The official used it up thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@mandys you're my hero! lol I wish I had used up as many products as you have. Unfortunately I'm still whittling through my stash. Although I did finally finish up my box of Dr Dennis Gross daily peel. And a L'Oreal makeup setting spray which was pretty nice. Even with wearing more makeup than ever it's still taking me forever to use up things. On a side note I've been loving Makeup Geek's highlighter that I think was in Boxycharm, really nice, subtle glow. 

@@mandys you're my hero! lol I wish I had used up as many products as you have. Unfortunately I'm still whittling through my stash. Although I did finally finish up my box of Dr Dennis Gross daily peel. And a L'Oreal makeup setting spray which was pretty nice. Even with wearing more makeup than ever it's still taking me forever to use up things. On a side note I've been loving Makeup Geek's highlighter that I think was in Boxycharm, really nice, subtle glow.
Thanks so much! I have been hoarding stuff, and I have a addiction to deals, trying to take a bit of a break and use stuff up to clear some space. I have been doing better with body stuff than makeup, I need to get through my lip glosses soon. It takes so much longer to us even up makeup products than shower stuff

Lasts ten emptiest and discards. I have been on a mission to find a HG natural deo and haven't found it yet. I find I get a painful red rash when using them exclusively, currently mixing in with regular anti perspiration. I think it is because my sweat just causes a rash! Open to any good suggestions

IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0290.JPG

Lasts ten emptiest and discards. I have been on a mission to find a HG natural deo and haven't found it yet. I find I get a painful red rash when using them exclusively, currently mixing in with regular anti perspiration. I think it is because my sweat just causes a rash! Open to any good suggestions

IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
nice work on the empties! I've tried several natural deodorants too and do like Toms of Maine and Jason. I've read that the cream deodorants work really well. My friend makes her own with essential oils, coconut oil and baking soda. I've settled on using Clarins deodorants, the spray that is not anti-perspirant and the roll-on for days when I really need it to work. They are not fully natural but way better than regular ones and they are made in France. As a European I trust the European government more with their regulations on beauty. Their regulations are way more strict over there than here and they don't allow lobbying there either. I figure if the product is approved for use and manufactured in France, it must meed the strict European guidelines and can't be that bad.  

Empties collected during my strict No Buy January, concentrating on using up foil pack samples

SKIN CARE

Foils

• COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
  • Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate  - I was impressed by the research on cellular immunity behind this product, but it is to be used before serum and moisturizer to make them work more effectively, a step that seems too much to me.
  • Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil   
  • Sisley Black Rose Skin Infusion Cream
  • Sisley Neck Cream 
  • Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence
  • Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 
  • Three packets of Yves Rocher Sensitive Vegetal Soothing Moisturizing Cream 
  • Yves Rocher Serum Vegetal Wrinkles and Lifting V Shaping Care 
Full Size

• Elizabeth Grant Supreme Cell Vitality Cleansing Mousse - I bought this years ago, in 2014, I believe. It was big milestone to finally finish it. 
Most likely to repurchase - Sisley Neck Cream (or an affordable dupe for it if I can find one). Before testing this sample, I thought neck creams were just designed to remove wrinkles on the throat. But this cream promised to reduce fat and puffiness around the jawline, with caffeine extract! I found this a wonderful concept and will be on the lookout for special neck creams in future.

MASQUES

• One pack of Wilma Schumann European Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads
  • One TONYMOLY Egg Pore Nose Strip
HAIR

• Foil pack Davines MINU Hair Serum 
  • Full size Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Repair Shampoo - I just happened to finish this; it has been my normal shampoo for a while now.
SHOWER GEL

Deluxe Sample Bottles 

• Yves Rocher Grapefruit Thyme Energizing Bath and Shower Gel
  • Yves Rocher Mango Coriander Energizing Bath and Shower Gel
  • Yves Rocher Raspberry Peppermint Energizing Bath and Shower Gel 
Adored the Grapefruit; hated the Mango - too sweet! 

BODY LOTION

Foils

• Two packets of Sisley Restorative Body Cream 
  • Sisley White Ginger Contouring Oil for Legs 
  • Tatcha Indigo Smoothing Silk Body Butter
MAKEUP

Foils

• Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Foundation
  • Yves Rocher Youhtful Glow Foundation 
PERFUME

In the spirit of using EVERYTHING, I am gathering all of the magazine strip testers in any old magazines and catalogs in my room, and working through them. 

