Too many bronzers and highlighters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going through my stash tonight and realized that I have WAY too many bronzers and highlighters. I mean, how much can one person use in a lifetime? I have 5 by MAC; 3 by Smashbox; one by each of the following: Vincent Longo, Urban Decay, Prescriptives, Clinique, Stila, Hard Candy, Estee Lauder, and some brand I dont recognize.... I THINK that's it. I want to get rid of some of them, but I can't seem to let go. What's a girl to do? What do you all do when you go overboard on products?
redface.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I was going through my stash tonight and realized that I have WAY too many bronzers and highlighters. I mean, how much can one person use in a lifetime? I have 5 by MAC; 3 by Smashbox; one by each of the following: Vincent Longo, Urban Decay, Prescriptives, Clinique, Stila, Hard Candy, Estee Lauder, and some brand I dont recognize.... I THINK that's it. I want to get rid of some of them, but I can't seem to let go. What's a girl to do? What do you all do when you go overboard on products?
redface.gif
Put em' up on the Swap board!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL!! I know that I should, but I dont know how to choose which ones I can live without. They are all so pretty (although unnecessary). I guess I'm just gonna have to be strong and just DO IT!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Put em' up on the Swap board!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL, I feel like I have the same problem with mu in general, but I def don't have that many bronzers and highlighters!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Maybe you should just keep what you have since you don't want to part with them. BUT resolve to refrain from buying more until you cut down your stash.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I was going through my stash tonight and realized that I have WAY too many bronzers and highlighters. I mean, how much can one person use in a lifetime? I have 5 by MAC; 3 by Smashbox; one by each of the following: Vincent Longo, Urban Decay, Prescriptives, Clinique, Stila, Hard Candy, Estee Lauder, and some brand I dont recognize.... I THINK that's it. I want to get rid of some of them, but I can't seem to let go. What's a girl to do? What do you all do when you go overboard on products?
redface.gif

Truth is, I dont want to part with them, but its ridiculous to have so much of these items. I'm NEVER gonna buy more, but I do think that I'm gonna have to be strong and let some of these things go. Besides, I need the room in my train case for my beloved eyeshadows (now that's one thing I can NEVER have too much of).
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 LOL, I feel like I have the same problem with mu in general, but I def don't have that many bronzers and highlighters!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Maybe you should just keep what you have since you don't want to part with them. BUT resolve to refrain from buying more until you cut down your stash.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 LOL, I feel like I have the same problem with mu in general, but I def don't have that many bronzers and highlighters!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_smile.gif
I agree! I'm the same way too! But I would also try to avoid the bronzer aisles for awhile until you use em' up!
smile.gif
LOL (PS... Like the new avatar!! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yep!! I'm definitely not going down the bronzer aisle!!
redface.gif

Thanks re the avatar and the hair. Wonderful Tony did the pic for me!! He's the best!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I agree! I'm the same way too! But I would also try to avoid the bronzer aisles for awhile until you use em' up!
smile.gif
LOL (PS... Like the new avatar!! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Yep!! I'm definitely not going down the bronzer aisle!!
redface.gif

Thanks re the avatar and the hair. Wonderful Tony did the pic for me!! He's the best!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah... we luv him to pieces!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Truth is, I dont want to part with them, but its ridiculous to have so much of these items. I'm NEVER gonna buy more, but I do think that I'm gonna have to be strong and let some of these things go. Besides, I need the room in my train case for my beloved eyeshadows (now that's one thing I can NEVER have too much of).
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I tell myself the same thing, but I always buy more.
eek.gif
I don't think that there's anything wrong w/having what you have, but if you're not using them, then I'd have to throw wet paper towels @ you (a la Friends).
tongue.gif

Which Smashbox highlighters do you have? I love the powder soft lights & want more, but am tyring to finish up what I have before buying more. I have to admit that they're addictive, but as long as they're not similar to one another, then you're in the clear.
wink.gif

LOL!!! *dodging the wet paper towels*

I think about using all of them, but basically, I'm using the Smashbox and one of the MAC. The other millon just sit there looking at me.. waiting to be used next
icon_cry.gif

For SB, I have smashing Highland and Soft Lights (my fav) and I also have the loose shimmer/highlighter powder but the name escapes me right now. Oh... that reminds me, of the list that mentioned earlier, I also have Laura Mercier Soft Sun. That's it... I'm listing some of these for swap tomorrow when I get home from work! This is out of control!!
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I tell myself the same thing, but I always buy more.
eek.gif
I don't think that there's anything wrong w/having what you have, but if you're not using them, then I'd have to throw wet paper towels @ you (a la Friends).
tongue.gif

Which Smashbox highlighters do you have? I love the powder soft lights & want more, but am tyring to finish up what I have before buying more. I have to admit that they're addictive, but as long as they're not similar to one another, then you're in the clear.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU LOL!!! *dodging the wet paper towels*I think about using all of them, but basically, I'm using the Smashbox and one of the MAC. The other millon just sit there looking at me.. waiting to be used next
icon_cry.gif

For SB, I have smashing Highland and Soft Lights (my fav) and I also have the loose shimmer/highlighter powder but the name escapes me right now. Oh... that reminds me, of the list that mentioned earlier, I also have Laura Mercier Soft Sun. That's it... I'm listing some of these for swap tomorrow when I get home from work! This is out of control!!
rolleyes.gif

You are too funny! LOL But we'll have to whip out those paper towels if we find you swapping for more highlighters! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Please do... I'd be so crazy to swap for more of these things. Talk about obsessed!! I hope there's a 12 step program for this!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You are too funny! LOL But we'll have to whip out those paper towels if we find you swapping for more highlighters! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well, I'm glad you're working on eliminating stuff. Highlighters can be addictive, but if you decide to get one more (not that I'm encouraging or discouraging), try WnW's All Over Shimmer. This one's pretty & can work w/just about anything.
tongue.gif

OMG!! You're so bad! I can't believe you told me that.
icon_eek.gif
Now guess what I'm gonna do? I'll have that shimmer by this weekend. You've gotta be careful what you say to me about makeup... I AM SO WEAK!!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Well, I'm glad you're working on eliminating stuff. Highlighters can be addictive, but if you decide to get one more (not that I'm encouraging or discouraging), try WnW's All Over Shimmer. This one's pretty & can work w/just about anything.
tongue.gif

That sounds like a good idea!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Keep your favourite 2 for use, put the rest in a box & hide them somewhere for 2 weeks, if you dont remember or reach for them in that time, swap them away! (i got this tip from someone else!), it does work! x

Latest posts

Back