Thinking about getting Laura Mercier Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried the Laura Mercier foundation once at the counter and had the SA apply it but I didn't like to too much. I've been wondering about getting it and trying it again after I read from Laura Mercier's website how you are suppose to apply it. It looked too heavy on me before because I think the SA applied too much and didn't blend well enough so I didn't like the coverage. I was looking at the oil free version. Any thoughts on this girls? I've rediscovered my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It's my holy grail foundation for days when I don't want that much coverage. It doesn't make me break out and it makes my skin looking so nice and smooth. I'm totally in love with this tinted moisturizer but for days when I'm looking for more coverage I'm wanting to get the oil free foundation. I think the problem I had with the tinted moisturizer before was that I didn't apply it on clean skin. I used a moisturizer under it and I think it was too much for my oily skin.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I tried the Laura Mercier foundation once at the counter and had the SA apply it but I didn't like to too much. I've been wondering about getting it and trying it again after I read from Laura Mercier's website how you are suppose to apply it. It looked too heavy on me before because I think the SA applied too much and didn't blend well enough so I didn't like the coverage. I was looking at the oil free version. Any thoughts on this girls? I've rediscovered my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It's my holy grail foundation for days when I don't want that much coverage. It doesn't make me break out and it makes my skin looking so nice and smooth. I'm totally in love with this tinted moisturizer but for days when I'm looking for more coverage I'm wanting to get the oil free foundation. I think the problem I had with the tinted moisturizer before was that I didn't apply it on clean skin. I used a moisturizer under it and I think it was too much for my oily skin. Even sometimes w/ my oily skin - foundation put on a clean face will sometimes look flaky and almost dry in some spots.. I always use a moisturizer (even with my BE minerals) but I put it on about 10 min. before I do my makeup... so it's got time to sink in. And sometimes If there is still a dry spot, I'll just dab a bit of lotion over the makeup. But try letting it absorb for a bit before you put the makeup on. Using a moisturizer of some sort seems to give me better 'blendability' than without. If you use a sponge to apply it... try wetting the sponge first (then ring it out so it's damp) it will usually help the makeup go on more smoothly and evenly
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Reija, it's so ironic that you posted this tonight because I was just reading the article in Allure with Laura Mercier "Flawless Logic" and my husband just finished scanning it for me so I can upload it to share here on the forum. But, I'm having problems doing it..but I'll keep trying. Plus, my mom's here and she was just saying that she loves her Laura Mercier Moisturizing foundation. She won't leave her house without it. You must have ESP! LOL

I tried Laura's primer and it didn't do much for me but I haven't tried her foundations. I have her hydrating gel mask and I love it! Have you tried the MAC foundations? I need more moisture than the MAC select has and my mom thinks I will like her fooundation. So, I'm going to do a test with hers. It's going to be such a bummer to have to go back to the MAC store. LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I haven't tried the MAC foundations since I used Studiofix and it made me break out. Otherwise I do use MAC for eye shadows, lipsticks, lip liners and mascara. I might have to get to mall one of these days and go check the Laura Mercier foundations out. I used the powder foundation before and it's the best! I think better coverage than Chanel and now they have expanded the color selection for Laura Mercier powder foundation.

What about Bobbi Brown foundations Reija? I've never tried Laura Mercier foundations but i did use Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation before & i really liked it. It doesn't give much coverage so that's why i only use it every now & then these days. Ask at your local BB counter for a sample!

I'm really liking the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - have you tried that yet? it's light, but still has good coverage. My mom tried it, now she's hooked and since Ulta had a buy-one-get-one-free sale on Maybelline, she bought all they had!
icon_eek.gif
(And I thought I was bad!!!! LOL)

I haven't tried it yet. I keep forgetting to check it out when I'm out and about. Gotta remember next time.

That's a good point, gotta check out the Bobbi Brown foundations too. I'm looking for more coverage though and I've heard that the Laura Mercier has a really good coverage but it might be too heavy if not applied propelly. I've heard good things about Bobbi Brown foundations though too and I have the BB ski lopes palette which I use almost every day.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) That's a good point, gotta check out the Bobbi Brown foundations too. I'm looking for more coverage though and I've heard that the Laura Mercier has a really good coverage but it might be too heavy if not applied propelly. I've heard good things about Bobbi Brown foundations though too and I have the BB ski lopes palette which I use almost every day. You should try Shiseido. They have a lot of different formulas, and none of them clog pores!
I have combo skin, and am using the cream foundation right now, since it's dry in Seattle this time of year. It has excellent medium coverage, but does not look cakey at all. It feels so great on my dehydrated skin! I barely have to use any concealer after I put on my foundation.

