The Pink Panel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep getting successfully through surveys, but haven't been sent anything yet. Do they email you to tell you it's coming?

I keep getting successfully through surveys, but haven't been sent anything yet. Do they email you to tell you it's coming?
this was the first one ever for me to get something and yes, they emailed me to let me know with a bunch of instructions.

Yeah I've gotten through tins of surveys but this is the first time I've been chosen to participate. They emailed and then sent the products.

Wow. In the last two days I have had 3 new testing possibilities. Two that were on Facebook and one just now that said they would email anyone that had profiles that seemed to be good matches (people who said they have combo/oily skin and pore issues, I believe...so check your email if you put those in your initial sign up survey and are between 30 - 40 yrs old I think).

All three have 28 day trials and all have a $75 GC to a 'leading beauty website' for compensation.

Has anyone done a past trial with a GC to a 'leading beauty website' and can say what site it is? My other testing had an Amazon GC as the prize.

Wow. In the last two days I have had 3 new testing possibilities. Two that were on Facebook and one just now that said they would email anyone that had profiles that seemed to be good matches (people who said they have combo/oily skin and pore issues, I believe...so check your email if you put those in your initial sign up survey and are between 30 - 40 yrs old I think).

All three have 28 day trials and all have a $75 GC to a 'leading beauty website' for compensation.

Has anyone done a past trial with a GC to a 'leading beauty website' and can say what site it is? My other testing had an Amazon GC as the prize.
I have the combo/oily/pore issue and I think that's the one I did today (dq).  

When I did the eyelash conditioner study the comp was to the manufacturer's website.  I think it was referred to as 'a leading beauty website' too, but i'm not 100%.

It was Revitalash and I definitely can't complain. Our comp was supposed to be $150, but there was a delay so they bumped it up to $165.  Yowsa.

I definitely think their compensation is amazing! It'll be interesting to see what the leading beauty site is if one of us gets into one of these new studies.

A $165 comp. is pretty incredible! Especially if you liked the test stuff and wouldn't normally shell out that kind of money on those kinds of things!

My comps from L'Oreal have never been the huge ones some studies give out, so $75 to pick what I want from somewhere, would definitely be my best compensation for a product testing. REALLY hoping I get one of them (I finished all three surveys and was left with a 'we will contact you within 5days/1 week' page at the end *crossesfingers*)

I just got the email that I am in for the 'tinted foundation' study. The email does say that the GC will be for this brand's products and all it says about it is that it is a "prestige" brand...which could really mean just about anything, so no clue what brand it will be. Hopefully something good, since I will be able to grab $75 worth of their products when this is over :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess they did not want me for the tinted foundation study because I got the survey back when they posted it but no follow-up e-mail.  Story of my life!

So, I guess I am NOT in the foundation study. They accidentally sent out acceptance emails to the "alternates" for the study (people who would get to participate if one of the chosen people opt out), so they have sent two apology emails and said that all of us that got the inaccurate acceptance would be at the top of the list for other upcoming studies that we qualify for and they gave us the links to two new studies (they are now up on FB, too, so go check facebook to try and qualify, I think both are 30-50 year olds and are for anti-aging products, I believe).

And...now another email from them LOL. They had said that anyone who got the false email and fit the criteria would get a spot in another testing. I just got an email saying I am in for a pore minimizing serum (I believe). Of those three surveys they posted last week that was the one I was most hoping to get into, so yay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The compensation for this one still just says that you get to keep the rest of the product being tested and get the $75 GC to a leading beauty retailer (the last one said $75 to get products from the brand being tested). It will probably be Amazon lol

They ask the question during surveys if you have participated in one in the last 6 months, not sure if that automatically gets you DQ'd or not. There is so little information about the panel, not sure if they have an FAQ on their facebook page or something.

They ask the question during surveys if you have participated in one in the last 6 months, not sure if that automatically gets you DQ'd or not. There is so little information about the panel, not sure if they have an FAQ on their facebook page or something.
I read the FAQ and it says they prefer you to only participate every 6 months, but they also want you to do it as much as possible. So it's not a hard and fast rule.

Thanks for finding that.

It probably depends on what they need for a particular survey. If you're part of a demographic that is hard to fill, they would probably be more likely to let you slide in. I have a feeling there are TONS of people with similar demographics as me, so that's probably why I get so few LOL

Guess I'm in to the serum/eye cream study.  Yay!  Those are two products I'm generally too cheap to buy but like to use.  I rely on sub boxes and freebies (from Amazon vendors who want reviews).

I think my serum is arriving today. I have a UPS shipment coming, that I am not expecting. It's coming from a town in VA and I checked and it's a town near where ThePinkPanel is located. I'm excited about this pore minimizing thingy. I think my trial isn't supposed to start until early Feb, so it seems weird to be getting it so early (last time I did one with them, it came the day before, all of myL'Oreal testing items have come really close to start date), they usually wait, so people aren't as tempted to try them out before the start date LOL

Back