Quantcast

Tanning Bed lotion

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I started tanning in a tanning bed. And I wanted to know what the best type of tanning bed lotions there are. I have seen a few girls have halo.



I don't know much about lotions. Do you have to be careful with the lotions that have bronzer in it? Any information would help me out.

Also do the after tanning lotions work...they say they help keep your tan longer. If so what would you recommend?

By the way this is my first post. I have been reading everyones posts for awhile.


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by RaeLynn Hello,I started tanning in a tanning bed. And I wanted to know what the best type of tanning bed lotions there are. I have seen a few girls have halo.



I don't know much about lotions. Do you have to be careful with the lotions that have bronzer in it? Any information would help me out.

Also do the after tanning lotions work...they say they help keep your tan longer. If so what would you recommend?

By the way this is my first post. I have been reading everyones posts for awhile.


Welcome Raelynn! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
I've worked at a few tanning salons, and there are so many lotions out that it can get crazy trying to find the right one for you. But check out this thread HERE - maybe it will help you out....
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
halo has an spf in it. so to me that's counter productive especially if you are taking your time getting color. believe is a good DS lotion that's like 45 dollars.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
what lines does your salon carry? cal tan designer skin cal tan supre australian gold swedish beauty john abate?

a really great supre lotion is shift it has no bronzer no tingle in it and it's SOOO moisturizing it's great for those with dry skin.

 
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
NYAngel98…thanks for the welcome and it is nice to meet you too

I have already checked out that thread.<O
</O


I guess I just don’t really understand what the bronzer does. I don’t want to use a lotion the will leave steaks. <O
</O


Anya1976: the salon I go to carries so many products that’s why I didn’t know what to buy and they are so expensive too. I was going to buy a tanning lotion off of e-bay b/c they are like half of what the salons sell them for.<O
</O


<O
</O


Thanks for the info


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by RaeLynn NYAngel98…thanks for the welcome and it is nice to meet you too
I have already checked out that thread.<O
</O


I guess I just don’t really understand what the bronzer does. I don’t want to use a lotion the will leave steaks. <O
</O


Anya1976: the salon I go to carries so many products that’s why I didn’t know what to buy and they are so expensive too. I was going to buy a tanning lotion off of e-bay b/c they are like half of what the salons sell them for.<O
</O


<O
</O


Thanks for the info


it depends on the bronzer if it will leave streaks most bronzers are cosmetic and will wash off in the shower (so they just color the skin for a little while) if the bronzer is a dihydroxiacetone or DHA bronzer they color the skin like a self tanner does.and depending on how much bronzer is in the lotion that determins how you need to apply it.

i have never tried halo so i don't know if it has a dha bronzer or a cosmetic bronzer in it.

My fave tanning lotion line is california tan and i use their lotions often. when you are looking on ebay look for the words dha or dihydroxiacetone if it's listed if there is a lot of DHA the lotion could break down and turn to water and lotions with dha only last about 6 months so it's best to get your lotions at the salon. or from a website where you could be sure that the lotions you are buying are fresh.

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
angela is probably the tanning expert. lol. but i use "drama queen" because it has hemp in it which i heard it is supposed to be good since it's moisturizing.

i personally don't want lotions that have bronzers because i don't want the chance of streaking or getting a weird color. especially since i can't reach some parts of my upper back too well. lol


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Angie's right... you have to look at the ingredients - I find a lot of lotions with DHA leave me with a longer lasting "self tanner" effect, and I hate that - no matter how evenly I put it on, depending on the texture of your skin, it can turn out streaky - especially around drier areas, knees, elbows, and the backs of your heels. I myself don't really like bronzers. Tingle lotions are nice in the fact that they DO tend to get you a darker tan somewhat faster... but you have to find a lotion with a tingle factor that you are comfortable with. Start off with a lower level - and work your way up. I like Supre lotions, and in particular ... lotions containing hemp oil. I really like the moisturizing properties. I think that as far as an after tan lotion - anything that keeps your skin hydrated will help prolong your color. Your tan fades as your skin cells regenerate, so keeping your skin soft and moist will help keep the color longer. I like Hemps moisturizer lotion, as well as Angel. Body Drench makes a nice one as well.


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
I use tingles bronzers and pretty much every kind of lotion. I get great color but it does depend on what you use on your skin all the time that can have major effects on it. what kind of moisturizer are you using? lots of drugstore lotions contain ingrediants that lighten your skin or even have hidden spf's in there so they will block your color.

