• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Swap value question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is a used $25 bronzer a fair swap for a used $15 e/s? Bronzer has been used 4 times. e/s is loose and I'm not sure how used it is, but I'm told its full, so I guess its not THAT used. What do you think? is this fair?
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Is a used $25 bronzer a fair swap for a used $15 e/s? Bronzer has been used 4 times. e/s is loose and I'm not sure how used it is, but I'm told its full, so I guess its not THAT used. What do you think? is this fair?
icon_question.gif
If its what you really want - then go for it... but you'll be out $10 difference... up to you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(Sorry Im not much help lol)

some people arent dollar for dollar. it all depends on how much you want the e/s, how easily youre willing to let the bronzer go in general, and how swappable both items are. its up to you. id do it if id had the bronzer for a while and really wanted the e/s. then again, i dont have access to many brands so im not too picky.

I'm not too fussy when it comes to swaps, but some are dollar-for-dollar. The way I look @ it, if a swapper has something I want & I'm willing to let go of my pricier item, I'll finalize the swap. I had a swap elsewhere that wasn't described accurately on the other swapper's end, but I didn't care b/c it was something I wanted & my stuff was just sitting around going unused.

Good luck Tracey!

I ditto what Jasmine said.. It depends on how much you want the other item. I'm not really a dollar for dollar (or EURO for EURO) girl. If i want the persons item & have what they want, i'll be cool with that. I did a swap with a girl almost a year ago now & she was like ok so you're item is .80 less than mine so do you wanna include something else from your swaplist for me.. No kidding guys, 80cent! I did include something just for the sake of it but i won't swap with her again. That just takes the fun out of swapping!

Thanks for all your input ladies! I really appreciate it. I'm never a $ for $ swapper either, but I just thought that a $10 difference would be a bit much. Secondly, the person on the other end of the swap hasn't really swapped before so there's nothing to make me feel warm & fuzzy about swapping.
icon_confused.gif

Ugh, just leave it so Tracey if you've a feeling it aint gonna be fun. i hate those kinda swaps, it really takes the good out of swapping. I swapped with a newbie a few weeks ago and she sent her item out first. I mailed to tell her i received it (although she shipped it out 2 wks after she said she would) and i asked for her details She sent me her addy 2 weeks ago without a NAME. I've mailed her aabout 6 times since but she hasn't replied. Now i feel awkward coz i have her item sitting at home waiting to be sent. I had a feeling that this would be a crap swap & it turns out it was
frown.gif

Oh, that is crappy!! No name? I'd think she'd be anxious to respond so she can get her end.
icon_eek.gif
As for my swap, yeah, I think that I'm gonna pass on this one.

Originally Posted by Laura Ugh, just leave it so Tracey if you've a feeling it aint gonna be fun. i hate those kinda swaps, it really takes the good out of swapping. I swapped with a newbie a few weeks ago and she sent her item out first. I mailed to tell her i received it (although she shipped it out 2 wks after she said she would) and i asked for her details She sent me her addy 2 weeks ago without a NAME. I've mailed her aabout 6 times since but she hasn't replied. Now i feel awkward coz i have her item sitting at home waiting to be sent. I had a feeling that this would be a crap swap & it turns out it was
frown.gif

Ya, that's what i thought too.. I emailed her again today coz i don't want her sitting, waiting for the package when i havent even sent it yet. Just wish she's bloody reply! Go with your gut istinct girlie. Someone else surely will have the shadow you're looking for
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse laura, would you pm me with the name of the 80 cent girl? i just need to know. lol. Me too! She'll be 80cent instead of 50cent in my book.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Me too! She'll be 80cent instead of 50cent in my book.
icon_rolleyes.gif
lol. 80cent. thats exactly what i was thinking.

Latest posts

Back