Thinking about getting implants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
girl_geek, I have the same problem, I have small boobs, so I hate bra shopping! I never find a bra. If I do, I buy them in all colors.

well during my whole university studies I had this one bra. Until I finally found another bra after graduating and having a job, that i was able to buy all colors it was in.

The only time that I think that breast implants are acceptable are when you have so miniature breasts that it REALLY affects your life; you feel can't wear a bikini or bathing suit...you buy much larger bras and stuff them to make them look bigger...If you're breasts are about B or a little less, don't do it. PLEASE. Then again, it is your choice.

I guess I really can't say anything since my (European size!) is 85D

I feel bad when my female friends tell me that they envy me for my breasts. Why?? They might be big, but that doens't mean they are pretty! In my opinion, small-medium breasts that are firm are the nicest.

Also, it is hard to find D-sizes in normal stores! All the nicest bras are A-C!

So having big breasts...well think it over before you do it. And don't exaggerate, because that is NEVER pretty.

I've thought about it before, but at the moment I'm really happy about the size, shape and look of mine as they are.
smile.gif
I think if you choose to get implants, it's your choice and I'm not against them.

honnstly, i LOVE LOVE LOVE my boobs. i was blessed with them, and theyre a nice 36D. i was also blessed with nice full lips. id be upset if i lost either now, i meet "those" kinds of men. who with nice breasts doesnt lol. i think one day women's eyes will evolve to their chest just to make everyones life easier!!!
laughing.gif

anyways, i agree with what some of you ladies were saying about haveing small boobs and waking up one day with big one's. when theyre yours you've grown WITH them, you know how to carry yourself, when u jsut get them you are a little boob person with a new big boobs.i think it's wise to have so,eomne who wont let the implants get to your head either! and i think we all agree on the same point it REALLY matters WHY you want them!! if you want them for YOU then i say research research research!! and think about it, i think the wait a year idea is very smart. i just think you need to do it for the right reasons, and understand the implications for later on. really though, as long as you dress decently, and dont exaggerate, you;ll be okay. i mean, men look at women with nice small perky boobs, hell! i even look at them
biggrin.gif
...so good luck honey and you've got some great pro-and con arguments here so use them to your best advantage! xoxo

Well girls....Im scheduled for Dec 22nd to have implants and a tummy tuck! The tummy tuck is my main concern, breasts are a secondary...kind of icing on the cake :) I got my date last Wed but Im just now starting to get revved up...it's only 3 weeks away! I'm having trouble getting overly excited yet tho, still 3 weeks for something to go wrong and it not happen. Ive wanted a tt for years but could never afford it. I have to finance most of it even now but at least now I have a good enough job to pay it off fairly quickly. I'll take before/after shots for you all.

Does anyone realize that it is more difficult to detect breast cancer if you have implants? That would be the #1 Reason I would not get them! AND yes they look sexy, if you think two torpedos on your chest are sexy..... I have seen one set of breast implants that looked natural and they were implanted under the muscle. My friend spent $9000 on those babies...

After thinking about it for a number of years I had a BA. I went from a barely there 32A to a 32D. They look and feel great. Look very natural and fit my frame. I'm tall and slender, so I got whats perfect for me. I'm, not going to say my life has changed completely, but it has changed in many ways and I love them and do not regret getting it done at all. Wish I had done it sooner actually. I think most women (that I know anyway) that are an A cup or have lost their previous size due to having children and breast feeding, would think about having a BA. It is not because society dictates that big boobs are the only beautiful, desirable thing. I think the "wish" comes from within. It's part of being a woman, a big part of what makes us feminine. The breasts are perhaps the most obvious, visual thing that sets our physique apart from the males. It's an ancient symbol of womanhood and fertility. The fascination and obsession with boobs is not a new thing. Some of the oldest known sculptures are of women with enormous boobs. They were celebrated and worshipped. I have always felt attractive, have received my share of attention from guys and did not do this due to outside pressures. It was something I did for myself, because I wanted it. Now I no longer think about "them". They are just there. It's a feeling I can't explain, but it's like I now have what puberty didn't give me. It is not wrong to do something for yourself that makes you feel good. As long as you are not hurting anyone. And the bra shopping......wohoo
smile.gif

