Quantcast

The Apprentice 3

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
So what did everyone think of the new season of the Apprentice? I'm interested to see how this season will do & agree w/the first firing. I'm also curious about the tasks they'll be put up to & who the corporate sponsors are.
 
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
430
Reaction score
1
Hi Gail, I thought it was ok but I don't think these cast members are as enthusiastic as the last members. That guy Danny has got to go. lol I also agree with the firing.

Originally Posted by keaLoha So what did everyone think of the new season of the Apprentice? I'm interested to see how this season will do & agree w/the first firing. I'm also curious about the tasks they'll be put up to & who the corporate sponsors are.
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Diane Hi Gail, I thought it was ok but I don't think these cast members are as enthusiastic as the last members. That guy Danny has got to go. lol I also agree with the firing. Haven't seen it yet
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Joyeuux Oh damn, did I miss the premiere?
Yeah, it was on last night. It might be on Saturday night, but I've seen reruns on CNBC.
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Diane Hi Gail, I thought it was ok but I don't think these cast members are as enthusiastic as the last members. That guy Danny has got to go. lol I also agree with the firing. It's hard to say about this season's cast, but I agree that Danny's quirky & a loose cannon. Glad George & Carolyn recognized it.
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Yes wasnt that danny character a wierdo?? Playing his guitar out front of Burger King.

Should be interesting season as I love this show. In fact, we here in the MUT household, love reality shows!!






Originally Posted by keaLoha

It's hard to say about this season's cast, but I agree that Danny's quirky & a loose cannon. Glad George & Carolyn recognized it.



 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Yes, that's him. Very interesting chap, but that's TV editting for you. We'll see how he progresses this season.

 
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
As with all reality shows, I always feel that the first season is always the best. Last season was just ok for me. I caught a glimpse of this season, and it does seem a bit interesting because of the concept "book smart vs street smarts". Either way I will probably end up watching it til the end.

BTW did people see Melania's wedding dress? (trumps bride to be)? I read it weighed 60lbs!!!

 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
I know, the first season is always the best. I'll still watch this one b/c it's the only reality show I watch.

I saw photos of the dress on TV, but am still waiting for my issue of Vogue to get here. I can't believe how much it weighed--almost 100 yards of silk!


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Shoediva BTW did people see Melania's wedding dress? (trumps bride to be)? I read it weighed 60lbs!!! Saw the cover of Vogue... in another magazine! LOL That is one heavy looking dress!
Even that veil looks enormous!
Honestly, it really wasn't my style... I thought she could've gotten something a little better w/ all they money they have! I mean it's pretty - but when money isn't an issue, I would've went a different route.


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
The dress ... (again, this time w/o Text) and her Vera Wang reception dress (on the left) (as can be seen on Vogue.com) Pretty dress... but reminds me too much of rumpled bedsheets.
I actually like the Vera dress better - IMO




 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The dress ... (again, this time w/o Text) and her Vera Wang reception dress (on the left) (as can be seen on Vogue.com) Pretty dress... but reminds me too much of rumpled bedsheets.
I actually like the Vera dress better - IMO


Janelle, the argument is that it's a Christian Dior by John Galliano! Frankly, I have to agree w/you. He did a much better job w/Gwen Stefani's dress & this is just WAY too fussy. She supposedly needed to sit on a bench b/c it of its mammoth size, which is why she had a reception dress. Insane if you ask me....
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by keaLoha Janelle, the argument is that it's a Christian Dior by John Galliano! huh? Am I missing something ?? LOL
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
IMO, the only reason it made the cover of Vogue is b/c it's a dress by Dior designer John Galliano & Trump was lobbying hard for her to make the cover.

Honestly, Galliano has really wild taste, which was NOT the house of Dior was founded upon.

 
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
430
Reaction score
1
We love reality shows here too! The one I miss is "Outback Jack." He was hot
and the show was really funny! Natalie was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Should be interesting season as I love this show. In fact, we here in the MUT household, love reality shows!!
 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Ok, can someone explain to me what The Apprentice is? I think the 1st series aired here in Ireland but i never saw it. And why is this guy Donald Trump so famous? Because of the show??

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by keaLoha IMO, the only reason it made the cover of Vogue is b/c it's a dress by Dior designer John Galliano & Trump was lobbying hard for her to make the cover.
Honestly, Galliano has really wild taste, which was NOT the house of Dior was founded upon.

ok.. gotcha! Thankx for clarifying that!

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Laura Ok, can someone explain to me what The Apprentice is? I think the 1st series aired here in Ireland but i never saw it. And why is this guy Donald Trump so famous? Because of the show?? Well, that & for just being so rich! LOL
The Apprentice is a reality show where a bunch of people compete against each other for the "dream job" of being a Trump employee... his "apprentice"... they do all different tasks together and do marketing and advertising challenges, and each week someone is "FIRED!" off...
Until one person remains, and gets the job. I saw a few episodes the first season, but really haven't watched it much after...


 

Latest posts

Top