Quantcast

To Palette, or not to Palette?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
How many of you depot your e/s to put them in palettes?

If you do, then are you using the MAC 4 or 15 pans?

Reaction score
oooh, i love a good palette-ing session. i have all of mine in mac 15 pans. i do have a 4 pan, but i only use it for travelling.

im short on time right now, but if anyone has any questions about de potting certain brands, ill post more later.

Reaction score
i used to do, but messed them up so much that i don't depot anymore.
i still have some Milani e/s that could be depotted, but i'm so afraid i'll mess it up that it sits in my stash staring @ me. LOL!

Reaction score
I only have 1 MAC 15 pan palette, 1 MAC 4 pan palette & 1 Stila 4 pan palette filled.. The rest of my eyeshadows haven't been touched YET! Out of the 24 eyeshadows i depotted, i only ever chipped one. The method i use for the MAC shadows is

1. Blasting a hairdryer on the eyeshadow for 1 minutes,

2. Then i stick a knife down the side & under the eyeshadow & pop it out.

3. VOILA! It's dead easy

Reaction score
i dont go for all of that baking, freezing, or toaster oven-ing nonsense. i hold my shadows on a metal spatula over a candle, and i pry the pan out with a tiny eye glasses screwdriver. i have a larger screwdriver that i heat up and melt into the edge of the plastic until it meets the pan. when the glue is heated sufficiently, i pry it right out of the pre melted spot with the tiny screwdriver. i only lose a shadow if im not patient enough to heat it until the glue gives extremely easily.

for old stlye urban decay packaging, i heat the screwdriever over and over until i can get all the way under the pan and pop it out.

for the new style UD packaging, mac packaging, and all other e/s with a seperate piece that holds the e/s in a larger pot, i pop out the smaller piece from the pot and heat it on the spatula.

for milani shadows, i treat them as though they were the popped out plastic portion of a mac shadow. ive never had any luck with just heating and pushing through that tiny hole thats already in the plastic.

jane shadows come right out with a tiny gentle pry, bless them. i wish also shadows were so weakly held in the pan.

Reaction score
I love to palette! I did 12 MAC eyeshadow not too long ago, and I didn't mess up one!

Reaction score
I've never had a MAC eyeshadow... or their Palettes - so I've never depotted anything in my life besides some pansies! LOL I just use singles or duo's or the ones that come in a kit- I leave at home and just use them in the mornings when I'm getting ready.

Reaction score
I like my e/s in the pots they come in. I've never been one for palettes, unless the shadows already come in one.

Reaction score
I haven't done this yet. And with the MAC shadows I didn't know you could depot them. Thanks for the tips ladies.

Latest posts