Teriyaki Marinade

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok..I'm sharing my secret receipe so remember me when you're enjoying your food..Can be used on any type of meat or vegetables:

1/2 c.Kikkoman soysauce(low-sodium soy can be substituted..I specify Kikkoman as I think it has the best flavor

1 c.Beef Boullion(cube or powder form follow directions for dissolving..Not canned as it doesn't give the right flavour..Vegetable broth can be substituted for you Vegetarians)

2-3 cloves crushed garlic

2 tsps lemon juice

1 Tbsp brown sugar(can substitute 1/4 c.sweetened pineapple juice for a Hawaiian twist)

2Tbsps oil either vegetable or olive(whichever you prefer)

Ingredients can be mixed in whatever container you're marinading in..Do not reuse marinade that has had meat in it
wink.gif

Thanks Allison!!! I LOVE Teriyaki! Once I try this I will let you know--sounds yummy!!

Originally Posted by allisong Ok..I'm sharing my secret receipe so remember me when you're enjoying your food..Can be used on any type of meat or vegetables:
1/2 c.Kikkoman soysauce(low-sodium soy can be substituted..I specify Kikkoman as I think it has the best flavor

1 c.Beef Boullion(cube or powder form follow directions for dissolving..Not canned as it doesn't give the right flavour..Vegetable broth can be substituted for you Vegetarians)

2-3 cloves crushed garlic

2 tsps lemon juice

1 Tbsp brown sugar(can substitute 1/4 c.sweetened pineapple juice for a Hawaiian twist)

2Tbsps oil either vegetable or olive(whichever you prefer)

Ingredients can be mixed in whatever container you're marinading in..Do not reuse marinade that has had meat in it
wink.gif

I'm appreciating this one! It's going in my quickie recipes book. I love terriaki chicken!!! I'm laughing because I think the mom in you comes out in this line: "Do not reuse marinade that has had meat in it." Giggle.Ty Alli
00mut6.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian I'm appreciating this one! It's going in my quickie recipes book. I love terriaki chicken!!! I'm laughing because I think the mom in you comes out in this line: "Do not reuse marinade that has had meat in it." Giggle.Ty Alli
00mut6.jpg

Ummm you caught me with the Mommy alert..LOL You wouldn't believe how many people use their left over marinade to put on other food..you shouldn't even use it for basting.A varitable germ play ground and some food poisoning just waiting to happen.Always make extra..I always double or even triple the receipe when I make .

if you boil the marinade for 2 min, it can be used again as a marinade or for sauce. i always make sauce out if mine.
smile.gif

i have had the same char siu "master" sauce going for about 3 years now. i boil the leftovers and freeze them, and new ingredients to it each time it use it.

Latest posts

Back