The "Five Things" Game

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The woman @ Starbucks made my coffee the wrong way this morning. Didn't notice it til I got to work.

I preceeded to spill my lame-ass coffee all over my desk.

Had sushi for lunch today which cheered me up.

Set up a date with some friends to go out for drinks on Friday. YAY!

Learned that dirty martinis are a lot dirtier than I thought.

Originally Posted by Marisol The woman @ Starbucks made my coffee the wrong way this morning. Didn't notice it til I got to work. I preceeded to spill my lame-ass coffee all over my desk.

Had sushi for lunch today which cheered me up.

Set up a date with some friends to go out for drinks on Friday. YAY!

Learned that dirty martinis are a lot dirtier than I thought.

Now I'm curious...why are dirty martinis a lot dirtier than you thought?
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet 1. My Grandfather was one of the POWs (prisoners of war) that built the actual bridge over the river Kwai in Burma (there was a movie made based on this actual event) during WWII. He almost died over there. 2. My parents are Dutch-Indonesian and were born and raised in Indonesia. After WWII, during the Indonesian Revolution against the Dutch government, my parents fled for their lives from Indonesia to Holland because of their dutch blood. All of my father's neighbors who had dutch blood were killed in their sleep with bamboo spears, but his family fled to a nearby convent.

3. My parents both spent time in concentration camps. They were very young and separated from their families.

4. My parents met and fell in love in Amsterdam. They came to the U.S. over 40 years ago with only a couple hundred dollars in their pockets.

5. I have to keep reminding myself of everything my parents went through to give me the life I have now. I am so grateful for everything I have, and can give my children.

Nicolet, that is a fascinating, interesting, and incredible story. WOW!!

1. My parents are married still, high school sweethearts.

2. I was not able to acheive that, I am on marriage number 2.

3. My cat appears to be very happy that my dog passed on.

4. My grandfather in WWII parachuted to Hitlers "home" and looted some of his so jewelry, and photo albums (small). I took the photo album to 11th grade history for extra credit.
icon_wink.gif

5. My neighbors house is for sale, I stopped by and looked at the flyer on it and it was 385,900!!! I couldn't believe it, 4 years ago it was probably worth 125,000. Isn't that insane
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Now I'm curious...why are dirty martinis a lot dirtier than you thought?
icon_eek.gif
Ok.. if you don't wanna know... STOP READING HERE!

I was reading an article in my local newspaper and they were talking about the fact that bartenders typically tend to use their hand when grabbing the olives from the container. Typically, they will use that olive brine (juice) to make a dirty martini. Think of how many hands actually touch that juice. Also, they don't throw away the left over olive brine. They recycle it and put it with the other olives for the next day. UUUGGGGHHH!!!

Ignorance is bliss...

Boxers! I love to hear about realestate profits! GOOD for your neighbors. Really...TRUE real estate insanity is where we reside. We Live down near Newport Beach, CA and I won't even tell you about what the values have done in the past 6 years.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Luckily we bought one then!!!

wow- i am so glad to have started this thread. Look at all the wonderful diverse people we have here! Another reason to love MuT.

[*]During a family tree search, i found out that our family is descendants of irish royalty. No money in it for me though!

[*]I camped my way up from NJ to and lived in Nova Scotia for a month and saw that Aurora Borealis.

[*]I made TV commercials when i was a kid.

[*]My voice had been heard by over 1000 people during Christmas time in 1987.

[*]I hate basements.

1. i'm with macforme when she says she hates basements! at my old job, i was terrified to go down there and my co-workers would tease me and put my pay down there when my boss wasn't around
frown.gif

2. i love cereal, especially coco pebbles, which i'm eating right now.

3. i think i've found my HG loose powder.

4. i love taking pictures, but i'm not photogenic at all.

5. i love dr. phil.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Nicolet, that is a fascinating, interesting, and incredible story. WOW!!

1. My parents are married still, high school sweethearts.

2. I was not able to acheive that, I am on marriage number 2.

3. My cat appears to be very happy that my dog passed on.

4. My grandfather in WWII parachuted to Hitlers "home" and looted some of his so jewelry, and photo albums (small). I took the photo album to 11th grade history for extra credit.
icon_wink.gif

5. My neighbors house is for sale, I stopped by and looked at the flyer on it and it was 385,900!!! I couldn't believe it, 4 years ago it was probably worth 125,000. Isn't that insane
icon_eek.gif

Hi LovesBoxers, (by the way, sorry about your dog
frown.gif
), I just wanted to comment that your family also has some very interesting history! How cool is that, that your grandfather parachuted into Hitler's "home." Wow. Amazing.

1. I loved that show Grey's Anatomy..and can't wait for it to come on again next season.

2. I am making a Tri-Tip roast, Swiss Chard, Butternut Squash and Garlic Mashed Potatoes for dinner right now.

3. I am also trying out an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe that includes using Tofu in it!! I'm hoping my kids will dig it.

4. I have a lot of moles and freckles from tanning alot when I was younger (stay out of the sun, girls!), and am a bit concerned about them. I've had them checked out and some removed, but the last Dermo that checked me did a

half-%&* job, so I'm going to get a 2nd opinion. I use sunblock now, but rarely did in my teens and 20's.

5. I am terribly scared of flying, but try not to show it because I don't want to freak my kids out. But I wish I knew of a way to relax a bit more!

Originally Posted by Nicolet 1. I loved that show Grey's Anatomy..and can't wait for it to come on again next season. Me too!
I am a TV junkie.

I am an anxious person.

Love magazines and celebrity gossip.

I dont know how to cook.

I am thinking of getting a new job.

[*]Sometimes i like my animals better then people.

[*]I love shopping at Trader Joes

[*]I do not wear fur, eat veal, or use animal tested products.

[*]I feel lucky to go thru all i have and still optimistic.

[*]I believe that Karma will pay you back if and when you deserve it.

Back