Sunlight is GOOD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The sun is responsible for sustaining life on the entire planet. Sun is absolutely crucial to our existence. Every hour out in the sun your body produces over 50,000 IU (International Units) of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium. In addtion, when the full spectrum of sunlight hits your eyes your body produces several hormones that regulate hundreds of body functions daily.

To interfere with this hormone production can be severely detrimental to your health. A vibrant flower, when removed from the sun will wilt and die. Unfortunately, people suffer from the same fate... just at a slower pace

You have been told by sunscreen companies (who want to sell more sunscreen) that the 'sun is bad for you'... How can this be? Life thrives in the sun and humans are no exception. Millions of species of plant and animal life spend 8 to 10 hours a day in the sun without one case of skin cancer. So what makes us so different? Why are we so afraid of the sun? Since we spend so little time out in the sun our skin has become very sensitive to sunlight - often giving us a sunburn for the first few days we are exposed to the sun. However, it is the lack of sun that causes this sensitivity, not the abundance of sun. Since we spend 99% of our day indoors... your roof actually acts as a sunscreen - blocking out the beneficial, life giving effects of the sun.

What the sunscreen companies don't tell you is that there is a 68% higher risk of skin cancer for those who use sunscreens. Without sunscreen your body produces all the necessary hormones to regulate body functions in perfect balance.. .Including the production of Vitamin D (essential for the absorption of calcium). When sunscreen is applied the natural balance of the full spectrum light becomes 'unnatural' and hormonal unbalance begins. Cancer is almost certain to occur when all the vital elements your body needs are not present, including the full spectrum of sunlight. So it goes, when man tries to outsmart nature - nature wins in the end.

NOTE: The use of sunscreen can be beneficial for the first few days of exposure to the sun to avoid sun burn, but after this it should not be applied

According to Robert R. Barefoot, the sun prevents ALL cancers... including skin cancer. Proof of this can be seen in certain cultures around the world who spend over eight hours a day totally exposed to the sun without one case of skin cancer or other skin related diseases. Genes are not a factor either since migration to the United States literally changes these health statistics within one generation. The contributing factors to skin cancer can directly be associated with vitamin and mineral deficiencies and lack of sunlight.

It is interesting to note that in the animal kingdom, humans are the only species that the sun seems to be 'harmful' to. Does this make sense? Since man seems to do everything he possibly can to interfere with natural biological function... (including mass industrial farming with pesticides and nutrient deflated soils, toxic medications and chemical food additives) it is not surprising that we are suffering from degenerative diseases and premature aging according to Robert Barefoot.

There are 'anti wrinkle cream' companies and 'sun screen' companies who have done an outstanding job convincing the general public that we should run screaming from the 'dangerous' effects of the sun. The opposite is true. The more we stay out of the sun the faster we age.

Although the Ozone layer has reportedly become thinner over the last few decades... there is still no substitute for the naturally beneficial effects of the sun. Sunlight is not only a natural antidepressant but without it, we would not be able to absorb even a fraction of our essential daily nutrients.

http://www.alternative-health-supple...vitamin_D.html

Originally Posted by Anya1976 The sun is responsible for sustaining life on the entire planet. Sun is absolutely crucial to our existence. Every hour out in the sun your body produces over 50,000 IU (International Units) of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium. In addtion, when the full spectrum of sunlight hits your eyes your body produces several hormones that regulate hundreds of body functions daily.
To interfere with this hormone production can be severely detrimental to your health. A vibrant flower, when removed from the sun will wilt and die. Unfortunately, people suffer from the same fate... just at a slower pace

You have been told by sunscreen companies (who want to sell more sunscreen) that the 'sun is bad for you'... How can this be? Life thrives in the sun and humans are no exception. Millions of species of plant and animal life spend 8 to 10 hours a day in the sun without one case of skin cancer. So what makes us so different? Why are we so afraid of the sun? Since we spend so little time out in the sun our skin has become very sensitive to sunlight - often giving us a sunburn for the first few days we are exposed to the sun. However, it is the lack of sun that causes this sensitivity, not the abundance of sun. Since we spend 99% of our day indoors... your roof actually acts as a sunscreen - blocking out the beneficial, life giving effects of the sun.

