Sunscreen for face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what do you guys use? Is the SPF just in your daily moisturizer, or do you use something separately? I need one, but have oily, breakout prone skin, and am afraid to try just anything.

Honestly I don't use sunscreen unless I plan to be outside for a while (bad me!) but I normally spend my days locked up in the computer labs and only go outside to walk between classes.
wink.gif
I'm still pale as a ghost so I can't be getting that much sun! lol Anyways when I do go outside for a while I use Coppertone's Oil Free sunscreen, which was recommended by my dermatologist as the sunscreen he thought would be least likely to clog your pores
smile.gif

My foundation (Bare Essentials) has 15 SPF. That is really all that I use.

I also use BE foundation which has SPF 15...I love it!

But I do have an Oil of Olay moisturizer that I use during the winter. It has SPF (30 I think) and it hasn't ever broken me out!

My moisturizer has some, and so does the BE when I use that - otherwise... not much more for everyday. I like getting a little bit of color.
redface.gif

Here are some Q & A's in regards to sunscreen that may help you.

Does everyone need sunscreen?

Well, I almost say yes to this question, but NO. No, not everyone needs sunscreen. As a general rule, babies six months of age or younger should not have sunscreen applied to their skin because their bodies may not be capable of tolerating the chemicals in sunscreens. Instead, they should be clothed and shaded.

For adults, even if you have dark skin, you still need to use sunscreen. You might not get burn but ultraviolet rays can still cause damage, including photoaging and skin cancer.

How do I know what kind of sunscreen is good for me? Too many of them in the market, don't know what to buy anymore? Alcohol based, oil based or cream based? I have a simple rule for you. Look at your skin type. If you have oily skin or acne prone skin, stay with alcohol based or water based. Oil based sunscreens are better for normal to slightly dry skin. Cream based sunscreens are suitable for dry skin.

DDF products are pretty good and they have a sunscreen that you might be able to use. If you have a Sephora near by, maybe you can get a sample of it to try.

P1821_hero.jpg

Moisturizing Photo-Age Sunscreen SPF 30

A lightweight, easily-absorbed, moisturizing formula to help protect against premature aging caused by everyday exposure to the sun and environmental pollutants. Protects against UVA rays that cause long-term damage and UVB rays that cause burning. This non-greasy formula is excellent for all skin types including oily and acne-prone. May be used with or without makeup.

Latest posts

Back