Thinking about getting implants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I had the money, I'd get them. My boobs are already big but I'd love to never wear a bra and I'd love for them to just go where they need to be without support!! You can get just a lifting
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can either have a BA or else you could just have your boobs lifted if they're not very small but a bit saggy (and i think that surgery is cheaper, since you don't have to pay for the implant)
I once had big boobs, and did a breast reduction, and now i'm happy with my boobs - i even feel a bit weird now because BC made them a bit bigger

Lia-I dont have that option as mine are too small to bother with a lift.I am the only female on both sides of the family to have small breasts. My younger sister got her share and mine!

You only live once & if the option is there to make you look and feel better about yourself ..WHY NOT? Get them and enjoy.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I do it I'm only going to a full B small C. I'm totally happy with my body as it is, so is the man
wink.gif
I would do it because I think it looks great and I could wear more of a variety of clothes.
that's not a dramatic difference...if you can FULLY afford to pay for it then go ahead...if you know payments are an issue then stick to padded or push up bras (Victoria's Secret makes good ones)

Hello ,

A breast implant is a prosthesis used to alter the size and shape of a woman's breasts (known as breast augmentation, breast enlargement, mammoplasty enlargement, augmentation mammoplasty or the common slang term boob job) for cosmetic reasons, to reconstruct the breast (e.g. after a mastectomy or to correct congenital chest wall deformities), or as an aspect of male-to-female gender transition. A breast tissue expander is a temporary breast implant used during staged breast reconstruction procedures. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation is the most commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States. According to data collected by the American Society of Plastic Surgery, in 2007, 307,230 breast augmentation procedures were performed in the U.S., a 12% decrease compared to the previous year. This decrease has been associated with the financial challenges posed by a struggling economy. Despite the decrease, however, breast augmentation surgeries remained as the number one surgical cosmetic procedure performed in the U.S..[citation needed]

There are two primary types of breast implants: saline-filled and silicone-gel-filled implants. Saline implants have a silicone elastomer shell filled with sterile saline liquid. Silicone gel implants have a silicone shell filled with a viscous silicone gel. Several alternative types of breast implants had been developed, such as polypropylene string or soy oil, but these are no longer manufactured.

Pectoral implants are a related device used in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of the male chest wall.

Thanks,
Mark

I've been thinking of getting implants. I've been wearing makeup since I was in middle school (and very badly...learning by trial and error, lol), so I'm familiar and comfortable with the idea of changing something about myself if I don't like it. That's kind of how I view implants, as a kind of 'tweak' just to change your image a little bit more to your satisfaction. Then again, I definitely wouldn't get huge ones, or even very noticeable ones...just maybe up a size or two, I want to keep them as natural looking as possible, I'm not super small to begin with, I usually wear a 34B. I can understand that smaller breasts would look better on slimmer girls. I'm not remotely large but I do have an hourglass figure that would be voluptuous, if not for my lack of boobs, haha. Think Jessica Rabbit without the chest....it just looks kind of odd. I just want to balance out my figure a little bit. And I'm not gonna lie...I do like sexual attention, and especially with me being in a business where being sexually attractive is the crux of making any money at all.

is the price tag that you gave the same for saline implants? Cause I think I'd prefer those...

Edit: Okay WHOA, sorry, I just realised the thread itself is 3 years old. My bad...
smile.gif

Yes, LOL you may just want to start a new one or something. 

Originally Posted by Anissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been thinking of getting implants. I've been wearing makeup since I was in middle school (and very badly...learning by trial and error, lol), so I'm familiar and comfortable with the idea of changing something about myself if I don't like it. That's kind of how I view implants, as a kind of 'tweak' just to change your image a little bit more to your satisfaction. Then again, I definitely wouldn't get huge ones, or even very noticeable ones...just maybe up a size or two, I want to keep them as natural looking as possible, I'm not super small to begin with, I usually wear a 34B. I can understand that smaller breasts would look better on slimmer girls. I'm not remotely large but I do have an hourglass figure that would be voluptuous, if not for my lack of boobs, haha. Think Jessica Rabbit without the chest....it just looks kind of odd. I just want to balance out my figure a little bit. And I'm not gonna lie...I do like sexual attention, and especially with me being in a business where being sexually attractive is the crux of making any money at all.

is the price tag that you gave the same for saline implants? Cause I think I'd prefer those...

