Ten Best Fashion Splurges

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone might benefit from reading if you haven't already done some of these:

http://women.msn.com/138781.armx

<TABLE class=aTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 vAlign=bottom align=left>Ten Best Fashion Splurges

</TD><TD class=td2 vAlign=bottom align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

By Lisa Kovalovich

<TABLE class=aInsert cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1>
EQC5W6~MI_5I,FT6SVIUY~.jpg
More links from LHJ.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Even if you keep to a strict clothing budget, you can (and should!) justify spending more on certain items, for their quality and timeless style. Investing in a few quality pieces could actually save you money over the long haul. Here, ten pieces that are worth every penny:

1. A sturdy leather tote. Pick one in a wearable shade (black, tan, gray, red, or orange) that works with your whole wardrobe. A tote can be used for work, weekends -- even the gym.

2. Basic black loafers. A classic style, loafers always look polished and go with both skirts and pants.

3. A cashmere sweater. Think of it as a blanket you can curl up in on cold winter days. Look for a high-ply cashmere (it's the thickest and warmest).

4. Diamond studs. Cubic zirconias can look great, but real diamonds -- even when small -- sparkle best.

5. A cashmere or wool coat. If properly taken care of, a cashmere or wool coat can last countless seasons. Buy a mid-length one that falls between mid-thigh and knees. It's the most versatile.

6. Seamless bras. No matter how expensive your clothes, they'll look lumpy and too-small if worn with the wrong bra. Shop around for a seamless version that gives you the support you need, then stock up.

7. Great jeans. There's a reason celebrities spend over $100 on a pair of jeans: They know that the pair that makes your derriere look terrific is worth it! Spend a Saturday trying different pairs until you find one that works for your body.

8. A leather jacket. This season, bombers are in style; a more classic, belted version is a wise buy, too.

9. One great dress. It doesn't have to be black, it just has to make you feel confident and look stunning. Choose one that's appropriate for work, but can also be dressed up for nighttime.

10. A professional suit. It makes you look instantly polished and requires nearly zero thought on a busy morning.

Great list Gail,

These top my list:

1. A sturdy leather tote. I have several in neutral colors that go with anything

4. Diamond studs. These are a great investment and go with practically anything!!

7. Great jeans. One of my most important pieces. A pair of nice fitting jeans are priceless and versatile. A real investment!!

8. A leather jacket. I have a nice fitted short black one that goes great with most outfits

I just got into high-end denim & am a total convert. I even got my cousin to invest in a pair of James Jeans & she's slowly becoming addicted.
eek.gif

Still haven't splurged on diamond studs b/c I love all my pearls, but now that I've completed that collection, I'm saving for a substantial pair.
wink.gif

Well let's see, I have a leather coat, suit (for job interviews
wink.gif
), black loafers, and all my bras are seamless -- I *hate* having any sort of seam or colored bra showing through shirts!

As for jeans.... I found the most amazing jeans (for my figure) at Kohl's for only $15 on sale, under $30 regular priced! The brand is called "SO", and the style I bought has a slight flare, the waist sits just below my belly button (I also hate super-low jeans) and they fit my bottom perfectly.
wink.gif
I came home for Christmas wearing those jeans, a pair of non-chunky black boots (most of my shoes are several years old and very chunky; I'm slowly replacing them!) and a fitted sweater and my mom was amazed at how good and grown-up I looked!
biggrin.gif

I'm still not sure that real diamonds are necessary... the jewelry I wore at our wedding had Austrian crystals and it sparkled like mad! But maybe someday when we're rich I might get some diamond studs -- right now the diamond on my left hand is enough diamond for me!
wink.gif

So I guess I have 5/10 things on the list, not bad for me considering I just recently started transitioning from a college-student wardrobe to a more professional look!
smile.gif

Nice notepad Girl Geek! Now all we need is a pic for your avatar!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek

Well let's see, I have a leather coat, suit (for job interviews
wink.gif
), black loafers, and all my bras are seamless -- I *hate* having any sort of seam or colored bra showing through shirts!
As for jeans.... I found the most amazing jeans (for my figure) at Kohl's for only $15 on sale, under $30 regular priced! The brand is called "SO", and the style I bought has a slight flare, the waist sits just below my belly button (I also hate super-low jeans) and they fit my bottom perfectly.
wink.gif
I came home for Christmas wearing those jeans, a pair of non-chunky black boots (most of my shoes are several years old and very chunky; I'm slowly replacing them!) and a fitted sweater and my mom was amazed at how good and grown-up I looked!
biggrin.gif

I'm still not sure that real diamonds are necessary... the jewelry I wore at our wedding had Austrian crystals and it sparkled like mad! But maybe someday when we're rich I might get some diamond studs -- right now the diamond on my left hand is enough diamond for me!
wink.gif

So I guess I have 5/10 things on the list, not bad for me considering I just recently started transitioning from a college-student wardrobe to a more professional look!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Everyone might benefit from reading if you haven't already done some of these:
http://women.msn.com/138781.armx

<TABLE class=aTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 vAlign=bottom align=left>Ten Best Fashion Splurges

</TD><TD class=td2 vAlign=bottom align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

By Lisa Kovalovich

<TABLE class=aInsert cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1>
EQC5W6~MI_5I,FT6SVIUY~.jpg
More links from LHJ.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Even if you keep to a strict clothing budget, you can (and should!) justify spending more on certain items, for their quality and timeless style. Investing in a few quality pieces could actually save you money over the long haul. Here, ten pieces that are worth every penny:

1. A sturdy leather tote. Pick one in a wearable shade (black, tan, gray, red, or orange) that works with your whole wardrobe. A tote can be used for work, weekends -- even the gym.

2. Basic black loafers. A classic style, loafers always look polished and go with both skirts and pants.

3. A cashmere sweater. Think of it as a blanket you can curl up in on cold winter days. Look for a high-ply cashmere (it's the thickest and warmest).

4. Diamond studs. Cubic zirconias can look great, but real diamonds -- even when small -- sparkle best.

5. A cashmere or wool coat. If properly taken care of, a cashmere or wool coat can last countless seasons. Buy a mid-length one that falls between mid-thigh and knees. It's the most versatile.

6. Seamless bras. No matter how expensive your clothes, they'll look lumpy and too-small if worn with the wrong bra. Shop around for a seamless version that gives you the support you need, then stock up.

7. Great jeans. There's a reason celebrities spend over $100 on a pair of jeans: They know that the pair that makes your derriere look terrific is worth it! Spend a Saturday trying different pairs until you find one that works for your body.

8. A leather jacket. This season, bombers are in style; a more classic, belted version is a wise buy, too.

9. One great dress. It doesn't have to be black, it just has to make you feel confident and look stunning. Choose one that's appropriate for work, but can also be dressed up for nighttime.

10. A professional suit. It makes you look instantly polished and requires nearly zero thought on a busy morning.

I agree with this list only you don't have the basic little black dress for parties. Only I would not have a little black dress I would have a red or pink only because I don't like to wear black all the time do to the fact that I would need a small tan to look good
And on the studs, they are even better for you if they were a gift from you to you !Then you got what you wanted and what looks best for you. I just bought my first pair of diamond studs and I could never wear fake again!!

Latest posts

Back