Top 5 Hall Of Fame: Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width=646 colSpan=5>
space.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=148>
space.gif

<!-- msnbc logo 1 -->

space.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=5 height=291>
space.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=435 height=291><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=435 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--//<--! function fashionwindow(url) {fashWin = window.open (url,"details","width=250,height=415,location=0,me nubar=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,titlebar =1,toolbar=0");fashWin.focus(); }//-->function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0 var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a)&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc; } function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0 var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array(); var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i <a.length; i++) if (a.indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a;}} } function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.0 var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?")) />0&&parent.frames.length) { d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);} if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[n]; for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers.document); if(!x && document.getElementById) x=document.getElementById(n); return x; } function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0 var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i <(a.length-2);i+=3) if ((x=MM_findObj(a))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];} } //-- /> //--> //--> //--> //--> //--> //--> //--></SCRIPT><!-- popup gallery javascript 1 --><!-- popup gallery javascript 1 --><SCRIPT language=javascript><!-- function ellegallerypop01(ref){ //alert ("hello world");windowPop = window.open ('/custom/gallery/gallery.asp?name=beauty5mascara&ref='+ref,"ellegal lerypop01", "toolbar=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,width =420,height=630");windowPop.focus();} //--></SCRIPT>
0308200515075522.jpg

Take this month's Top 5 Poll

Photo: Jeff Murray, ELLE March 2005 <MAP id=Map name=Map><MAP id=Map name=Map><AREA shape=RECT coords=347,63,420,368 href="javascript: ellegallerypop01(5);"><AREA shape=RECT coords=273,73,342,367 href="javascript: ellegallerypop01(4);"><AREA shape=RECT coords=202,66,262,362 href="javascript: ellegallerypop01(3);"><AREA shape=RECT coords=100,67,194,373 href="javascript: ellegallerypop01(2);"><AREA shape=RECT coords=6,67,96,382 href="javascript: ellegallerypop01(1);"></MAP></MAP></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Trisha, I agree with the Defincils being the only good one out of the bunch. Voluminous is nice but wears off too fast. And a BIG...WTF...for Maybelline's Great Lash!!! Must be worn by women who haven't tried anything new in ten years...
rolleyes.gif

I just for the first time bought great lash. I don't see what is so great about it. Didn't like it at all. Won't buy it again
icon_exclaim.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Trisha, I agree with the Defincils being the only good one out of the bunch. Voluminous is nice but wears off too fast. And a BIG...WTF...for Maybelline's Great Lash!!! Must be worn by women who haven't tried anything new in ten years...
rolleyes.gif

that surprises me, but then doesn't.

i think i'm the only one that's never tried great lash and i don't plan on it because even though it gets RAVES in magazines and beauty websites, everyone says it sucks. definicils i have and that it was my all-time favorite - until i bought the full size and for some reason, didn't work as well. volumous flakes and gives me raccoon eyes. diorshow worked, but not like i expected it to. the brush was too big and big brushes are only good for girls with lots of lashes. i have very thin, fine lashes. thin brushes work well for me.

How does eveyone feel about Benefit's Bad Gal? I hated it so much that I returned it and I never return make up.

detail_badgal_lash.jpg

Ick, I don't like any of those mascaras, really. Clinique's glossy is ok but I don't favor mascaras that do nothing but darken your lashes.

I never understood Great Lash. I agree w/DiorShow & Voluminous, but am on the fence w/Definicils.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Wow... nothing I've ever used made the list! Go figure! LOL
wink.gif
Good post Diane!
Wait! I stand corrected! I did have ONE of them! Well actually I didn't recognize it b/c I have the GWP size (& mine's green)... the Clinique one... that one I acutally like. (I forgot the name before until I just saw it in my case) It didnt' do WONDERS but it was pretty decent for bringing out lashes w/o giving you flakes or raccoon eye. And Jennifer, you might like Maybelline Lash Discovery. My friend uses this b/c she has thin lashes too... she swears by it. The tiny little brush gets every lash - even the really tiny ones in the inner corners. I like the big fat brushes personally, I like mascara w/ some thickness to it - I like to rather comb out extra than to apply 10 coats.
rolleyes.gif
My lashes are pretty thick... not great by all means, but I get better results from thick stuff than darkeners.
tongue.gif

My daughter loves Maybelline Lash Discovery.

I tried the Voluminous today for the first time and so far I REALLY love it! If it wears well today then I'm definitely sold.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And Jennifer, you might like Maybelline Lash Discovery. My friend uses this b/c she has thin lashes too... she swears by it. The tiny little brush gets every lash - even the really tiny ones in the inner corners. I like the big fat brushes personally, I like mascara w/ some thickness to it - I like to rather comb out extra than to apply 10 coats.
rolleyes.gif
My lashes are pretty thick... not great by all means, but I get better results from thick stuff than darkeners.
tongue.gif
actually, i had that. i remember trying it once and not being too impressed, but back then when i tried it, i was looking for a miracle mascara. maybe i should give it a shot again. thanks!

How the hell does Great Lash always make it on to the TOP 5 lists?? WTF are people voting for it thinking? Do they like clumpy lashes, flaking, smudging, sore eyes or what?

Originally Posted by Laura How the hell does Great Lash always make it on to the TOP 5 lists?? WTF are people voting for it thinking? Do they like clumpy lashes, flaking, smudging, sore eyes or what? stars and professional makeup artists have said it's their favorite, as well.

I hate great lash and I didn't think definicils was great shakes either. I've found YSL faux cils now and I'm going to stick with it. I can't afford to have more than one if I have to get a new one every 3 months because of bacteria build up anyway.

Originally Posted by Trisha I hated Bad Gal too! Thank you! I am glad that I am not the only one. My friend thinks I am crazy for not liking it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer stars and professional makeup artists have said it's their favorite, as well. Yeah... that's what I've seen & heard too - I'm sure that's why it's so popular after all this time. I have never tried it... I like thick mascara - but I hear that it takes awhile to dry. I wear contacts, and it's either i blink and wear mascara all over my face or wait for it to dry and have to chisel the contacts off my eyeballs! LOL
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I hate great lash and I didn't think definicils was great shakes either. I've found YSL faux cils now and I'm going to stick with it. I can't afford to have more than one if I have to get a new one every 3 months because of bacteria build up anyway. I'm hearing a lot of good things about the YSL - I think I might have to try that!
smile.gif
I just got maybelline 'unstoppable' though - so i'll have to wait until I run out. (The unstoppable is pretty nice acutally!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm hearing a lot of good things about the YSL - I think I might have to try that!
smile.gif
I just got maybelline 'unstoppable' though - so i'll have to wait until I run out. (The unstoppable is pretty nice acutally!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i heard that was horrible! (unstoppable) i love maybelline's mascaras, most of them, but after i heard about it, i decided not to get it.

Latest posts

Back