The 14 Best New Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The 14 Best New Perfumes

From Elizabeth Waverly,Your Guide to Beauty. About.com

A list of the hottest new scents for spring & summer

Every season a new rash of fragrances hit the market. So which ones are worth the bucks? I've read the magazines, sniffed the perfumes & given them a test run & these are the 14 best new (and not so new) fragrances for spring & summer.

Added bonus: Read on to the bottom to get an expert tip on how to make fragrance last without fumigating everyone on the elevator.

[*]elizabeth W Magnolia Eau de Parfum The minute I smelled this fragrance in Anthropologie, I knew I had to buy it. Light & airy, it smelled of romantic summer nights in the Old South. And the price was just right: $28. Ingredients: White magnolia petals deepened with saffron and sandalwood and mingled with Riviera mimosa and gardenia.

[*]Acqua di Parma's Iris Nobile Sienna Miller is apparently a huge fan of this first fragrance just for women from world-renowned Acqua di Parma. And it's no wonder why. The notes of mandarin & bergamot keep this sweet, floral fragrance crisp, but not syrupy. Pricey, but worth it at $118.

[*]Bulgari Blu Notte THis latest fragrance from Bulgari was meant to be worn after dark. Blue Notte's blend of galanga, iris & dark chocolate embodies 'refined seduction, along with the mystery of the night,' according to the company.$48.

[*]Stila Midnight Bloom Another perfume perfect for the night, Stila's new Midnight Bloom is a mix of sweet fig, sandalwood & golden amber that 'mesmerizes under the moonlight, leaving you spinning.' OK. Anyway, it's $50. Not bad at all. And testers at Allure magazine gave it high marks claiming it smells like spring.

[*]Thierry Mugler Violet, Peony & Lily ($60 each) Thierry Mugler Angel is a legendary fragrance, but if its rich, gourmand notes are too bold for your taste, try one of his 3 lighter Angels that recently fell to earth. There's Violet, Lily, & Peony. Their bottles are as gorgeous as the original.

[*]Gap Scent Editions perfume oils Customized fragrances aren't just for the rich anymore. At Gap, you can mix & match 12 single-note aromas to come up with your perfect scent. 'People have always been interested in personalized scents,' says Rochelle Bloom of the Fragrance Foundation to InStyle magazine. 'They used to be elitist, but now scents are available to everyone.'

[*]Moschino Couture In an InStyle Magazine interview, actress Mena Suvari said her signature scent is this one. "I've always been drawn to fragrances that are musky & spicy," she says. "I've been wearing Moschino Couture for a year, and it's amazing. I've only met like, two people who even know what it is. But whenever I wear it people always come straight out and ask, 'What are you wearing?' I love that." You'll love how affordable this perfume is.

[*]Pink by Nanadabary If Madonna is more your icon, you might want to check out one of the fragrances she wears. Pink is a warm Oriental scent featuring nutmeg, coriander & bourbon vanilla notes. Another pricey perfume at $125.

[*]Gucci Envy Me Want to make a fashion statement with your perfume? Try this new fragrance from Gucci. Housed in a logo-adorned bottle, this peony-and-pomegranate scent looks just as fresh as it smells.

[*]Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil To formulate the company's new fragrance, Hermes' perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena turned to the understated glamour of the souks in the city of Aswan, along the Nile. The result is a blend of notes found on the riverbanks of the Nile, green mango, lotus blossoms & cassia tree leaves. $125.

[*]Island Michael Kors Inspired by Kors' travels to exotic, beachy locales, Island 'is transports you with one spray,' says the designer. His new fragrance blends honeysuckle, Chinese kiwi & Bulgarian rose to create a light but sophisticated impression.

[*]Flowerbomb from Viktor & Rolf Dutch designers Viktor & Rolf are known for their clothes designed for fashion intellectuals who want to be noticed. Now there's a fragrance to match their clothes. Flowerbomb is potent, powerful & rose heavy.

[*]Santa Maria Novella's perfumes The best perfume is the Melograno Acqua di Colonia. It's fresh & glamorous.

[*]Guerlain L'Heure Bleu The perfect hint of Bergamot & vanilla. $52.

Bonus tip: How to make fragrance last without fumigating everyone on the elevator. spray perfume on the back of your wrists, knees & neck. And never rub, because rubbing crushes the molecules of the fragrance & ruins the scent. Some beauty editors only spritz the inner elbows & behind the knees. Why? The fragrance stays a little moist & fragrance works best just a little bit humid.

<!--/gc-->

well theres a few more for the wishlist! id really like to try island by michael kors, as im a huge fan of michael. its not my usual sort of perfume, but its lovely.

the notes in midnight bloom are all up my alley, but i thought it was kind of blah. nothing in particular stuck out, and it was really light and boring all around.
frown.gif

ive only been able to smell a scent strip of flowerbomb, and i didnt care for it. maybe it was the heavy patchouli. i thought it was similar to the prada edp.

I think I may have to check out Stila's new one. I have one of theirs and I love it.

Flowerbomb is my signature scent at the moment, but I wouldn't mind trying Midnight Bloom. I love fig scents. I got my mum Philosykos by Diptyque and always regretted not getting it for myself.

Any new perfumes you ladies like? I'm kind of bored with what I have and was just wondering what's hot now.

Originally Posted by Sofia Any new perfumes you ladies like? I'm kind of bored with what I have and was just wondering what's hot now. Which ones do you have and what sort of scents do you like?

I like light, crisp, clean smelling scents. Anything too strong gives me headaches or makes me nauseous.

So far I've managed to collect many, a whole drawer full:

These are the ones that get to see the light of day:

• Clinique Happy
  • Armani Mani / Emporio She
  • Ralph Lauren Blue
  • Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
  • D&G Feminine
  • Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl
  • FCUK She
  • Bvlgari Extreme
  • DKNY Be Delicious
  • CK Eternity
  • Moschino OH!
These will never: most of them gifts and used no more than once:
  • Dior J'adore (gift)
  • Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (gift)
  • Hugo Boss Woman (gift)
  • Red Door (gift)
  • Alfred Sung Shi (gift)
  • Dior Addict 2
  • Cartier Eau de Cartier
I may have to swing by Sephora and check out what's new.

Originally Posted by Sofia
  • Clinique Happy
  • Ralph Lauren Blue
  • Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
  • Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl
  • These are some of my faves!
Two perfumes that I would recommend are Banana Republic "Classic" and Stila "Jade Blossom".

oooh!! dolce and gabbana light blue is great!! i think it is such an interesting scent!

Latest posts

Back