The best mascaras...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i swear by maybelline's sky high curves (waterproof). it doesn't flake by the end of the day, doesn't come off if i splash water on my face and rub, etc. i've tried TONS. i also have thin, short lashes, so it's hard to find something that works well.

Originally Posted by Liz i like fibre rich lash by mac. makes my lashes look really nice, but it's not clumpy. Im with Liz,love fibre rich.Also bad gal lash from benefit good for dramatic lashes,scary wand though.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've only tried drugstore brands, but I have two favorites depending on what look I'm going for:

Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof -- natural looking lashes, but still gives some volume and color to my blonde lashes; not clumpy at all

Maybelline Lash Expansion -- for when I want longer lashes; not quite as clump-free as Full n Soft but still not near as clumpy as some others!

(I also always curl my lashes first, neither of these mascaras will curl your lashes themselves!)

Ones to avoid:

Almay One Coat Lengthening Waterproof Mascara -- this flaked off my lashes terribly; even worse than the non-waterproof version of this mascara!

L'Oreal Lash Out -- did a great job of lengthening my lashes but it actually straightened my lashes!

I also didn't like Maybelline Great Lash, but that's only because it took too long to dry, and my eyes are so deep-set that as soon as I blinked after I put on the mascara, I had mascara all over my face!

I like DiorShow right now. I like mascaras that make my lashes fuller and longer, cuz mine are pretty skimpy. I also like Chanel's DramaLash or DramaCils(I never get the name right) YSL is nice for a more natural look on me, but it just doesn't do enough of what I like. For DS brands, Loreal Voluminous is the only one I like.

i want to try diorshow, but i keep forgetting. everytime i remember chanel drama lash, they're sold out.

i really like my shiseido mascaras they don't clump and are waterproof and they really don't wreck your lashes like a lot of w/p formulas

I forgot to buy that when I was in the mall. grrr
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i really like my shiseido mascaras they don't clump and are waterproof and they really don't wreck your lashes like a lot of w/p formulas

Originally Posted by lilla I forgot to buy that when I was in the mall. grrr
mad.gif
i love my shi 'scara's if you don't buy at least try. i use almay's dual phase m/u remover to take my make up off it does the trick for all my hard to get eye make up. or use whatever you have to get w/p formula's off (just trying to make it easier)

Originally Posted by Joyeuux MAC Fibre Rich they need to make a w/p fibre rich lash then i'd be happy.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 they need to make a w/p fibre rich lash then i'd be happy. Yea, that'd be hot.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yea, that'd be hot.
wink.gif

that would be my HG mascara then, that's the reason i switched to shiseido since they are waterproof

Oh yeah, I try every mascara to see which one I'll be happy with
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I'll be getting it next week
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I really liked YSL Faux Cils but mine got clumpy and started to flake after using it a week or so. May be it was an old one
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i love my shi 'scara's if you don't buy at least try. i use almay's dual phase m/u remover to take my make up off it does the trick for all my hard to get eye make up. or use whatever you have to get w/p formula's off (just trying to make it easier)

Laura will agree w/me that YSL Faux Cils is the best high end mascara & wongy74 will (hopefully) agree w/me that any by Za NY is the best drugstore mascara.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Oh yeah, I try every mascara to see which one I'll be happy with
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I'll be getting it next week
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I really liked YSL Faux Cils but mine got clumpy and started to flake after using it a week or so. May be it was an old one
icon_sad.gif
i try lots of mascaras too. I have lancome's hypnose and i have only used it twice. i hate it
frown.gif
clumpy clumpy clumpy.

Saks & Neiman's carries them. I suspect some Macy's might carry them, & possibly Bloomies.

I heard they've changed the name, but think either this or this is it. Free shipping until 12 June 2005 w/the code APOLOGIES.

HTH!
smile.gif

Back