• Avon Haiku Reflection - aquatic - not for me - prefer powdery florals
  • Avon Rare Pearls - loved
  • Donna Karan Cashmere Mist
  • Michael Kors Wonderlust - I loved the almond milk note 
In researching these, I read that Walgreen's has a really good dupe for Cashmere Mist for around $12.00 - may look into that after my No Buy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Empties from my February No Buy

Hair

• Deluxe sample Davines Minu Shampoo - from Birchbox. 
  • Foil sample Davines Minu Conditioner.
  • Foil sample Living Proof Restore Conditioner - also from Birchbox - took me just about all month to use up this one foil pack.
Skin Care

• Deluxe sample L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream with Shea Butter - I used this every morning and night for the first two weeks of February. I was afraid it would be too rich and too heavily scented, but it had a wonderful powdery scent and powdery feel on the skin, though it was at the same time rich and pampering. 
  • Deluxe sample The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Cream - I used this every morning for the second two weeks of February. It is also wonderfully scented and feels marvelous on the skin. 
  • Sachet pack Freeman Cucumber and Pink Salt Clay Masque - this sachet pack contained several uses. It was way to tight and prickly as it dried on my skin. 
Makeup 

• Sample card - Mary Kay Powder Perfect Eye Color Demonstrator - Blackest Black - I have a large collection of Mary Kay makeup sample cards to use up. This card specified it was for one time use, but it took me just about all month to use up. It was an excellent shadow - pigmented, creamy - a dark charcoal that could also be blended out sheer.
Bath and Body

• Deluxe sample L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream - also has lavender essential oil. Used every evening for one week.
  • Deluxe sample St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash - hydrating, but generic scent, uninteresting to me.
  • Deluxe Sample Yves Rocher Olive and Petit Grain Relaxing Bath and Shower Gel - smells to me like a men's cologne, pleasantly so.
  • Full size Secret Paris Rose deodorant.  

I have been using only organic products for years, and have tried them all. My favorite is the "Made from Earth" products. You can actually understand all the ingredients in the products - they are actually real fruits and juices. 

My favorite daily product is the Vitamin Enhanced Firming Serum, and for my body, I use the Holistic Honey Lotion. Uses 100% organic honey. 

I highly recommend them in your search for organic and natural products! This is their website: www.MadefromEarth.com

Empties generated during March 2018 No Buy:

Facial Cleanser

Full size: Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil - I purchased this at the end of 2014. It lasted forever, because I did not use it all the time. It is fabulous to use and super effective, as you would expect from a Dior product, but I hadn't used it constantly because many times I prefer to use a gel foaming cleanser, and not just cleansing oil all the time. I finally dedicated myself to using it every morning and night to finish it for my project. 

Deluxe samples:

• Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover - very nice and refreshing; obtained from a Clarins beauty box purchased at the end of last summer.
  • Avon Anew Clean Cream Cleanser and Masque - from an Avon "A Box". 
  • Sisley Phyto-Blanc Lightening Cleansing Milk - I love using a classic French cleansing milk, but sometimes they leave my face feeling oily, sticky, and not entirely clean. But this milk rinses off with water, and leaves no oily residue. It gently lightens the complexion with lemon extract. 
Shower Gel

Deluxe samples: 

• PLANT Get Happy Bodywash - peppermint and geranium essential oils. Beautiful sample from Petit Vour box. 
  • Clarins Bath and Shower Concentrate "Relax" - a little one ounce bottle lasted forever, as you only need a tiny drop. The scent is rich orange and herbs. 
Face Cream/Serum

Deluxe samples:

• Lacura Cuvee Royal Refine Serum - one ampule
  • Avon Anew Vitamin C Serum
  • Chanel La Solution 10 Sensitive Skin Cream - from So Choix box. The cream has only ten ingredients and features a rare silver needle tea with super antioxidants. Has amazing light reflecting properties that make skin look luminous. 
  • Sisley Hydra Global - beautiful lavender scented light lotion. 
Eye Shadow Sample Cards

Mary Kay Powder Perfect Eye Color Demonstrator - three cards - Honey Glaze, Iris, and Real Teal - I was excited for Honey Glaze as it is beautiful peach pink, but it did not show up on my lids. 

