Susan Powter: What ever happened to ...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>Look what I found ... </SMALL>

<SMALL></SMALL>

<SMALL>Whatever happened to Susan "Stop the Insanity!" Powter?</SMALL>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=que><SMALL>Megan

Daly City, California</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Dear Megan:</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD class=ans><SMALL>Like the affordable but cheaply made products they swear by, "infomercial personalities" aren't known for their shelf life. But then again, Susan Powter wasn't exactly your average huckster. In the `90s, the muscular blonde with the buzz cut was everywhere you looked, urging anyone who happened to be channel surfing at 2 a.m. to "stop the insanity" and buy her videos. So what's the former fitness icon up to now?

According to Ms. Powter's official site, she's still motivating women to get in shape, though these days on a more modest scale. Her most recent endeavors include a self-published book entitled "The Politics of Stupid" and a video called "Trailer Park Yoga." Intrigued by the video's title, we searched for some specifics but were met only with the promise that we'd never seen or done anything like it. Once a salesperson... This 2003 article explains that Powter took some time off from the fitness game to raise her third child, but now she's back, giving seminars and traveling around in her Winnebago. So while she's no longer a star on the ol' late-night infomercial circuit (instead we're stuck with Tony Little), she's definitely keeping busy. </SMALL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I recently saw her on VH1's new series "I Love The 90's" as a commentator.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back