos and descriptions.

Up next @@DonnaD, such beautiful bags! I know how much time and effort went into those, you are a crochet goddess  :smilehappyyes:  Love the tea cup and that sigma brush is super nice. @@jpark107 I also loved all the photos and info! I love that brush!! To use it, I dab foundation dots around my face, then bounce (stipple) the brush to spread the foundation and then buff (swirl) the brush around to finish. 

Thank you ladies for all the  :sunshine:  and  :hugs3:  !!

The reveals are AWESOME!!!!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So much talent and pretty in one thread!!!  @@Dashery those bows are super cute! What a great Buddy gift box!!

@@Deareux - The red & white bow is my favorite too!!!  So pretty!!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@DonnaD The bag is beautiful! You are amazing with crocheting!  The detailing... I love the little owl on the tree! :wub:  LOVE IT!!! You should be curating for one of the lifestyle sub boxes!  LOL

OMG the Owl Bag is the CUTEST THING EVER.  And the Batman/Catwoman bag? ADORBS.

(and I went through and fixed the spoiler tag you were trying to do, @@jpark107 ! Darn coding wasn't working right for some reason!)

What wonderful first reveals.  @@Dashery I love how well thought out and personal our theme was.  And @@DonnaD, I was in awe of the bag you crocheted for @@trekkersangel, but the owl on the one for @@jpark107 just stopped me in my tracks it was so dang cute.  Both of you put so much of yourselves into these boxes.  What a high bar you have set for the rest of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back