Masques 

Single use sachet:

• Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing patches with soothing cornflower - Such a great pick me up. I was feeling down and tired, and put these on and went to take a nap. They felt cool upon application. When I woke up, I was reset and had a productive night of work. 
  • Beauty Treats Oatmeal Oxygen Bubble Masque - One dollar from Shop Miss A, and nice to use.
Deodorant

Full size Yves Rocher 24 Hour Deodorant - Indian Cotton Flower - paraben free, and also contains extract from the cotton flower and organic witch hazel water.

See you next month! 

April 2018 Empties - many nice ones. 

• Full size White Rain Moisturizing Shampoo - Apple Blossom. For a budget shampoo, this is quite good. It is nicely scented and paraben-free. 
  • Deluxe sample Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo - I got this in a Birchbox. It has a beautiful scent that was designed for the brand by a perfume house. It brought out my natural curl and made my hair super shiny, but it was a bit rich for my fine oily hair.  
  • Foil pack Yves Rocher Sleeping Care - It took me weeks and weeks to use up the foil pack. This is a gardenia scented cream that is combed or brushed through dry hair before bed and left on all night. It does not need to be washed or rinsed out in the morning.
  • Deluxe sample Clarins Water Purify One-Step Cleanser - mint essential water. Smells divine! 
  • Deluxe sample Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash. From an Ipsy bag. 
  • Deluxe sample Sisley Hydra-Flash - moisturizing face masque. From Sisley Beauty Subscription - April 2017 - "April Showers" bag. 
  • Deluxe sample 111Skin [Dr Y Alexandrides, Harley St., London] Space Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel. From an Ipsy Offer set. 
  • Deluxe sample 111Skin Cryo Activating Hydra Gel*****I loved using this, and reading about the brand. They are super interesting; they work with space scientists, because skin ages very rapidly in space. 
  • Deluxe sample l'Occitane Peony Perfecting Cream. From 2017 "Summer Treasures" Beauty Calendar. 
  • Deluxe sample Clarins UV Plus SPF 50. From Birchbox. Came with little box and pamphlet. Wonderful floral scent and silky texture. 
  • Deluxe sample Tocca Bianca Nourishing Body Scrub. Another nice Birchbox sample. Scent is green tea and lemon, evoking "Tea Time in Italy."
  • Mary Kay Powder Perfect Eye Color Demonstrator Sample cards. Used three cards: Real Teal, Smoky Plum, and Whisper Pink. 
  • Travel pack cotton balls and travel pack cotton swabs - from the site "Pack Simply". These are nice little extras you get when you buy a travel set from them. I never get to travel, but that did not stop me from ordering their kit! 

I love going through my empties on the last day of the month. This evening I realized I've used up really nice products recently. The empty containers smelled really good.

Body Care

• Full size - Avon Far Away Deodorant
  • Deluxe Sample Malin + Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer - Keeps the skin very soft from early morning to late at night.
  • Deluxe Sample L'Occitane Terre de Lumiere Radiant Balm - A body balm that smells like lavender and honey, with pretty gold particles.
  • Mini L'Occitane Almond Delicious Soap - Has pieces of flaked almond and is like a wonderful dessert.
Hair Care

• Deluxe Sample Crabtree & Evelyn Verbena & Lavender de Provence Shampoo
Skin Care

