Today's mini haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't know where to go for lunch - so I went SHOPPING again!
icon_eek.gif
I went to Best Buy to pick up the Carmen Electra Strip workout dvd's that were mentioned in the Health & fitness forum, and then stopped next door at Ulta.

Got a few Ulta eyeshadows - I wanted grey ones to do a smoky look - and my MAC counter hasn't got any good greys (they only have a few and they're really light) So I got a light, medium & dark grey shadow (light=STAR, med=STERLING, dark=GRANITE) & a light gold (STARDUST) (& a few other things
wink.gif
) But since I spent over $28 I got a free gift set/case & free tote bag!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I chose the "Golden Girl" collection as opposed to the pink set, and it came with 2 polishes, a lipstick, a gloss, an eyeshadow trio, a large Bronzer, a brush for the bronzer,moisturizer tube, a nail file & case.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(All in golden/bronzy shades) plus i took the survey on the receipt & got a free nail polish (coral) - I always do this, so i have about 6 free polishes ... lol At first I thought the ulta shadows were a bit sheer, but with the UD primer and the MAC cream color base (in Hush) ... WOW - they really stand out! so I'm going to use them now with my new obsession for MAC e/s... they come out very similar (pigment wise) when you use the base. Here are some pix - and one wearing the free lipgloss from the gift set (lipgloss name is Flirt)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I love free stuff!!
wink.gif

Those shadows look really smooth! =) I do like their lipgloss, I got one in a swap, it was in a little plastic pot, color is called Goddess. Very beautiful orange color with a lot of sparkles!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 nice! where is ulta sold? i've never heard of them. It's their own brand ... the store is called Ulta (www.ulta.com) their color selections are HUGE! I love their shadows.. you're right Krista, they are really smooth - and with the MAC cream color base.. they show up really well & pigmented. I love Ulta b/c you can find pretty much anything you need - all in the same store. High/low end makeup, High/low end hair products, Healthcare, Fitness dvd's & accessories, even a salon in the store. Plus they always have buy one get one sales, and coupons all the time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Those shadows look really smooth! =) I do like their lipgloss, I got one in a swap, it was in a little plastic pot, color is called Goddess. Very beautiful orange color with a lot of sparkles! Yup! I have that and the pink one! LOL They were a GWP I think at one time...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Their lipsticks are soooo nice too! And the fact that they come in every shade under the sun is nice too!
wink.gif
I think i should be a high reward level this quarter - I've spent so much there lately.... so that means at least $50+ in free stuff! YEAH!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yup! I have that and the pink one! LOL They were a GWP I think at one time...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Their lipsticks are soooo nice too! And the fact that they come in every shade under the sun is nice too!
wink.gif
I think i should be a high reward level this quarter - I've spent so much there lately.... so that means at least $50+ in free stuff! YEAH!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah.. that lipgloss was a GWP because it has the Not for Resale sticker on the bottom. I didn't know beforehand that it was a GWP at all.. swapping can be tricky! At the Benefit boutique, we have a stamp card program, 20 lippies (with each 10 dollar purchase) and you get 10 dollars off and there's also another card for waxing servies. AWESOME! Waxing services for employees are FREEEEEE

Originally Posted by Scarlette Yeah.. that lipgloss was a GWP because it has the Not for Resale sticker on the bottom. I didn't know beforehand that it was a GWP at all.. swapping can be tricky! At the Benefit boutique, we have a stamp card program, 20 lippies (with each 10 dollar purchase) and you get 10 dollars off and there's also another card for waxing servies. AWESOME! Waxing services for employees are FREEEEEE NICE!!! How are you liking the new job!?!?!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Must be awesome! Wish we had something like that out here by me - I don't even have a MAC pro store here (it's in NYC - about 1hr. + away) and the nearest freestanding store is in the mall about 40 min. away (will be visiting that one someday soon though! Probably after the IBS show) I'd love to see the Boutique though! sounds great!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow! What a nice a nice haul! I can't go to Ulta without buying anything so I have stayed away from their stores
icon_smile.gif

Nice haul Janelle! That bag looks adorable. I love the colour on your lips too..

Thanks guys! Couldn't pass up a good freebie! LOL I wanted shadows anyway - so what better time then when there's something FREE to go along with it! LOL

I like freebies too! Janelle, your lip color is very, very nice! Cute bag too.
icon_smile.gif

I have off work today and I'm sitting here at home thinking...hmm, where can I go today? I'm really thinking bath/body products somewhere. But, I have shopped so much recently that I really don't need to spend the $!
icon_eek.gif
I do have to return some stuff at the mall today so I'm gonna be way tempted.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Diane Very nice haul Janelle! I love the bag and the lip gloss. Thanks Diane! Figure it'd come in handy if I ever make it to the beach this summer!! LOL

LOL That's what I was thinking it would be good for too! Now you have to get a bathing suit to match! Damn..huh?
wink.gif
LOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks Diane! Figure it'd come in handy if I ever make it to the beach this summer!! LOL

Originally Posted by Diane LOL That's what I was thinking it would be good for too! Now you have to get a bathing suit to match! Damn..huh?
wink.gif
LOL Nope! Already have one!!! LOL Same color as that blue
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Perfect! What about Sandals?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Nope! Already have one!!! LOL Same color as that blue
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Diane Perfect! What about Sandals? not blue, but I have black, white & brown! LOL

Cool! Wear the white ones!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 not blue, but I have black, white & brown! LOL

Latest posts

Back