The Best Facial Cleansers on the Market

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Best Facial Cleansers on the Market

From Elizabeth Waverly

From Cheap to Steep & For Every Skin Type

Some of the best cleaners on the market aren't fancy & expensive. But if you want the very best, you can pay for it. Here I run down the best cleansers on the market today from cheap to steep & for 5 different skin types: dry, oily, combination, sensitive & blemished. This list includes the yearly picks by the staff of 'InStyle' magazine plus the tried & true picks selected by other beauty experts. This is no random list -- every cleanser here has passed with high marks the exacting standards of the best makeup artists, beauty editors & dermatologists in the business.

Key: $=up to $10; $$=up to $20; $$$=up to $30; $$$$=up to $40.

Best cleansers for dry skin, from cheap to steep

Cetaphil There's no bells & whistles with this baby-mild product that even dermatologists swear by. So why is this $10 cleanser such a must-have? It's clean, simple & isn't loaded wtih chemicals or perfumes that can irritate the skin. It's just the best drugstore cleanser out there. Period.$

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser This cleanser contains shea butter, which leaves skin moisturized as well as cleansed. $$

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream This cleanser smells like almonds & doesn't come with a lot of preservatives, so keep an eye on the expiration date. $$

Lancome Galatee Milk Cleanser This milky cleanser is very moisturizing. $$$

Best cleansers for oily skin, from cheap to steep

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash Like Cetaphil for dry skin, Purpose has few bells & whistles -- a good thing for a cleanser. This soap-free, oil-free liquid lathers away dirt, makeup & oil but doesn't leave skin so dry it reacts by overproducing oil. Pretty good job for only $6. $

Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser This classic cleanser can be a bit drying, so test the product before you buy. $$

Shisheido Pureness Cleansing Gel Gentle & soft, you'll love the way this cleanser...smells (& cleans your skin). $$

Lancome Clarifiance Oil-Free Gel Cleanser This cleanser will leave your oily skin feeling luxurious, but not oily. $$$

Best cleansers for normal/combination skin, from cheap to steep

Dove Essential Nutrients self-foaming cleanser This cleanser is a great standby from cold winters to humid summers, according to NYC dermatologist Francesca J. Fusco in the 2005 spring issue of InStyle Magazine. This $6 basic cleanser washes away oil & dead skin cells without stripping skin of its needed nutrients. $

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser This is the best drugstore cleanser. Period. $

Bloom Facial Cleaners This aromatherapy cleanser has lavendar & grapefruit essential oils. $$

FACE Stockholm Foaming Face Cleanser A great product that's not drying. $$$

Laura Mercier One-Step Cleanser The perfect pricey cleanser. $$$$

Best cleansers for sensitive skin, from cheap to steep

Avon Clear Skin Foaming Cleanser Inexpensive, yet gentle. $

Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin Wash Works almost as well as Cetaphil. $

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Best drugstore cleanser. Period. $

Aveda All-Sensitive Cleanser Perfect cleanser, & not too pricey. $$

Nina Ricci Rosee Gel Purificante When it has a name like this, you know it has to be pricey. Actually, this cleanser has been described as 'sensual.' And supposedly it smells like roses.$$$

Best cleansers for blemished skin, from cheap to steep

Neutrogena Pore-Refining Cleanser This cleanser will soak up oil, but doesn't dry skin. $

Oil of Olay Age-Defying Series Daily Renewal Cleanser Good, cheap & effective. $

Murad Acne Kit This is a kit, so at $60, it's somewhat affordable. This kit features 4 parts: a cleanser with triclosan & salicylic acid to fight bacteria, a pore-cleansing gel with glycolic & salicylic acids, an exfoliating lotion with retinol, & a spot treatment with sulfur. $$$$$

Ditto to what Kim said! Thanks Diane
biggrin.gif

I will...I like reading them too....I always learn some thing new.

(*(*(Hugz)*)*)

~Diane

Very interesting, I'll probably translate that article in order to show it to my Italian friends!

Thanks so much
icon_razz.gif

Yaay! I have oily skin and just got the Shisheido Pureness Cleansing Foam with their facial brush and LOVE IT!!

thanks, i love this, but think Cetaphil works better as a make up remover.

Latest posts

Back