Toothpaste takes away zits?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I heard that if you put toothpaste on your zits they'll go away, is that true?
icon_confused.gif
And can someone please give me ideas because I have the most biggest zit on my nose
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Hey, I heard that if you put toothpaste on your zits they'll go away, is that true?
icon_confused.gif
And can someone please give me ideas because I have the most biggest zit on my nose
icon_evil.gif
Yeah, it's not magic, but it will help dry them out
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Thanks. And will that make it less noticeable and less red and big?? Ususally - but it takes at least a day or so... you can also put some visine on it to help with the redness
wink.gif

Thanks alot
icon_smile.gif
, so am I suppose to use any particular toothpast? And im sorry for this stupid question but... what is visine?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I feel stoopid
icon_rolleyes.gif

Potato also helps to dry them up. Just take a normal white potato and cut a piece out of it and rub it on the infected spot. There is something in the potato juice that helps! Put the rest of the potato in a baggie in the fridge for next time. I've tried so I know it helps. Not a magical potion but it can't hurt.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks a bunch
icon_biggrin.gif
! So am I suppose to use any particular toothpaste? And Im sorry for this stupid question but, what is visine? Also, do I just put the tooth paste on my zits and then wash it off right away or should I wait a bit? I want to make sure I do everything as instructed, eek, do you think any of this might cause a reverse reaction ????

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Thanks alot
icon_smile.gif
, so am I suppose to use any particular toothpast? And im sorry for this stupid question but... what is visine?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I feel stoopid
icon_rolleyes.gif
No problem!
smile.gif
visine are eye drops - they take the red out of your eyes if you get irritation or allergies... it helps shrink blood vessles so they don't look so bloodshot - but it also works on skin to help fade away some of the red.
wink.gif

Sorry for that extra post, I thought my other post didn't work. Any wow, that's interesting potatoes too?!?!

As far as the toothpaste I would suggest using the paste kind not the gel. As for brand I don't think that it matters.

Originally Posted by tylda1969 As far as the toothpaste I would suggest using the paste kind not the gel. As for brand I don't think that it matters. Yeah... paste is better
smile.gif

Okay, I just rubbed some toothpaste on my zit, and 5 minutes later I rubbed a piece of potatoe on it, I'll keep you guys updated on how it works

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Okay, I just rubbed some toothpaste on my zit, and 5 minutes later I rubbed a piece of potatoe on it, I'll keep you guys updated on how it works You probably should've done it the other way around...
icon_wink.gif
so the paste doesn't come off w/ the potato

the toothpaste should be left on the zit overnight. clearasil ultra is also very good for spot treatment,( 10% benzoil peroxide), but it is about $8.

Welcome to MakeupTalk, KoolKatz! I'm Janelle from NY - glad to have you as a new member! Enjoy yourself, and if you have any questions, just PM me or any other Mod and we'll be glad to help!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by koolkatz That's so funny. I've always found that the gel works much better than paste toothpaste when dabbed on lightly (and on the zit itself!). Just wanna pop in here & say WELCOME to MUT Koolkatz. Look forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pin_stripe complete myth. everytime i've tried this it's actually made my zits WORSE, and been really hard to scrape off my skin. Welcome to MUT, Pin_Stripe! I'm Janelle from NY -
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Saw you registered awhile ago & these were your firsts posts here, so I wanted to give you a big "HELLO!"
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back