Using shower gels are better than using bar soaps since they don't dry your skin like bar soaps do.

shaving your legs B4 you tan instead of after (since when you shave you exfoliate that layer of skin and if you JUST tanned you are taking away that layer of skin you JUST tanned)

exfoliate your skin once every two weeks for best color.

moisturize morning and night.

if you use bronzers on moisturized skin you will not streak (if they are applied evenly) i am usually pretty sloppy with my applications but generally the lotions i use don't have much bronzer in them so i don't streak.

and if you put your facial lotion on first and rub the excess into your hands the dha from bronzers won't absorb like crazy and give you discolored palms. (these are little tips i have picked up over the years)

how much of a tan do you have if you don't have a good base you shouldn't use a tingle anyway. since when you tan your skin gets thicker and can handle a little more stimulation like with a tingle lotion. one of the more mild tingles is supre's heated shift i didn't think it was that much of a tingle. but even if you do try a tingle i would suggest onlyusing it on your legs first so you know what the sensation is all about cus if you use it all over your body you might get too warm and might be a little freaked out by the redness and tingling sensation.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Anya1976 but even if you do try a tingle i would suggest onlyusing it on your legs first so you know what the sensation is all about cus if you use it all over your body you might get too warm and might be a little freaked out by the redness and tingling sensation. LOL yup - always a good idea.... lol The first time I used John Abate's "Mango Flambe'" from the Cote d'Azur line - (even after using tingle lotions regularly) I was so red and dark that I looked like I had gotten beat up! LOL now THAT is a lotion you should try Angela... that stuff is really good - will make anyone dark in no time... but the tingle effects are kinda intense for a little while! LOL
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LOL yup - always a good idea.... lol The first time I used John Abate's "Mango Flambe'" from the Cote d'Azur line - (even after using tingle lotions regularly) I was so red and dark that I looked like I had gotten beat up! LOL now THAT is a lotion you should try Angela... that stuff is really good - will make anyone dark in no time... but the tingle effects are kinda intense for a little while! LOL
i've actually used that one. i've used lots of different lotions. and i don't think that using a tingle really matters much it's the beds that you use. i havebeen using HP beds alot lately and my tan is KICKIN .
and here is a lotion site that you can check out different lotions on

click here

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Anya1976 i've actually used that one. i've used lots of different lotions. and i don't think that using a tingle really matters much it's the beds that you use. i havebeen using HP beds alot lately and my tan is KICKIN .
and here is a lotion site that you can check out different lotions on

click here

Yup agree with ya on that! I've been using the Futuresun HP lately - woah that baby gets HOT!
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yup agree with ya on that! I've been using the Futuresun HP lately - woah that baby gets HOT!
i've been usig the p90 at my salon it's awesome


or i use the S class the s class isn't HP but it has like 3 mins of facial tanning after the bed shuts off



but i do have to cut back on the expensive beds i have points but if i keep using them on the big beds i will only be able to use the cheap beds (since with my membership i get to use those "free" ones without points or upgrade fees)

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Dayum! I wish my salon had that first one! that thing looks like a spaceship! LOL


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Here's the FutureSun...



Those HP bulbs are great! In the salon I worked for, our facial tanners had the HP bulbs... now I think they finally got the HP beds... figures, Once I can't tan for free they decide to upgrade! LOL I go somewhere else though - more beds available, better packages/prices....


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Dayum! I wish my salon had that first one! that thing looks like a spaceship! LOL
yea it's a great bed no flipping 12 mins
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Here's the FutureSun...


Those HP bulbs are great! In the salon I worked for, our facial tanners had the HP bulbs... now I think they finally got the HP beds... figures, Once I can't tan for free they decide to upgrade! LOL I go somewhere else though - more beds available, better packages/prices....


all the beds at my salon have facial lamps which are great.makes it easier cusi like my face dark
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Anya1976 all the beds at my salon have facial lamps which are great.makes it easier cusi like my face dark well we had them in the facial part of the beds.... just not the ENTIRE top of the bed... But our facial tanners (just the partials - that are for face only) they had like 3 of the HP bulbs...
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
my salon has had HP beds since day 1 which i reallyliked they've gone thru different ones we used to have the omega which was awesome but they put in the sunboard and now the p90

 
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
thanks so much...all of you have been so helpful

after looking at all the information I don't think I want to use Halo any more. I don't think I want a lotion that has a bronzer it in b/c I don't want to have to worry about streaks...I just want an enhancer

I know you mentioned Angel as a good after tanner and I know my salon has that, so I may try that

 
Top