• Deluxe Sample Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with cottonseed
  • Deluxe Sample Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Hydrating Micellar Water 2 in 1 - Is an eye makeup remover also.
  • Deluxe Sample Erno Laszlo Firmarine Cleansing Oil - Beautiful pale blue milky oil that foams up, and you layer the Laszlo soap over it. Has marine elements to firm the skin
  • Deluxe Sample Doux Me comforting scrub and mask with marshmallow, apricot oil, and rice powder - In the 2000s decade, I read about a French skin care brand called "Doux Me". The brand was all natural, and the products needed to be kept in the refrigerator. I fell in love with the line and was dying to try their cleansing milks, toners, etc. But then, I believe the products were only sold in luxury French organic beauty stores. Last year I found out that the brand had been sold to another company. the products can be easily bought online now and are pretty affordable, and do not need to be refrigerated any longer. I bought a mini of their masque. It came in an adorable, feminine polka dot package and was also like a beautiful dessert. It was so silky and had very delicate cleansing grains. 
  • Deluxe Sample Sisley Radiance Anti Aging Concentrate - From the 2017 Sisley "May Flowers" beauty bag. The tube was tiny and came with a little box and pamphlet. It claims to help with problems of hyperpigmentation using floral extracts. The tube was tiny, but I got extra use from it by cutting it in half and getting the last doses out with cotton swabs. 
  • Deluxe Sample Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream - This so impressed me because it contains an extract from an "extemophile", which is a plant that survived the Ice Age. I love the "miracle plant/flower" stories from all the skin care brands these days, but this one is the most interesting yet. 
  • Deluxe Sample L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil - Another "miracle flower" extract. 
  • Foil Sample Natura Bisse The Cure Sheer Eye - I am quite interested in this luxury Spanish brand. This is a tinted eye lotion - like putting a beautiful foundation under the eyes. 
  • Pack of DG Body Cotton Rounds [Dollar General store brand]
Makeup

2 Mary Kay "Eye Color Duet Demonstrator" sample cards, both in shade "Onyx" - A light pearly gray and a black. 

June empties

• Sisley Sisleya Essential Skin Care Lotion Mini - A cute little bottle that lasted two weeks. It is scented with May Rose (very subtly). It adds nutrients into the skin.
  • Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - I got it in a blockbuster holiday set in 2014 and finally used it up! 
  • Tata Harper Resurfacing Masque Mini - I got it in a Space NK GWP spring 2017. It unclogs congested skin. 
  • Mary Kay Second Look Eye Color Duo Demonstrator sample card - Boss Moss  -  A shimmery pale green and a matte olive drab. The shimmery pale green really brightened my small eyes! It was a discovery. 
  • MK Signature Eye Color sample card - Bamboo - A peach-beige.
  • Borghese Superiore State-of-the-Art Mascara - Superiore Black - A mini I got in a set in 2014. I used it for the past 6 months, almost every day, which is bad. I could have gotten an eye infection. I wanted to use up every bit, but I never did. The mascara is great. It lengthens in an instant and never comes off through the day. I finally let it go.  
  • Sisley Eau Tropicale EDT sample vial - top note bergamot, ginger; middle tuberose, violette, rose; base patchouli, ambrette, cedar. I could really pick up the notes and observe the scent evolve from the spicy ginger to the beautiful powdery floral. 
  • Kenet MD Massage bar mini - Kenet is a wonderful family of dermatologists. They made a hotel line, and this mini bar had the little massage shape like a Bliss soap, very cute. The scent was not my favorite but it was very creamy. 
I am posting my June empties early because I am no longer doing a monthly plan - I am going to set seasonal goals now, bigger goals. I will be back with my empties in late September at the end of summer. Bye for now. 

Nice empties @EdithS2!! Great work! Look froward to hearing about your empties in September. I love the fact that you are setting bigger, seasonal goals for yourself! Thank you for posting about it and being such an inspiration to others!

Empties from Summer No Buy/Project Use It Up ?

I've been looking forward to posting my summer empties for a long time!

Hair Care:

1. Yves Rocher I ❤️ My Planet Radiance Shampoo - full size. This shampoo worked well for my fine and oily hair, and was very good for summer. It's a lemon and vitamin E formula.
  2. Nature Queen Herbal Shampoo - mini bottle. I got this in the November 2017 Glossybox. It left my hair very soft, but the scent is very strong. It is patchouli scent, but smells to me like very strong cloves. 
  3. Crabtree & Evelyn Verbena & Lavender de Provence Conditioner - mini bottle. French lemon, French lavender, and glycerine. Light formula, beautiful light scent, and also great for my fine and oily hair. 
  4. Yves Rocher Sleeping Care - foil pack. This foil pack took me ages to finish. It is a jojoba oil cream that is combed into dry hair before bed. It does not leave hair greasy, and does not need to be rinsed or washed out--very easy to use. 
Makeup:

