Quantcast

Teeth Whitening

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
1
Has anyone had their teeth professionaly whitened?

This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. I can not use the OTC stuff becuase my one front tooth, half of it is fake. I don't think it will bleach correctly with the OTC stuff. I've gone for a consultation and that tooth would have to get a veneer put on it.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are? Experiences?

Thanks.

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by redrocks Has anyone had their teeth professionaly whitened?
This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. I can not use the OTC stuff becuase my one front tooth, half of it is fake. I don't think it will bleach correctly with the OTC stuff. I've gone for a consultation and that tooth would have to get a veneer put on it.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are? Experiences?

Thanks.

I desperately want to get my whitened. but I have the same problem as you, only that my whole front tooth is fake (it´s a crown-is that the right word?) so I´d have to get a veneer for that too and then bleach the rest of my teeth.
but: that means once you get the veneer you´ll always have to bleach, b/c if your other teeth go back to their natural color the front tooth with the veneer will stand out, right?

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Originally Posted by Arielle

I desperately want to get my whitened. but I have the same problem as you, only that my whole front tooth is fake (it´s a crown-is that the right word?) so I´d have to get a veneer for that too and then bleach the rest of my teeth.
but: that means once you get the veneer you´ll always have to bleach, b/c if your other teeth go back to their natural color the front tooth with the veneer will stand out, right?




OH man, I have one crown on my top back farthest tooth. OH did that hurt to put that one. It's my only major dentistry work I have in my mouth.
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OH man, I have one crown on my top back farthest tooth. OH did that hurt to put that one. It's my only major dentistry work I have in my mouth. yep that hurts. but I had really really bad luck with mine: I tripped over the stair when I was 13 and the lower half of my front tooth fell off. since you can´t get a crown before all your teeth have developed (dunno how to describe that) the dentist just put a fake bottom part on my front toot. the upper part had gotten dark grey (!) because the root of the tooth was already dead.
great, huh, I had to live with that till I was 16-the dentist wouldn´t give me a crown before that. damn, those teenage years sucked. I didn´t smile a lot


 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Thanks goodness i never had a cavity or any dental work done except for annual cleanings.I would like to try whitning just cause i want that star smile


 
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
1
Arielle-

I had the same thing with the front tooth. I was babysitting and the kid was sitting on my lap and shot up real quick. Split the bottom part of the tooth right off. Luckily mine didn't change color and I haven't had a crown. Just whatever they did to repair the tooth. Enamel maybe? I don't know.

I was told the Brite Smile would last a minum of 18 months before you would start to see a gradual change. Plus they give you products to use at home if you want to keep the white color as needed.

 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
1
I sometimes use something i bought of QVC called rapid white but i am going to invest in a new Sonic toothbrush.Sonic cleaning also whiten's your teeth.

Could your dentist not put a new whiter tooth in for you so you could use normal whitening products> Maybe you would prefer the professional whitening done but would the tooth you mentioned still need to be done separately?

 
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
0
I have professional bleach trays that I received from my entist but they were expensive and I dont think that they are any better than using the Colgate whitening system!

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
I've done the zoom laser whitening...my BF has too, but it only works on natural teeth...he had veneers put on and they told him to get the laser first so they can figure out what color veneers to put on. The laser and other whitening processes do not whiten veneers or crowns.

 
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi I've done the zoom laser whitening...my BF has too, but it only works on natural teeth...he had veneers put on and they told him to get the laser first so they can figure out what color veneers to put on. The laser and other whitening processes do not whiten veneers or crowns. how were the results, were you pleased with them?how long do they last?

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
I was really pleased with the results...very white-almost too white for a while! I became very careful about everything, like drinking cranberry juice through a straw all the time and stuff like that. So it's still sparkling white, I guess it depends on how you take care of your teeth.

 
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by envymi I was really pleased with the results...very white-almost too white for a while! I became very careful about everything, like drinking cranberry juice through a straw all the time and stuff like that. So it's still sparkling white, I guess it depends on how you take care of your teeth. hm, i think i will ask my dentist about that. I used nite white with trays and even right after the treatment the teeth were significantly whiter but not as white as i expected (like you put it - sparkly white
). do you ever drink coffee and tea? i love coffee so much and i guess this makes my case even more difficult.

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by vanilla_sky hm, i think i will ask my dentist about that. I used nite white with trays and even right after the treatment the teeth were significantly whiter but not as white as i expected (like you put it - sparkly white
). do you ever drink coffee and tea? i love coffee so much and i guess this makes my case even more difficult.

I don't drink coffee at all, but I do drink tea sometimes, just never black tea-only herbal.
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
When I ws about 13 or 14 I got hit in the mouth with a raquetball racket. I chipped almost 1/3 of one of my front teeth and a corner of the other front tooth. Also small chips from the teeth on either side of my front teeth. After years of redoing the bonding (from stains and discoloration) I decided to get porcelain veneers. First I had trays made and bleached my teeth then I had the veneers put on. I have never been so happy with my smile in my life. They look wonderful. I simply use the bleach about once every 6 months or so to keep the coffee and red wine stains away from the rest of my natural teeth. It was kind of expensive but the results are wonderful. My dentist did a fantastic job. I still haven't found my digital camera from when I moved 8 months ago but when I do I'll post some pictures.

I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to bleach or veneers to do it but remember your teeth can look really phony if they are too white. Some of the celebrities out there look ridiculous. You are supposed to notice a beautiful smile not white teeth!

 

Latest posts

Top