Oh, and if you think implants are bad, dangerous etc... go to a good plastic surgeon and have them explain a thing or two for you. It's safe. There is no actual evidence that silicone is harmful. The cohesive gel implants wont leak into your body. The scar tissue that forms around the implant also act as a protection for your body. Don't believe the hype and propaganda of those sensationalist tv-shows. It's all about making informed decisions. Do your research before you form an opinion. If you go to a good PS you will also get good, natural-looking results. Hmmm, torpedoes? You only get torpedoes if you ask for it
smile.gif
You can't say all the boob-jobs you have seen have been like this, because most of the time you can't tell. If you saw me, you wouldn't know. You would just be jealous of my perfect pair
wink.gif

Oh, and I'm amazed that women with small breasts have stronger feelings and more things to say about implants than those of us who have them...Is it really that offensive to you? Do you think about it a lot? If you are going to write about "facts and statistics" make sure you get it right! Ok, that was my opinion on the matter
smile.gif

I'm only 20yrs. old and I just had a baby 6months ago, I'm naturally very large breasted and after having my son I HATE my chest. Where as I used to love them lol but I've definitely thought about a breast lift after I have one more child, possibly breast implants. But I would definitely go for the more natural look.

First, for the record, I am a 36AA.... the same cup size as a 34A, but with a wider ribcage.

Originally Posted by Bea /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, and I'm amazed that women with small breasts have stronger feelings and more things to say about implants than those of us who have them...Is it really that offensive to you? Do you think about it a lot? Maybe it's because society is so focused on large breasts, that we can't help but think of it a lot! Just as there's a lot of overweight girls who constantly think about being skinny due to society's messages -- that's what leads to eating disorders, after all! (Not that I am comparing breast implants to eating disorders -- please don't misinterpret me -- I'm just trying to give another example of how society influences how we feel about our bodies!) And for girls that don't mind their smaller boobs but get sick of society telling us that big boobs are beautiful -- well it gets frustrating sometimes! Whereas people who have the implants now have a figure that is at least closer to society's ideal beauty, so of course they are going to feel better about themselves!
No offense to anyone with implants -- Bea, I am glad that you got your since it made you happy! But what annoys me is that I *would* be happy with my boobs if I wasn't constantly bombarded with images of "beautiful" girls with big boobs. I think my boobs look fine and are in proportion with my slender figure. I feel very sexy when I wear a bra and shirt that fits properly -- I can even show cleavage! (Though most of the time I am too modest to do so!) I love *not* having to worry about guys staring at my chest (except for hubby!) -- especially since I work with mostly men! And most importantly, hubby absolutely loves my boobs -- he is constantly telling me so and wanting to see them, and whenever I mention they are small, he looks at me with genuine shock that I would even consider thinking that my boobs are less than perfect!
icon_eek.gif
In fact, when my boobs get bigger during PMS, he tells me, "They look weird, like big balloons!" and he doesn't like it! So I could never get implants just because he wouldn't like them
wink.gif

So the reason I ever get unhappy with my small boobs is when I start comparing myself to women who have figures that are more curvy and considered more "beautiful", and when I go bra shopping -- in 5 years I have only found one bra in my size with underwires and little to no padding (which I prefer) -- why do they think all smaller girls want soft cups or tons of fake looking padding? Grr... If more brands made my bra size, I'd be much happier with my boobs! Actually, for 5 years I never found a bra that fit completely perfect, and I would get so frustrated after bra shopping that I would almost cry, even though normally my small boobs didn't bother me much! But recently I found one brand that fit perfectly (Wacoal), and I was ecstatic!
biggrin.gif
For the first time, I loved my boobs after a day of bra shopping because this bra fit me so perfectly!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Now I have no reason to dislike my boobs!

