Swapping HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello girls =)

Just a quick question for those of you who have swapped on here before. What is the cheapest way to send out an item?

I recently swapped 2 of my own items and ended up paying 75 cents for each bubble mailer and about $2 for each for the postage. I know it isn't much but to me the point of a swap is that you didn't have to actually spend any money. I asked the lady at the post office if I could have just used regular envelopes but she said no because they would easily tear with a bulky object.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

75cents for bubble mailer and 2$ for each of the postage isn't much at all.

There is no way around not paying postage or for the envelopes or mailers.

Unless you are trading/swapping with someone you know in person, then you will have to pay those fees.

I can't really think of any way around it either. You can get the price of mailers down by buying in bulk if you see yourself doing a lot of swaps, but if this is only an occasional thing then it wouldn't be worth it and better to pay the 75 cents. And the postage is what it is.

If you cant afford to ship properly, dont swap. You will end up with negative  and neutral tokens because you were trying to cut corners. Swapping allows you to save money, but it will not eliminate cost. Bubble mailers are about $1 each in dollar tree and shipping starts at about $1.75. I always recommend using delivery confirmation.

Shipping in a regular envelope means the product being sent through the sorter which means instant damage.

Definitely go to Dollar Tree for bubble mailers, and KEEP your bubble wrap & bw envelopes from your orders coming in. I always do and wind up always having enough packaging materials for swaps, sending gifts to friends, etc. Just cover the old address label & stamp with a sheet of paper on the front. Easy & cheap/free, other than shipping. I now ship everything from the US because we get seriously screwed for shipping fees and have the worst bloody postal system and service in Canada. I swear 3rd world & developing countries that I've lived in have MUCH better postal service than Canada. If you live in the US, be thankful for your postal service. Because ours sucks goats b@lls!

Thank you for the suggestions =)

I NEVER said I couldn't afford it. I simply asked if there were any ways to make it a bit cheaper.

There have been times I have gotten items in a regular envelope and a torn corner here and there have never been an issue for me.. as long as the item itself isn't damaged.

Reusing bubble mailers sounds like a great idea!

Latest posts

Back