Edit: Okay WHOA, sorry, I just realised the thread itself is 3 years old. My bad...
smile.gif

I actually don't mind them at all.  If I could afford it, I would definitely do it.  To each his own.  It's like me now having braces.  No one thought I needed it.  But in the end I did it because it was something I thought I needed/wanted to do.  Go with your gut doll.  

I couldn't vote because the choices were a bit extreme.  

Self esteem first!  Plastic surgery is often addictive and expensive to maintain.

My aunt had silicone implants many years ago and one leaked.  She has suffered health problems since the 1970s, such as weak nails and hair, fatigue, headaches.  Another girl I know had saline implants and one leaked. She didn't get sick but you could tell a big difference in the two sides.  She got it repaired.. for a price.

My advice is to wait until the last moment necessary.  Implants don't last forever and most likely will have to be replaced at some point-it's different for everyone.  You may also wish to wait until you have children as the weight gain in pregnancy can cause breasts to stretch and then droop and you may not be able to breastfeed if you choose.  It would be quite annoying to get implants then get pregnant soon afterwards.

It's also harder to detect breast cancer or cysts with implants, some women also get capsular contracture.

A study showed that women with breast implants also ran a higher risk of suicide.  Another study showed the older you are when you get implants, the more satisfied you will be.

It's your decision and no one else's.  But don't be fooled by television and magazines and the internet.  Most men i've ever asked said they prefer women with no implants..1. because foreign objects in the body are weird  2. It says a lot about a person's self esteem and values.

So if you get them make sure you do extensive research and interview several board certified plastic surgeons.  He/she should discuss your options, the risks(including death), and realistic views and a psychological evaluation.  Sometimes something as little as exercise can boost your brain chemicals making you feel better about your whole body. When i was in my early 20's i wanted implants badly. Now, 3 kids later, and almost 30, I no longer want them.  I love my breasts!  I can tell you i have only seen a few good breast jobs but so many bad ones way more bad jobs!

If you have very uneven breasts, some sort of disfigurement or large breasts that hurt your back or neck I can see having surgery, but for me, natural is more attractive at nearly every age.  I'm a D and there is nothing wrong with an A..you can ask most men and they don't have  a size preference..its whats in your brain and how you use your body that counts.

I think it's fine to get them as long as you REALLY want them and it's completely for you. I don't agree with getting plastic surgery because your man tells you to or it's a trendy thing to do. I am open to getting work done myself, but I take it very seriously because it is surgery. Best of luck to any women here who are getting breast implants or anything else done.

I haven't had any work done yet, don't plan to, but am all for it.  

I'm a full B and I think it looks good on me.  I haven't ever received complaints either, so I haven't had any desire to have it done.  My mom's best friend growing up had it done, and it really made her feel better about herself.  She was medium framed but had really small breasts and really that was her only issue that she felt that correction was necessary.

My uncle is a plastic surgeon and he said that more frequent than it should be, the woman he's consulting for breast implants needs therapy WAY more than the giant breasts they seek.  He also doesn't like doing megaboob jobs, he really tries to make things look proportional and right on the frame.  Making a girl way topheavy isn't a good advertisement for his practice.

I would never get breast implants even though I'm pretty flat! I would just feel fake, and I don't want like fake silicone things inside of me haha. Plus, you can have complications with them, and you will most likely need to have more surgeries in the future.

I've never had surgery but something about it freaks me out. I mean you go in for breast implants and might come out with butt implants or 25 toes. It just all freaks me out.

Now me personally I would not get implants unless I was so flat that I basically had no breast! But if you want them then get them.

Considering this thread is still going on...

Just wanted to add something that I think most people don't realize: Breast Implants are not permanent.  They're not made to last the rest of your life, and will more than likely need to eventually go in for additional surgery to eventually get them removed or replaced.  The average lifespan is about 10 years (which explains why most come with a 10-year warranty), although some will need replacing much faster or later, depending on how your body adjusts to them and luck.  They generally have a known rupture rate of about 1% per year.  You'll likely need more surgeries throughout your life to maintain replacement implants or eventually get them removed (after which your body won't go back to its formal, non-scarred, non-stretched, pre-surgery/implant self).

You usually have to jump through some extra hoops checking on them (regular MRI's to make sure they're not ruptured, and more skilled people to check your mammograms), which will also cost you some extra cash.

Most people think it's a one time surgery that will give them prettier boobs for life, and it's not.

Latest posts

Back