The New Secret To The Clean-Face Look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The New Secret To The Clean-Face Look

It's exfoliating--and here's how you can do it without scrubbing yourself silly.

From Glamour, March 2005; pg 76-77.

[*]Go for a creamy or oil-based exfoliator. Check the label for softening ingredients like apricot or almond oil, milk or honey, recommends Brenna Collins, spa director for Haven in New York City. Try St. Ives Apricot Radiance Facial Cleanser, an all-in-one cleanser and exfoliator ($4, at drugstores). Bonus: Once flaky skin is gone, your regular moisturizer and any skin treatments will be absorbed a lot better.

[*]Soften the scrub. Submerge the jar or tube of exfoliator in a skin filled with hot water before you smear it on. "The heat will help break down the moisturizers inside so they'll penetrate better," Collins explains.

[*]Take it easy. "People think scrubbing harder is better, but you can really inflame your skin," says Collins. If you're using an exfoliator with little beads or grains, massage it in by making small circles all over your face with your fingertips for no more than two minutes total; do your lips as well, but avoid the delicate skin around your eyes. You will know you've gone too far if your face feels at all windburned afterwards. For easy scrubbing try Demalogica Daily Resurfacers ($65, dermalogica.com for salons), a new exfoliator that comes in tiny disposable pads with just he right amount of product built in. Using a glycolic or fruit-acid exfoliator? No need to rub at all--just apply and let it sit a couple of minutes before rinsing.

This sounds good but what exactly does it do? Fade blemishes, help acne, or just refreshen skin? I have combination skin and usually try to steer clear of products with oil. What type of skin do you have? Do you think I would be okay trying this with combination skin?

I haven't tried this, but thought the article was interesting for all to try.

I'm currently using Freeman's Facial Scrub, Sheer Moisture

200.jpg

which doesn't appear to contain any oils (or that I can identify)

Water (Aqua), Polyethylene, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-2, Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Raspberry), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Fruit Extract (Sweet Almond), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract (Kiwi), Jojoba Wax, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl, Propanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (Cl 17200), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Cl 77289)

I have combo/oily skin & use this 3x/week. I haven't had any problems w/it & my skin has cleared up nicely. In the past I've used Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil w/success to remove my makeup & in the mornings to clean my face. The oil didn't bother my skin & it actually helped to clear it up.

HTH!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back