What the sunscreen companies don't tell you is that there is a 68% higher risk of skin cancer for those who use sunscreens. Without sunscreen your body produces all the necessary hormones to regulate body functions in perfect balance.. .Including the production of Vitamin D (essential for the absorption of calcium). When sunscreen is applied the natural balance of the full spectrum light becomes 'unnatural' and hormonal unbalance begins. Cancer is almost certain to occur when all the vital elements your body needs are not present, including the full spectrum of sunlight. So it goes, when man tries to outsmart nature - nature wins in the end.

NOTE: The use of sunscreen can be beneficial for the first few days of exposure to the sun to avoid sun burn, but after this it should not be applied

According to Robert R. Barefoot, the sun prevents ALL cancers... including skin cancer. Proof of this can be seen in certain cultures around the world who spend over eight hours a day totally exposed to the sun without one case of skin cancer or other skin related diseases. Genes are not a factor either since migration to the United States literally changes these health statistics within one generation. The contributing factors to skin cancer can directly be associated with vitamin and mineral deficiencies and lack of sunlight.

It is interesting to note that in the animal kingdom, humans are the only species that the sun seems to be 'harmful' to. Does this make sense? Since man seems to do everything he possibly can to interfere with natural biological function... (including mass industrial farming with pesticides and nutrient deflated soils, toxic medications and chemical food additives) it is not surprising that we are suffering from degenerative diseases and premature aging according to Robert Barefoot.

There are 'anti wrinkle cream' companies and 'sun screen' companies who have done an outstanding job convincing the general public that we should run screaming from the 'dangerous' effects of the sun. The opposite is true. The more we stay out of the sun the faster we age.

Although the Ozone layer has reportedly become thinner over the last few decades... there is still no substitute for the naturally beneficial effects of the sun. Sunlight is not only a natural antidepressant but without it, we would not be able to absorb even a fraction of our essential daily nutrients.

http://www.alternative-health-supple...vitamin_D.html

I've read about this, & I heard that to be true, about the sunscreens that are causing cancer - not the sun...Also they're linking the deodorants we use to breast cancer, because its applied & absorbed into the skin...I like Bob Barefoot, I find him very interesting & informative - I actually take his coral-calcium daily.

Originally Posted by K*O* I've read about this, & I heard that to be true, about the sunscreens that are causing cancer - not the sun...Also they're linking the deodorants we use to breast cancer, because its applied & absorbed into the skin...I like Bob Barefoot, I find him very interesting & informative - I actually take his coral-calcium daily. oh yea most definately vit. D is very important and we need it to help us.yea sunscreens aren't that great they filter out the sun and if people who don't go out in the sun often and when they are are covered from head to toe in spf 100 they are not getting any benefits at all.

yea i also heard that about deodorants and it scares the crap outta me.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh yea most definately vit. D is very important and we need it to help us.yea sunscreens aren't that great they filter out the sun and if people who don't go out in the sun often and when they are are covered from head to toe in spf 100 they are not getting any benefits at all.

yea i also heard that about deodorants and it scares the crap outta me.

Luckily, I've never used a sunscreen on my body - why would I want to block the sun, while trying to attain a tan...duh!! lolDeodorants aren't as bad as "anti-perspirants" - its the aluminum in them thats bad.

Originally Posted by K*O* Luckily, I've never used a sunscreen on my body - why would I want to block the sun, while trying to attain a tan...duh!! lolDeodorants aren't as bad as "anti-perspirants" - its the aluminum in them thats bad.

the first times i get out in the real sun i do use them especially on my face since it's more prone to getting pink than the rest of my body. I don't use broad spectrum SPF's either. the tanning oil i have from my tanning salon is only a spf of 2 then i usually layer my spf 0 oil over it. depending on how tan i am when i start tanning outside cus i generally am pretty dark by the time summer rolls around.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 the first times i get out in the real sun i do use them especially on my face since it's more prone to getting pink than the rest of my body. I don't use broad spectrum SPF's either. the tanning oil i have from my tanning salon is only a spf of 2 then i usually layer my spf 0 oil over it. depending on how tan i am when i start tanning outside cus i generally am pretty dark by the time summer rolls around. Actually, when I get a chance to relax....I don't use sunscreen, just a little spray oil without any SPF...I usually wear a visor & sunglasses - I prefer not tanning my face, haven't done that since I was about 17-18yrs old....I get way too dark, & I don't like that look on me... so I just use my makeup with a little bronzer...and Im set to go!!! See ya poolside..

