Super-Size Me

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this last year sometime and it was an entertaining documentary which I didn't expect...I wondered what they would talk about for an hour and half when the subject matter was supersized Macdonalds - but they did a decent job! And it was motivational if anything
smile.gif

yeah i watched it and it was very intrested and nasty at the sametime! i was lol because his g/f didnt eat meat and everyday he was so he was grossing her out i thought it was funny

Yes, I have to admit that I gained important infomation from this documentary, but I also think that there are so many other things besides McDonald's that can give you health problems if they are consumed in mass amounts. This definitely made me rethink my eating habits, especially what and how much of it I eat.

Okay, admittedly, when I watched this with the hubby, I made him go to McDonald's at midnight to get me some fries! hehe So, obviously, I didn't learn nearly the lesson I was supposed to--and it's a heck of a lesson!

I found it hysterical when Morgan Spurlock was visiting the elementary school kids and showing photos of well-know individuals, and the only one all of the kids could identify was Ronald McDonald! But the best was when he showed a kid the photo of Jesus, and the kid answered that it was George Bush! Or vice versa...can't remember which order that was in, but at any rate, the kid thought George Bush was Jesus! Hysterical...the only difference between the two is that Jesus never confuses himself with George Bush...

Have a happy day!

Jen

Originally Posted by girl_geek Actually I don't really like most of McDonald's food, but I definitely have addictions to other fast foods (like Arby's Beef and Cheddar, and several items on the Taco Bell menu...)
My husband was very sad tonight that "Supersize Me" me didn't win the Oscar for Best Documentary, he thought it should have won.
frown.gif

I saw the movie 2 times once by myself, and once with my daughter. It was very interesting to watch! I love Taco Bell.. And think that it might be one the the healthier fast good. I also like Wendys, Sonics, and Subway. I do eat at Mcdonalds on ocassion but only when my roomie goes there and buys it.
smile.gif

AWESOME movie!! The DVD extras are great too--like the experiment that shows McDonald's fries have the shelf-life of carbon! Yuck!!!

Originally Posted by hissycat AWESOME movie!! The DVD extras are great too--like the experiment that shows McDonald's fries have the shelf-life of carbon! Yuck!!! OMG are you serious?!?!
Wait, isn't everything carbon....?

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed OMG are you serious?!?!

Well, all life on Earth are carbon-based lifeforms so yes I guess there is carbon in the french fries .... Anyways, on the DVD extra they did an experiment where they put a different McDonald's food in each glass bottle, and the french fries lasted for some crazy-long time like 6 months without even showing mold or anything, they *looked* like they had just come out of the box (who knows what they tasted like...) It's been a while since I saw the DVD so I don't remember the exact details of their little experiment...

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed OMG are you serious?!?!

Everything living is carbon based. I was being facetious.
satisfied.gif

The French fries were left out for a long time, months maybe? and never broke down, never changed in appearance, never looked any different from what they would hand you at the drive-thru. It was GROSS. Food is not supposed to behave that way!

Haven't eaten fast food since i was a little girl but now and again I buy if for my daughter. Shes in good shape so I guess once in a while to satisfy your craving wont hurt. I do crave those french fries sometimes though. I remember them being soooo yummy.

Back