Tools of the trade,and how you use them.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are so many make up brushes out there, post your tips and techniques here so that we can all look goergous! Here are my tips. Foundation Brush by BareEsc; use to apply liquid foundation from center of face outwards and upwards towards hairline around face and just below jaw. Borgese Large Powder Brush; use to apply loose powder in soft downward strokes over foundation to set makeup. BareEsc eyeshadow brush; use in soft sweeps over eye lid to apply eyeshadow.Angle eyeshadow brush; use to add definition to crease of eye brushing inwards and up above crease.

Originally Posted by candy There are so many make up brushes out there, post your tips and techniques here so that we can all look goergous! Here are my tips. Foundation Brush by BareEsc; use to apply liquid foundation from center of face outwards and upwards towards hairline around face and just below jaw. Borgese Large Powder Brush; use to apply loose powder in soft downward strokes over foundation to set makeup. BareEsc eyeshadow brush; use in soft sweeps over eye lid to apply eyeshadow.Angle eyeshadow brush; use to add definition to crease of eye brushing inwards and up above crease. Heres my favorites MAC 219 for outer corner of the eye application. Its a stiff brush, but in my opinion the best for this. BE Mineral Foundation brush and Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush. For me, these are the best for applying mineral foundation. MAC 217 for blending. This brush really blends so well, never a line of demarkation. I also use it for the crease too. Sonia Kashuk Eyeliner brush. I use this as a wet liner. Excellent quality for the price. Stila #8 Blush brush. Picks up the color perfectly and distributes flawlessly.

My best find actually came from a local art supply store. They have these itty bitty tiny brushes that I can't the grand idea to buy one to apply eyeliner with one day. It works like a dream, I never make a mistake with it.

My picks: NARS bronzer brush-not only great for applying bronzer but can also be used for blush and powder application..Versatile MAC#219-love this for the outer V also use it for crease and to line around eyes when doing the whole smokey eye bit MAC #311 -a lip brush that also makes a great eye liner MAC#266 great liner brush for creme liner or shadow MAC #190 -foundation brush that is also perfect for blush MAC #242( don't bother buying this)the first time you wash it,it's history..Gets insanely fluffy..Try Face secrets crease blender instead(Sally's)

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa My best find actually came from a local art supply store. They have these itty bitty tiny brushes that I can't the grand idea to buy one to apply eyeliner with one day. It works like a dream, I never make a mistake with it. That's a great idea! What are the bristles or hair like on the artists brushes made from? I think i will buy a nice brush for liquid eyeliner etc.

You can buy natural haired or synthetic brushes as the art store..Just like in regular brushes it depends on what you want to spend.

Originally Posted by candy That's a great idea! What are the bristles or hair like on the artists brushes made from? I think i will buy a nice brush for liquid eyeliner etc.

Latest posts

Back