1. Wet n Wild Max Fanatic Cat Eye Mascara - full size. I got this in my July 2016 Target Beauty Box. It has a nice formula and brush, and lengthens really well. I am going to be discarding it as I've used it all summer, following the 3-4 month rule as the recommended time for replacing mascaras.
  2. Mary Kay MK Signature Eye Shadow Sample Cards.  
  • Copper Beach
  • Cranberry Ice
  • Currant Craze (2 cards)
  • Goldenrod
  • Rainforest
  • Rose Mist 
I had purchased bags of these sample cards from ebay back in early 2017, and I'm methodically working through them in alphabetical order. Each card lasts several days. This is proving very useful, as I am learning what colors work for my eyes. My eyes are very small and narrow. I have found through these cards that pale shimmery shades are best for me, and that dark matte shades don't look good. The more I try the cards and narrow down what works, the less likely I will be to purchase palettes in future that appeal to me because of concept or packaging, but that might not be suited to me. My favorite shade so far was a lovely pale shimmery green from a duo called "Boss Moss." It really brightened my small dark green eyes. 

Skin Care:

1. Chanel Extra Soft Cotton. This was a special treat purchase. In my no buy, I'm only allowed to replace necessities, and cotton pads are one of the few things I need, so I treated myself and got the luxury ones. Of course they were lovely, but I don't feel I need to get this brand all the time. I have some handmade cloth little pads that can be put in the washing machine. They are in the too pretty to use category--I will use them once in a while to apply toner to my thoroughly cleansed face, but I would never take mascara off with them! I think it would be better to spend the money on a big bag of homemade cloth face pads than a box of Chanel cotton in future. 
  2. Erno Laszlo Firmarine Face Bar - travel size. Erno Laszlo has always been one of my favorite brands, but I don't buy from them that often due to price. I got this great little set from the Birchbox shop. It was a beautiful soap dish that had a small soap in one compartment, and a mini cleansing oil in the other. It also came with a brochure and foil pack of serum. The soap was beautiful, a clear blue, with a beachy scent. I was a little upset over the brochure. It gave directions for using the soap, but never mentioned the 30 rinses in hot water that Dr. Erno Laszlo was so famous for prescribing. It made me think that the brand is not being faithful to Dr. Laszlo's ideas. I'm a beauty traditionalist! 
  3. Yves Rocher Pure Calmille Cleansing Gel - full size. A nicely scented camomile cleansing gel. I love cleansing gel. I wish I could love micellar water, but I need soap or gel and water to make my oily face feel clean. This gel was perfect. 
  4. Yves Rocher Hydra-Vegetal Refreshing Cleansing Gel - full size. Yves Rocher gave me a lovely gift with purchase last year with this cleanser and a little plastic basket with some waffle weave face towels. The cleanser is good for combination skin.
  5. Sisley Floral Toning Lotion - mini. This was a beautiful toner. It has the lovely powdery floral scent I like, and contains rose extract. It is $103 for the full size. Maybe when I pay off my credit cards I can get one. 
  6. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist - mini spray vial. I got this sample in a Birchbox. It was lovely to use, beautifully scented. I love toners, especially floral and herbal toning waters. 
  7. Sisleya L'Integral Anti-Age Day and Night - mini tube. The last face cream from my Sisley Beauty Subscription. I had the Sisley subscription from December 2016 through August 2017, and I've just finished all the creams they sent me. I used just about every last drop of everything I received from them. I just have one precious mini perfume bottle left from Sisley, (Eau du Soir), and I'm going to hoard it for a while. 
  8. Yves Rocher Hydra-Vegetal 24H Gel Cream - mini tube. I believe this is their older formula. They have a 48H formula now. Since I mention Yves Rocher all the time, I should clarify that I'm not affiliate of the company or anything--I just really love the brand. I've been a customer since 1991. They make the luxurious French beauty products I like affordable for me, and they always give me free gifts. They come out with new products all the time as well. 
  9. Yves Rocher Sensitive Vegetal Cream - two foil packets. This cream is for sensitive skin. My skin is not that sensitive, but in the last two years I have experienced some sensitivity when using Vitamin A formulas. 
  10. Yves Rocher Elixir Jeunesse Night Care - two foil packets. Elixir Jeunesse is a new line from Yves Rocher, and it is a detox, anti-pollution formula. I was so good on my no buy, and when they sent me a promo last spring showing a white and gold case containing the entire lineup of products with a white konjac sponge and free necklace, I wanted it so much, but did not get it. I settled for foil pack samples of the new line that came free when I needed to replace my shampoo and deodorant. This night care has a beautiful green herbal scent, and the gel-cream kept my face clean and matte through the hot summer night. This cream would be good for younger people, or for those with a normal to oily skin. 
  11. Sisley Supremya Eyes at Night - mini tube. All Sisley products are beautiful, and this eye cream was so elegant. I may get another Sisley subscription when I've used up all my skin care products and paid off some more credit cards. If I were wealthy, I'd buy full sizes of all of their products. I adore their cleansers, toners, scrubs, body lotions, shower gels, face and eye creams, and foundations. I want to try their mascara, which comes with a comb, and their makeup brushes, which Sisley made with a famous French company that crafts art brushes for painters. 
  12. Sisley Black Rose Cream Masque - mini tube. I just put this on before bed and left it on all night. It is too nice to wash off. 
  13. Sisley Eye Contour Masque - foil pack. This foil pack took me ages to finish. It's great to use in times of stress and fatigue, or when you want to relax. 
  14. The Creme Shop Cucumber Sheet Eye Masque. Before I began my no buy at the end of 2017, I bought myself a few last treats, and this was one of them. The sheet masque is designed to look like a masquerade mask and is very pretty. After I used the masque, I continued to use the cucumber serum left in the foil pack around my eyes each morning and night, and it lasted several days. It was nice and cooling. 
Bath and Body:

