Threading (merged info threads!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister just had hers threaded last week in Houston they looked great and she would get BAD breakouts from waxing I would get the occassional breakout also.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 My ex's mother used to get this done, & she loved it. I've always wanted to try it - since I get really bad reactions from waxing... but I don't know anyone out here that does it - most people that operate salons by me are Asian and pretty much only wax.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Janelle you should come out to hicksville,there are a whole bunch of indian slaons that do it here.Ive had it done before and i like the way it came out!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Janelle you should come out to hicksville,there are a whole bunch of indian slaons that do it here.Ive had it done before and i like the way it came out!!
biggrin.gif
Cool! I just might!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome Jodie!!!
smile.gif

oh, my god. i LOVE threading. my eyebrows look sooooo good. i will never go back to waxing. i've been getting them done like this for a little less than a year.

oh, and my place that i get it done at isn't listed on that website diane gave out, and i'm sure there's lots of more places!

Originally Posted by jodie_m i used to have it done regularly but my hair grows so fast i didnt like the in between time. it hurts quite a lot (mayb im a baby tho) and a friend of mine had to stop cos she couldnt take the redness she got afterwards. it isnt taking the hair from the route so its just like shaiving (a very nice close shave tho) Welcome to MuT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you. Happy to have you here!!

Originally Posted by jodie_m

i used to have it done regularly but my hair grows so fast i didnt like the in between time. it hurts quite a lot (mayb im a baby tho) and a friend of mine had to stop cos she couldnt take the redness she got afterwards. it isnt taking the hair from the route so its just like shaiving (a very nice close shave tho)

Welcome Jody M to MakeupTalk!

Oh I don't know about threading. It was really nice, fast, and cheap, but I didn't like how my brows looked afterwards. I like having arched shapely 50's Marilyn Monroe type of brows, and threading gave me flat angular brows. I don't know if it was just that particular women, but I haven't gotten threaded again. Waxing works just fine for me and I can get the brow shape that I like.

Originally Posted by Trisha I always mean to have mine threaded, The Lauder counter in Selfridges has a brow bar and they offer threading! It always looks so precise and neat! x

WOW!!! I didn't know Lauder had "Brow Bars" ?????? Benefit in California has Brow Bars in Macy's and has had them in our boutiques for 29 years! Funny we call them brow bars too. I wonder why Lauder doesn't have them here in the states????????????

Back