Originally Posted by K*O* Actually, when I get a chance to relax....I don't use sunscreen, just a little spray oil without any SPF...I usually wear a visor & sunglasses - I prefer not tanning my face, haven't done that since I was about 17-18yrs old....I get way too dark, & I don't like that look on me... so I just use my makeup with a little bronzer...and Im set to go!!! my oils are spray oils i love them. i bought them at my tanning salon i have them in my outdoor tanning bag. in my indoor tanningbag i have like 25 lotions i should take a pic of all my stuff

Originally Posted by Anya1976 my oils are spray oils i love them. i bought them at my tanning salon i have them in my outdoor tanning bag. in my indoor tanningbag i have like 25 lotions i should take a pic of all my stuff You should !!!! I'm sure many would love to see them !

Originally Posted by K*O* You should !!!! I'm sure many would love to see them ! my stash is scary i have to carry it around in a backpack lol i have samples and bottles of lotions it's crazy i have like 6 pairs of eyewear. maybe i will do that tonight after i tan. i'll take pics of my lotions

Originally Posted by Anya1976 my stash is scary i have to carry it around in a backpack lol i have samples and bottles of lotions it's crazy i have like 6 pairs of eyewear. maybe i will do that tonight after i tan. i'll take pics of my lotions Whoa, Kool ....
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Whoa, Kool ....
tongue.gif
i get obsessed with stuff lol i just gave like 5 bottles of lotion away to friends

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i get obsessed with stuff lol i just gave like 5 bottles of lotion away to friends
icon_eek.gif
geez, you're generous !!! lol

Originally Posted by K*O*
icon_eek.gif
geez, you're generous !!! lol i always share samples too if it's something i know i won't use. i share.I dont use many tingles so that's mainly what i end up giving to people.

i like basic white lotions (no tingle no bronzer cosmectic bronzers are ok since i dn't have to worry about how i put them on since they just wash off in the shower)

Originally Posted by Liz lol! post pics ang! i will when i get home i am going to tan tonight (getting my free birthday tan) i don't wanna take everything out of my bag just to have to shove it in there again.

Hm, haven't heard that before ... not going to voice my opinion until I do more research
wink.gif
All I know is that I'm so pale and don't have a chance to tan anymore (due to jobs and school, not by choice) so that when I do go outside, if I don't wear sunscreen I get burnt in 15-20 minutes of direct mid-day sun, and I know sun burns can't be good for you ...

As for the deodorants / anti-perspirants, I've heard studies that say they cause breast cancer, and I've heard other studies that say there is no correlation between deodorant and cancer. I think you can find some study to prove anything can cause cancer anymore ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hm, haven't heard that before ... not going to voice my opinion until I do more research
wink.gif
All I know is that I'm so pale and don't have a chance to tan anymore (due to jobs and school, not by choice) so that when I do go outside, if I don't wear sunscreen I get burnt in 15-20 minutes of direct mid-day sun, and I know sun burns can't be good for you ...
As for the deodorants / anti-perspirants, I've heard studies that say they cause breast cancer, and I've heard other studies that say there is no correlation between deodorant and cancer. I think you can find some study to prove anything can cause cancer anymore ...
wink.gif

well sunscreen is good until you get some sort of tan but i wouldn't use a broad spectrum sunscreen. (the uvb rays are the burning ones so get something that blocks those)

Originally Posted by girl_geek I think you can find some study to prove anything can cause cancer anymore ...
wink.gif

yea no kidding walkin across the street might cause foot cancer
icon_rolleyes.gif

I totally agree with you and those are good points you made about the sun.

I have noticed a MASSIVE difference in the way i feel since i changed my dark heavy curtains to light bright curtains that let in the light. I agree that sunlinght is very important. Fanatsic Article! Thanks.

Originally Posted by Pauline I totally agree with you and those are good points you made about the sun.I have noticed a MASSIVE difference in the way i feel since i changed my dark heavy curtains to light bright curtains that let in the light. I agree that sunlinght is very important. Fanatsic Article! Thanks.

glad you liked it
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back