1. Avon Candid Deodorant.
  2. Yves Rocher Hamamelis Deodorant. 
  3. Yves Rocher Lavandin from Provence Deodorant.
  4. Yves Rocher Summer Collection Perfumed Shower Gel - full size. I purchased this in 2017. Every year, Yves Rocher comes out with a line for summer: a special perfume, shower gel, makeup, various accessories. When they sent me an ad for this year's collection, showing a Maracuja shower gel and beautiful Monoi scented bronzer, I wanted it so badly. But I did not get it, and instead used up my shower gel from last summer's collection, which is a "refreshing and sparkling fruit cocktail". 
  5. Sisley Global Anti-Age Hand Cream - mini tube. This was a lovely silky cream and is great for nails and cuticles. It has floral extracts to lighten sun spots. 
  6. Izia Eau de Parfum - two sample vials. A youthful rose scent. It did not seem to last or hold well on me. 
  7. Sisley Eau de Campagne Body Lotion - mini tube. A green herbal scent for men and women, and a beautiful silky formula. I love this scent in shower gel form! 
That is it! I hope to be back at the end of the year with another set of empties! 

PS: I completely filled up a blank journal book with my no buy diary. I began the journal on January 1. Volume 2 is underway. 

Empties to end 2018 (from Autumn No Buy) 

Hair Care 

1. Sisley Hair Rituel Revitalizing Smoothing Shampoo with Macadamia (foil packet sample from Nordstrom) - Wonderful - smells like a very expensive men's cologne. I would like to try more products from the Sisley hair care range. 
  2. Rahua Classic Shampoo and Conditioner (foil packet samples from Sephora) - Did not like the scent. Earthy scent. 
  3. Nature Queen Premium Herbal Conditioner (mini bottle from Glossybox) - Scent of lemongrass and patchouli - did not like the scent. Also an earthy scent. 
  4. Yves Rocher Brown Highlights Tone Variation Shampoo (full size) - Chestnut extract adds warm highlights due to tannin.
Bath and Body 

1. Avon Foot Works 3-in-1 Pampering Oil (mini bottle) - Is a foot soak, moisturizing foot oil, and a cuticle oil. Was marvelous. Weekly pedicures were so relaxing, and healed my sore and cracked heels from walking barefoot all the time. 
  2. Yves Rocher 24H Cotton Flower from India roll-on deodorant - Works well, softly scented, no parabens. 
  3. Yves Rocher Clementine and Spices shower gel (full sized bottle) - Holiday Collection 2016. I enjoyed this so much. Gorgeous bottle and scent. Had clementine, star anise, coriander, cinnamon, and clove essential oils. 
  4. Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Gentle Moisturizing Body Wash (mini tube) - Very nice, creamy body wash. 
  5. Summers Eve Morning Paradise Cleansing Wash (full size) - Did not like smell - a chemical scent. 
Makeup 

