Toni Weeklong Waves

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried this? The box says it has 7 day curl power, its a temporary perm. What i'm looking for is deep wavy look, I have a 3 barrel curling iron and I like that but I can't seem to get the look that i want with it, it looks too messy, I have seen other peoples hair and it's beautiful with the waves, just wondering if theres any suggestions to get that look? there are a couple pics to show what i'm really looking for

thanks in advance!

Jana

IMO all perms are the same really, you can get a regular perm and leave it in with different timings to get different results. A 7 day perm, well I think they are pulling your leg. The less time you leave a perm in the more relaxed the curl will be and the faster it will relax but it will always be there. Unless you cut it off. There are different ways of giving a perm to get this result that you want. I would talk with a stylist in your area. In my shop I do a 9 section perm (where I take the hair in big sections and it is rolled on a big rod) to get the result that you are wanting and I would leave the perm solution in about 10-15 mins.

Does your hair have any natural curl to it? Mine does and to get waves like in the 2nd picture here's what I do:

Wash/condition

I have really thick hair so I then brush it out and use a product to tame frizzies (Got 2 Be Glossy or L'oreal Sleek and Smooth usually).

Then I spray with John Frieda Ocean Waves and a little bit of gel or mousse (like Pantene Curl Defining Mousse or Graham Webb Making Waves gel).

I then take my hair in small sections and twist it tight and put a rubber band at the bottom. I do this allover and then dry with a diffuser until it's mostly dry and then take the rubber bands out and let it airdry. This gives me very loose wavy curls. Takes more time then just scrunching and air drying, but nice results!

Latest posts

Back