to return or not to return, THAT is the question.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well i am going to return MAC's beauty marked. glitter just gets everywhere and i thought it was more of a Burgundy shadow under the glitter but it's back and i already have carbon.

Now on to my internal debate. I bought velvet moss and i don't think i can pull off this shade since it has no shimmer to it. it's just a flat avocado green. I am going to MAC this week sometime to buy another 4 pan and some shadows so i have been sitting here trying to think of some shadows to get.

last time i went the chick taking care of me wasn't much of a help on what to get. I asked her to recommend some and she really didn't.

I have some shadows on my wishlist (as usual) but i just picked those from the unreliable swatches on MAC's site. I'd like to get something that will go with the shadows i already have. and i would like to branch out from just neutrals (which is most of my shadows anyway)

I want to get something to pair with meadowland besides plum and moth brown (i have those) so i need suggestions. I am like the most indecisive person on the planet lol so suggestions will help decide what i will end up doing in the end. I have a bunch of pigments i can also pair with the shadows too ( i have white gold, frozen white, pink opal, pink bronze, golden olive, teal, green brown, grape, rich purple, deep purple, naked, vanilla, coco beach, tan, melon, copper sparkle, silver, blue brown, dark soul, rose, kitschmas, violet, chocolate brown, fairylite)

Check out Trisha's notepad. She has a lot of MAC e/s and I think that they are a bit more reliable than the swatches on the website.

HTH!

Originally Posted by Marisol Check out Trisha's notepad. She has a lot of MAC e/s and I think that they are a bit more reliable than the swatches on the website.
HTH!

thanks so much

maybe a dark green contrasting color? like plumage or femme noir.

I wore Meadowland to work today and blended it with Electric Eel (crease) and Pollen (inner corner & brow highlight). Got a bunch of compliments, so I've decided it's a good combo.
smile.gif
I've also worn Meadowland with Steamy and Gorgeous Gold.

Originally Posted by charms23 Have you thought about getting the other colors in Madame B, like Pink Papillon and Pollen? i have pollen. and i don't really like pinks at all. (so don't ask me why i have pink opal or pink bronze pigments)

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 maybe a dark green contrasting color? like plumage or femme noir. i'll have to check those out.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I wore Meadowland to work today and blended it with Electric Eel (crease) and Pollen (inner corner & brow highlight). Got a bunch of compliments, so I've decided it's a good combo.
smile.gif
I've also worn Meadowland with Steamy and Gorgeous Gold. hhm electric eel sounds like a good possibility.
smile.gif
i'll have to check out steamy too.

but with beauty marked i have carbon so i can use that black without having glitter fall all ovr my face.

and with VM i dont have many other green colors to pair it with. i have the golden olive pigment and UD's mildew (which i like to pair with GO already)

and yes your pics are better than the stupid swatches on MAC's site. i think two on my list are going to be shimmermoss and Aquadisiac but i want freshwater too i have seen that in some really pretty FOTD's

Originally Posted by Trisha Meadowland looks awesome with other blues/greens/golds/purples/peachy colours such as
Electric Eel

Steamy

Freshwater

Tilt

Sprout

Swimming

Juxt

Gorgeous Gold

Goldmine

Golden Lemon (pigment)

Melon (pigment)

Parfait Amour

Creme De Violet

Beautiful Iris

Arena

Paradisco

Coral (pro)

Also Re Beauty Marked and Velvet Moss

I like BM as a crease/contour shade for smokey purple eyes and if you wana keep VM, it goes really nicely with Sumptuous Olive and Golden Olive (pigment)

Luv Trisha xx

And yep I think my pics are better than the site! x LOL

Latest posts

Back