Cover Girl Katy Kat Eye Mascara (full size, from a past Target Beauty Box - A good mascara, lengthens, does not come off. Would not repurchase though. The packaging ( a clean minimalist black and white) is not my type. I like a more dramatic result, and a floral scent - like Guerlain mascara. 

Mary Kay MK Signature eye shadow sample cards

Singles

1. Sheer Pink - Has a gorgeous silver shimmer.
  2. Storm - A dark grey/black. 
  3. Sugarplum
  4. Tropical Sun - A coral pink. 
  5. Virtual Violet - A purple that looks dreary on my small eyes. 
  6. Whipped Cocoa (two cards)
  7. Whisper Pink
Duos

1. Blue Moon
  2. Double Espresso
  3. Ivy
  4. Jade
  5. Mirage - A gorgeous lilac and blue combo. 
Skin Care 

1. Shiseido Facial Cotton (165 count) - So soft. I am now spoiled and do not like Sephora and Swisspers cotton pads any longer. 
  2. Sephora Soft Touch Cotton Pads (70 count) - Not as soft as Shiseido cotton. 
  3. A0A Studio (Shop Miss A) Pure Cotton Squares (40 count) - These cost one dollar, and I loved them. They are Japanese style, a dupe for Shiseido, and feel very soft. The only problem is that the bag is small and runs out too quickly. The cute little resealable bag would be amazing for travel. 
  4. Eco Tools Makeup Brush Cleansing Towelette (foil pack) - An extra in an ebay order. I was surprised to find that it has papaya, pineapple, cucumber, oat kernel, aloe, chamomile, jojoba, and vitamin E. 
  5. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (foil packet) - Love the delicate texture and soft rosewater scent. 
  6. Dior Capture Youth Plump Filler serum (foil packet from Sephora) - Smells lovely and feels like an oil. I love this line - there are several beautiful, colorful bottles of serum, each targeted to a particular concern, to mix and match with a cream. Would love to repurchase. 
  7. Clinique 3 Step Skin Care System Type 3 and 4 (foil packets) - I love the new formulas. The cleanser smells fresh and has delicate bubbles. the clarifying lotion is not as strong and overpowering as it was before, and the moisturizing gel feels richer and more hydrating. Would repurchase.
  8. Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Creme (foil packet) - Smells and feels gorgeous. 
  9. Avon Anew Daily Scrub (mini tube)
  10. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub (mini tube)
  11. Avene Hydrance Serum (mini tube from Birchbox) - Comes from a French town with a healing spring. 
  12. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (mini tube from Birchbox) - I loved this cream, and would repurchase it for sure. Soft a soft, richly moisturizing, yet powdery and velvety finish. Wonderful scent. Can be used in multiple ways. Goes back decades as a French cult beauty product. 
  13. Mirenesse Power Lift treatment Cream (mini tube) - Lovely rose scent. 
  14. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (mini bottle from luxury Sephora Play!)
  15. Yves Rocher Anti-Age Global Day Cream
  16. Yves Rocher Serum Vegetal Wrinkles and Firmness Serum 

Used up for January:

• Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish foil pack - So gorgeous and delicate. 
  • Chanel Démaquillant Yeux Intense Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover mini bottle - Has rose in it, very nice. It's the oil in water formula that you shake - I love using those kinds of products. 
  • Borghese Gel Delicato Gentle Makeup Remover - This was a 4 ounce bottle. I believe I got it in a set at the end of 2014. It was sitting on my dresser for years unused. I finally used it all up! It look a long time. It is an ocean blue gel that takes off eye makeup and foundation. 
  • Swisspers Premium Cotton Rounds - I used to love these. Now I don't like the way they feel. I'm spoiled and have to have the Japanese style pads. Shop Miss A has some nice dupes for Shiseido cotton. 
  • Poetic Blend, The Ghost Oil mini bottle - I got this in the October 2017 Petit Vour box. It's a lovely multipurpose beauty oil. It is called Ghost because when you apply it, there is a beautiful floral scent in the air that lingers for a moment, and disappears, like a ghost passing by. It was wonderful in my hair, detangling it without making it oily. 
  • Yves Rocher Sensitive Végétal Soothing Moisturizing Cream mini tube - This is my favorite Yves Rocher cream. They just launched some new creams and one is $75.00. They are supposed to be the affordable line! The new lotion is The Anti-Aging Correcting Supra Essence. I want one. Yves Rocher has a lot of promos. Maybe I can get it on sale. 
  • Yves Rocher Serum Végétal Wrinkles & Radiance Smoothing Care mini tube. It's not exciting after seeing the "Supra Essence". 
  • Gilchrist and Soames Conditioning Shampoo travel size - One of my Christmas presents. I used up two little stocking stuffers this month, and am hoarding the rest of my Christmas presents for later. This had a nice floral scent. 
  • Herbal Essences Naked Volume Conditioner mini bottle - This was in the old white packaging. It is grapefruit scented - one of my favorite scents. I love Tocca Cleopatra perfume. 
  • Baylis & Harding England jojoba, silk & almond oil luxury shower wash mini - The second Christmas present I used up this month. 
  • MK Mary Kay Signature Eye Color Duet - Safari Sunset sample card. (bronze shades).
  • MK Mary Kay Signature Eye Color Duet - Twilight sample card. (blue shades).
  • MK Mary Kay Signature Eye Color Trio - Bamboo/Woodland/Virtual Violet sample card -  When I was a teenager in the 1980s, all of the beauty books and magazines said I should wear purple eye shadow, as I have green eyes. Whenever I went for a makeover, they would give me purple. But the purple colors in the Mary Kay samples look dreary on me. The pale shimmery white, pink, and especially green work best. I also thought since I am not young I should not use shimmer, only matte shadows. A creamy shimmer works so much better than matte for me. I have small eyes and lids and they need brightening up. 
  • MK Mary Kay Signature Eye Color Trio Goldenrod/Woodland/Safari Sunset - sample card. I'm not good at eye shadow. I just put one color on my lids with a sponge tip. I don't even know what the beauty gurus mean when they say "transitional shade". 
  • Yves Rocher Flawless Skin Foundation foil pack - This is a 14 hour foundation. I used it on a epic day of fun. I put it on in the morning, went to a theme park and saw an ABBA tribute concert two times, had lunch out, came home, and went to a Journey tribute concert in the evening. Boy was that a great day! 

Empties from February:

Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color Sample Cards

• Cinnabar
  • Chocolate Kiss
Mini tube of Furterer Lumicia Conditioner - December 2016 Birchbox

Mini tube of Oribe Gold Lust Conditioner - December 2017 Birchbox

Mini Tube of Evologie Blemish Control Serum - December 2017 - extra free Birchbox

Mini bottle of Marula Pure Beauty Oil - December 2017 Birchbox

Although I was off my No Buy, I did not use any of my new things. I kept using up my old things out of habit. So at least I kept up my project pan/use it up. 

Empties for March 

I've been slacking off on my project use it up, due to being off my No Buy regimen and working on my second job. But I do have a little bag of empties!

• Full size Garnier Whole Blends Maple Remedy Shampoo - It's really nice. It smells like something Bath and Body Works would put out in the Fall.
  • Soft & Dri deodorant Sparkling Citrus - Did not work so well. 
  • Assured Cotton Rounds - Dollar Tree brand. Not so good. 
  • Yves Rocher Pur Bleuet Eye Makeup Remover - A cornflower water - very good. 
  • Baylis & Harding jojoba, silk and almond oil refreshing body wash - Christmas gift. 
  • Mini Clark's Botanicals Age Defying Radiance Cream - January 2018 Birchbox. I don't think they make this any more - it was great. 
  • Foil packs of Hydropeptide Power Serum and Solar Defense Non Tinted - These products are made by a geneticist, They say they can work on the genetic level - I wonder how they figure that? Might be worth researching. 

Latest posts

Back