SweetPea & Fay swatches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are the swatches I promised, took the pic outside in the shade:
I used a lip brush to draw the letters ("M" for merry widow & "P" for penelope) and brushed the excess underneath each color to show how it looks lightly applied. #NoFilter #NoPrimer

Ooh those are nice!  I can't wait to see the rest of the line!  They look so creamy and rich and pretty!

Ooh, Penelope looks so much prettier in person! I can't wait!! As soon as mine come in, the swatching party will begin! She shipped them 1-3 day first class, so I'm hoping I'll have them by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Later today I'll swatch the 4 I have already: Big Parade, Mermaid's Kiss, Cannoli, and Heliotrope.

Ok, so here are swatches of the 4 colors that I have. I did them a little thick so you can see how creamy they are. These are in bathroom light and it's pretty close to real life.
From left to right: Heliotrope, Cannoli, Big Parade, Mermaid's Kiss

I'm a little late posting, but guess what I got?!? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From Left to Right

Top: Yeti, The Gilded Lady, Ominous

Middle: Tea Cups, Beluga, Ukulele, Jail Bird, Paper Cut, Willa

Bottom: Musidora, Penelope, Foxfire, Merry Widow

YAY!!! I'm so beyond excited!! I now have every color they offer, with the exception of Crazy Cab, Scuba Gear, and Nordic, plus 3 from the Etui collection, which as of last month is no longer available (although you might be able to get them from Amazon or another of their third party retailer). They also included a hand written note, along with all 8 of the original colors I had requested, plus the 5 that I requested for my extras. I posted the note and more about all that in the other thread, but their definitely redeemed in my book. And nooooowwww, SWATCHES!! Ohhhhh yay!! I wish I had had a better lighting situation, but most of them are pretty true to life.

From left to right: Tea Cups, Beluga, Jail Bird, Paper Cut, Willa

Willa looks a little more wine colored in this pic, but IRL it's a little lighter and more mauvey. 

From left to right: Yeti, The Gilded Lady, Ominous, Musidora, Penelope, Foxfire, Merry Widow

All these are pretty true to life except Foxfire, which is a really pretty vibrant orange, but the pic doesn't really do its vibrancy much justice. 

Sorry for my terrible swatching! I was in a bit of a hurry. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

AH these are all so pretty! I have a whole list of these I must have.

I just ordered Big Parade & Penelope off Amazon this morning...and they've already shipped! 
smile.gif

OMG! Those are really nice! I can't contain my eyes - I don't know what colour I like best! 
11dh.gif
  They're all look really nice! Ooops, I'm getting redundant, aren't I? â€‹
laughno.gif

Yeti and Omnious look really good. I know it's not a traditional color but for an editorial look those would be perfect.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeti and Omnious look really good. I know it's not a traditional color but for an editorial look those would be perfect.
Ominous is really nice! It's really super creamy and it has just enough shine that it gives my lips a cool patent-leathery kind of look. Definitely not for everyday, but it's more wearable than it seems. Yeti is more matte, but still super creamy. The Gilded Lady is also unexpectedly nice! If I had only had it just a week earlier, it so would have gotten worn to see Rocky Horror! SP&F are right about their crazy shades being "Strangely Wearable," they totally are! I think my favorite right now is Musidora, but I haven't gotten into the lighter, brighter shades quite as much since it's fall/winter/whatever the heck crazy weather season is happening right now. 

I am wearing Mermaid's Kiss in my profile pic, and the photo was taken after having it on for about an hour and a half to 2 hours. A true testament to the staying power of these puppies!

Latest posts

Back