They also have a fluid foundation which is lighter, and better for oily skin.

The stick foundation is awesome if you don't need coverage on your whole face. Just apply where needed & blend.

If you like compact foundation, they have 3 different formulas for that as well.

Thanks for the info on Shiseido! I've never tried their foundations. Gotta check em out.

Studio Gear makes a nice liquid foundation... I apply mine with a foundation brush by Japonesque... it's very nice
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) That's a good point, gotta check out the Bobbi Brown foundations too. I'm looking for more coverage though and I've heard that the Laura Mercier has a really good coverage Then Reija, i would stay away from BB Oil Free Foundation coz that has minimal coverage. I've been wanting to try maybelline dream matte mousse too so i think i'll check it out as soon as i get some $$ again
biggrin.gif

Reija, I did try my mom's Laura Mercier moisturizing foundation and I really liked it. I didn't realize that I needed more moisture but I guess I did. I have combo skin so I've always got oil-free foundations thinking the moisture ones would make me break out. I'll found soon but I hope not. So, when I went to the mall with my hubby & kid's. My husband said, "I know your dying to go get makeup so go ahead." lol So, I went and bought the foundation & some MAC stuff. I put it on and I love it! It gives good coverage and it feels good on. It doesn't feel like I had anything on and your so right about their powder. I didn't buy it yet but I tried it. It's feels very light too and lasted about 6 hours. I was really surprised. Plus, the SA gave me samples of LM's cleanser, red clay mask, moisturizer and face scrub. I tried them last night and this morning..and I like them. I'm going to try them a few more times and see how it goes.
icon_smile.gif

BTW - how do you pronounce your name? Is the j silent?

Ok, you are getting me even more interested in the foundation now.
icon_wink.gif
Keep me posted on your samples. I'm going to have to go get some. My name is pronounced "Raya". That's what I usually tell people if we are out and about and I have to tell people my name. The spelling is just so weird being finnish that I would never expect people to know how to pronounce it.

Reija, last night I was wearing the LM foundation, a little blush, gloss, mascara. A quick makeup job and my husband said, "your face looks a little different" I said, what do you mean? He said, "it looks softer..smoother. Did you do one of those Microderma things?" LMAO I said, No it's the Laura Mercier makeup. He said, "well I like that." LOL He gives me compliments on my makeup and clothes..etc But, this was different. Do you know what I mean?

Maybe you could just go and try it on again to see if you like it. So far I like the cleanser, the mask and scrub. I like the moisturizer too but I want to give it a few more days to make sure.

It's a pretty name!
smile.gif
Finnish? really? Were you born in Finland or the US? I think it would be so cool to live in another country.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ok, you are getting me even more interested in the foundation now.
icon_wink.gif
Keep me posted on your samples. I'm going to have to go get some. My name is pronounced "Raya". That's what I usually tell people if we are out and about and I have to tell people my name. The spelling is just so weird being finnish that I would never expect people to know how to pronounce it.

If you husband noticed then that's a really good thing! I will have to try that. I think because my skin is more on the combo/oily side I better try the oil free foundation. I'm wanting to try the moisturizer and the mask and the scrub too! Thanks for the info Diane!

Reija, I'm so bummed out because the LM Moisturizing foundation didn't have enough moisture in it for me and I really liked it.
icon_sad.gif
My husband did too. So, one of my sisters recommended that I try Stila Complete Coverage because it's very mositurizing and She loves it. I have combo/sensitive but it's more on the dry side right now (winter). The winds here are not helping.either.So, I got a sample , tried it and bought it, I Love it, it seems perfect for me!!
icon_biggrin.gif
I will probably use the LM in the summer.I hope my search is finally over. Did you try the LM oild free?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) If you husband noticed then that's a really good thing! I will have to try that. I think because my skin is more on the combo/oily side I better try the oil free foundation. I'm wanting to try the moisturizer and the mask and the scrub too! Thanks for the info Diane!

Latest posts

Back