But anyways, if anyone thinks they will be genuinely happy with breast implants, then go for it! But I personally could never do it, because I would feel like I am just giving into society's messages and perpetuating the stereotype that big boobs are beautiful, since there's really no other reason I would want them. So as long as you are truly doing it for YOU, and not for society or a man or anything like that, that is fine with me...

As for Bea's point about feeling feminine -- yeah, I suppose I can see that and I understand your point, although I don't really feel that way myself. Things like hair, makeup, and clothing -- and perhaps most importantly, attitude and behavior -- contribute much more to feminity than the size of your breasts (in my opinion). I have seen plenty of girls with big boobs who still don't otherwise look or act feminine, and plenty of smaller girls who I thought were gorgeous and/or very feminine
wink.gif

Anyways, just my opinion, you all can take it or leave it
biggrin.gif

did you get it done yet??? im wanting to get mine replace and go a lil bigger
laughing.gif

Hi girl geek. I do get your point about seeing images of skinny girls with big boobs and then that makes you feel bad about yourself. I personally never felt bad about myself because of that. Not in that way. Most of the time I felt great about myself, apart from my lack of boobs. And that was magnified when i went clothes shopping ar bra shopping. And although I have always felt that there is room for all shapes and sizes in the world, in me this was like a "loss", there was something missing from me that all other women seemed to have. It's hard to explain, but I relate to everything you write beacause it reminds me of exactly how I felt. Confused, torn between being unaffected by it and then deeply affected. I understand it much more now that it's no longer an issue. My point from before is that I don't think there is such a big focus on big boobs as you say there is in society. Some men are very focused on it, but most men do not care. Also, the ideal of beauty that you see in magazines etc. is of very thin models with no chest at all!!! That is where the pressure comes from according to you, and I don't see boobs in there at all. That is why I said i think we get the dissatisfaction from within. It's much more complex than blaming it on bra-manufacturers and other people's opinions. I don't buy it, and I have been there myself. My hubby didn't want me to get BA done, none of my friends thought I should do it, and that included male friends. It is just in us somewhere. It's instinctual, connected to sex and femininity. I agree that big boobs do not make you feminine by themselves, but it is just one of the main things that are connected to being a woman, and not a little girl. The way people perceive me has not changed at all since my BA. I don't get men staring at my boobs instead of talking to me (beacuse I always have a lot of interesting things to say
smile.gif
), and I still get taken very seriously by everyone I encounter. My personality has not changed. My chest is not a big deal or an issue for anyone else, it's just now it's not an issue for me either!! It is just something i can't explain I think. I don't see PS as any different than improving yourself in any other way. It is more invasive, but if you can afford it, have thought about it and are doing it for the right reasons (to improve your quality of life in some way) then I am all for it. I didn't need to have the BA to "complete" me, but it has just taken away an issue. Oh, I don't think I am explaining this very well. I understand what you are saying. I have been there feeling the same way. I get that "I don't want to feel this way", "I don't want this to be an issue for me", rationalising it and being almost defensive about it, that I used to feel. I hope you can get to a place where you are happy about yourself, regardless of what other people think. Oh, and don't not do something like this just because your boyfriend might not like it. A BA is something you should do, or not do, for yourself!! My hubby didn't want me to, but he still loves both them and me
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply, Bea! But I honestly am happy with how I look the vast majority of the time, I was just trying to explain why some girls with smaller boobs (myself included, at times) get offended or worked up about topics like this, and maybe I emphasized the negative too much. I know there are a lot of super-skinny models out there with no boobs, but there's also tons of models and celebrities who are skinny and do have boobs -- for example, Victoria's Secret catalogs. I look at their lingerie and swimsuits and think, "Yeah right, that won't look the same on me!" lol (Of course I also imagine most of them have implants -- I've only known one girl in real life who was naturally skinny with big boobs!) I guess if I spent more time looking at the runways full of anorexic models rather than air-brushed catalogs, I would feel better and think, "At least I have bigger boobs than her!" lol

But, when I forget about those images and when I'm wearing a bra that actually fits, I feel great about myself! And honestly, I feel more confident about my body more when I'm naked than with clothes on -- most of my body image frustrations just come from clothes shopping!

