The Year of Big and Superb Locks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Year of Big and Superb Locks

<TABLE class=blockbody2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
95b99fd8fcd7426d8ced3df846e2b41e_beyonce-hair_bg.jpg
</TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD class=blocktext style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" vAlign=top>Big hair seems to have conquered the runways this season. Starting with the fall runway shows and moving into Spring 2005, it has been featured in most collections. Celebrity stylist Ted Gibson, who does hair of Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker and Ashanti, and creates fancy styles on the heads of runway models at Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, and Chanel, has unveiled some of the hair-fashion secrets. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=blocktext style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify">

“It’s really not about back-combing (although that’s ok for a more dramatic evening look), but about creating the maximum volume and texture for your particular hair type,†he told Elle. “To start, I would use a volumizing spray like Aveda’s Volumizing Tonic, paying particular attention to the roots. While blow-drying, the old tip-your-head-upside-down move still does the trick, and you can lock in the volume by intermittently spraying a light hairspray throughout the drying process. When it comes to curling irons, think variety: Bigger ones produce waves, while smaller barrels produce a tighter curl. Whatever you choose, the contemporary way to curl is to use the iron at THE ROOT of your hair—using sections about 2-3 inches long—not from the ends up, like in the ’80s. The overall result? Big, sexy, current modern hair. What woman wouldn’t want that?â€

Charles Worthington, stylist to the likes of Sophie Dahl, Jodie Kidd and Rosanna Arquette, recommends keeping hair in superb shape this year. “Get regular trims every six weeks to keep split ends at bay and your style in shape,“ reported his guidelines ieNewcastle. “You should also treat dehydrated, over-styled hair to a weekly deep intensive conditioning treatment. Wrap your hair in a warm towel while the conditioner is on to help it penetrate the hair shaft.“

http://www.fashiongates.com/Magazine...4-01-2005.html

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm liking the new idea of big hair. It's nothing like Dynasty, Dallas or Knots Landing, but more Veronica Lake w/a new twist.

I really like it but can never achieve it without my hair looking like a fuzz ball!! I've tried blow drying it upside down for volume but then i never the curls i want.

I love it! I just wish I had my 'pre-easystraight' hair back to be able to do it! LOL No matter how much I seem to trim off, I still have sticks
icon_rolleyes.gif
Looks like another season of flat-head for me!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Laura That's ok Janelle coz i'll be a flat head too!! FLAT-HEADS OF THE WORLD.... UNITE!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Diane I want your straight hair! I have curly/wavy hair and I hate it! At least you have the option to wear it different ways... LOL Mine will barely wave anymore - hopefully it grows out back to the way it was... but my roots are pretty straight - so who knows
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Diane I want your straight hair! I have curly/wavy hair and I hate it! I have curly/wavy hair but it's frizzy wavy if i let it dry naturally. Saying that, it's not ALL bad (i know it could be worse) but i just can't pull off the big hair thing so i use my ceramic straightener on a daily basis instead

Latest posts

Back