To put it in more perspective, a few years ago I lost a lot of weight due to some medical problems, and at that point I truly HATED my body -- you could see every bone in my body, and I was always wearing long pants, long sleeves, high necklines, etc. to cover myself up. One day I tried on a shirt with a low neckline that my mom liked and said I should buy, but I literally cried because all I could see was my bony collarbones! If I had been married at the time, I would have been super embarrassed to undress in front of my husband. So I was THRILLED when I finally started gaining weight, and now I feel so confident about my new body! So it is very frustrating for me to feel good about myself most of the time, to feel great about myself when hubby compliments me (which is often), to feel downright sexy in my swimsuit (which has a halter top that gives me amazing cleavage) or in sexy lingerie, but then to suddenly be so frustrated that clothes don't fit! And it's not just my boobs -- I could also complain about how my hips are too skinny in proportion to my waist, so any Misses size pants are super baggy in the hips and butt, and I have to shop in Juniors which is mostly too young and/or trashy for my taste. (Actually, lately that has frustrated me more than bra shopping!) But when I find clothes that do fit (or when I am naked, hehe), I really do feel good about my body! I honestly do think that if clothes/bras were easier to fit, I'd have practically no complaints about my body -- because the only time I really complain about my body is when I am clothes shopping! Yeah, I might occasionally feel inadequate when looking at those VS catalogs, but otherwise I think I would be fine.

Like I said, I am happy that you are happy with your implants, but I don't think I ever could be. I totally agree with you that you should get implants for yourself -- that is why I could never get them, because I am happy with myself, and the only reasons I can think of to get them would be pretty superficial (just for looks, or to make bras fit -- but why spend thousands just to make bras fit, when I have a bra that fits for $45?! lol, but I am pretty frugal
wink.gif
) But, if anyone has un-superficial (is that a word?) reasons for implants -- something that would make you feel happy all the time, not just when you're clothes shopping or tying to attract a guy -- then yes, I would say you should at least consider it!

Anyways, I have rambled on long enough, and I apologize for hijacking this thread and probably boring the rest of the readers
smile.gif

wave.gif
I get ya! Also, someone should make bras especially engineered for smaller boobs!!! They should be beautiful and come in a huge variety, and not be available in bigger sizes. If someone did this they would not only make a lot of money, but they would also help lots of women feel better about themselves. I remember having just one bra that fit well and made me feel good- one!- for two years.

I know this thread is old,but I am seriously considering implants. I no longer have a car note,so I wont have to finance them,I only had one child almost 25 years ago,and I think my breasts look horrible. I just think having them would really help proportions.I have the a** just no boobs!

You can either have a BA or else you could just have your boobs lifted if they're not very small but a bit saggy (and i think that surgery is cheaper, since you don't have to pay for the implant)

I once had big boobs, and did a breast reduction, and now i'm happy with my boobs - i even feel a bit weird now because BC made them a bit bigger

If I had the money, I'd get them. My boobs are already big but I'd love to never wear a bra and I'd love for them to just go where they need to be without support!!

I've had mine for about 8 months now and looovvvve them! They're a big D, some bras a DD but I have big shoulders and a good sized frame so they don't look stripper-ish. I love how they stand up all on their own but surgeon told me to wear a bra at all times unless showering or having sex LOL said he doesnt want to see me in 20 years with em on my belly....so they will sag if you don't harness em.

I say if you want it for you...go for it!

if a person thinks she looks terrible it can seriously destroy her but then the prob comes from her mind about what her value is. i agree with a lot of girls here . i myself cant get implants. for a better look or better self esteem ? i have to stuff 2 plastic bag in my chest ? no. i m much more than just my look.

in the end u know ur breast are fake. *sorry if it seems a lil mean. but i m really against stuffing sth unnatural to pretend sth natural.

believe it or not, a lotta people say yeah they look really nice and yes they do look nice on some ppl if they get it done right but what they truely think is no way i m getting my breasts stuff for a so called better look.

*ready to be bashed now*

Back